Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Dearg81

The espresso was his excuse to get up again. If he had dropped the pills and the espresso then Hector could have seen them as the bottle rolled around the ground.

I think he was planning to drop it to create noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

De Bh?l wrote: »
    I thought the pills switch plan was over elaborate. It was very well written, especially dismantling the aircon to ensure Don Hector takes off the coat. But if he goes to that trouble why not wait until Hector goes to the toilet, then make the switch. I know that wouldn't make good TV but still having to throw the pills into the pocket just seems overly risky.
    +1, also I was wondering "well if he has to throw pills into the pocket, and knock out the aircon I wonder what great trick he has in store for getting the original pills off him -maybe he has some clever pickpocketing trick" and then he just goes rifling through both fecking pockets like a drunk looking for their front door keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

You really felt his nerves though, i was so fricking tense watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

I know I was critical of the BCS Insider podcast but the latest episode is really good.

The costume designer spoke about Jimmy's suits and what choices they make for him and why they make those choices.

The actor who plays Howard Hamlin was also on and came across very well - joked at one stage that when people asked how he got into character he says- "I put on that suit!"

Bob Odenkirk appeared at the end and was asked whether this episode was the moment Jimmy really started becoming Saul.

He disagreed, saying for him, the difference between Jimmy and Saul is that Saul understands that the stuff he does hurts people, but Jimmy doesn't seem to realize that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Noo wrote: »
    You really felt his nerves though, i was so fricking tense watching it.

I also liked the way they built up the tension in Nacho, by him getting more annoyed when receiving the drug money.

Considering, he is not normally phased by anything.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lydia :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Poor Irene!

Also speaking of Lydia, I noticed there recently she's one of the girls in Kevin and Perry go Large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

There were a number of things about the last scene in the office that telegraphed a car accident for me:
    - her saying to Jimmy to tell him everything tonight (basically like "I'll be right back" in a horror movie)
    - Jimmy remark about driving at 60 instead of 55
    - Jimmy noticing she pulled an all-nighter
    - Her car getting stuck in the ground at the oil derrick was another aspect of Kim's car trouble theme this episode.

I was actually relieved when she survived with fairly minor injuries. I was expecting something much more serious, possibly causing Jimmy to go fully over the edge.

The theme of addiction is very strong between both Breaking Bad and BSC. Obviously drug addiction but Kim is clearly addicted to Kim at this point. Given she started in the mailroom and began her law career relatively late in life, she probably feels she has sometime to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Dammit

I was all like..
    Do it Kim!
    No don't fall asleep!
    ****!

That was some episode. I was almost gonna be giving it credit alone for how well they did tenseness with the first Kim/Car scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

That was so cruel of Jimmy the way he manipulated the other residents against poor Irene.

Why is there only 10 episodes though?:(

I thought that episode was fantastic (even before the ending).
    When this BCS series is over it will be one of those top episodes people will be talking about including BB.

It was such a tidy episode:

1) Links to Breaking Bad - Madrigal accounts - Mikes money

2) Nuances between Jimmy/Howard - Nacho/His Father - Chuck/Howard

3) The first car bit with Kim - so simple and drama created - showing her resourcefulness

4) The is this where the bell tolls for Hector bit? - More drama created and showed the rise of Gus at the same time

5) How low for Jimmy is willing to sink to isolate Irene (in a well concocted and plausible intricate plan/montage) - he is full Saul now in all but name

6) They even showed how Crazy 8 got his name when Jimmy was doing his best John McEnroe impression in the shopping centre

7) The ending - after all that effort with the files the papers were everywhere

I don't know how they did it, but I was engrossed from the first minute to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

My heart went out to Irene. Have to say that was the first time I was fully against Jimmy, the wheels are coming off now, that was heartless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I actually thought it was one of the poorest episodes of the season. Dunno, the whole old folks home slipping Jimmy extended version seemed silly to me and dragged.

Saying that it was another show of Saul taking over.

The crash was brilliantly done too, poor Kim. It scared the crap out of me! (Possibly cos I was drifting off due to what I felt was such a disappointing episode!)

Last one next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Well that episode was again let down by the Jimmy storyline, It was just so over elaborate that I was longing for it to end, He's supposed to be broke but then he goes and buys a load of expensive runners. It was just terrible imo.

Elsewhere​ things were very good, especially liked the scene with Nacho and his father, and the scene where we realise the pills are a placebo, nice twist I didn't see coming, The opening scene with Mike and Lydia was also excellent.

The car crash at the end was very well done as well, kind of mimicked the drifting off that sometimes happens while driving frighteningly well.

For some reason I have no sympathy for Kim, can't seem to warm to her at all tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

I actually thought it was one of the poorest episodes of the season. Dunno, the whole old folks home slipping Jimmy extended version seemed silly to me and dragged.

Saying that it was another show of Saul taking over.

The crash was brilliantly done too, poor Kim. It scared the crap out of me! (Possibly cos I was drifting off due to what I felt was such a disappointing episode!)

Last one next week :(

Agree. It was v poor. The whole Irene story was telegraphed and predictable. The Jimmy/Kim relationship is so unbelievable. There's no way you could thing they are having the ride.

Is that you Chuck? :D

Snap! :D

Well that episode was again let down by the Jimmy storyline, It was just so over elaborate that I was longing for it to end, He's supposed to be broke but then he goes and buys a load of expensive runners. It was just terrible imo.

Runners on sale and return?

No he is spot on, was over elaborate and far fetched to the point of stupid.

• Advertisement

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Agree. It was v poor. The whole Irene story was telegraphed and predictable. The Jimmy/Kim relationship is so unbelievable. There's no way you could thing they are having the ride.

Did you not like the way Jimmy engineered the Irene plan?

1) The cats he 'made'
    2) The runners
    3) The yoga classes
    4) The Bingo

The way it was done showed it took jimmy a long time, a week at least and he had to play the scam over a long period

They could no have him go in and say to Irene - to settle - he had to be more subtle.

Yeah, but that doesn't make it more interesting, entertaining, dramatic, or exciting. It was as dull as it's ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Yeah, but that doesn't make it more interesting, entertaining, dramatic, or exciting. It was as dull as it's ever been.

I thought it was interesting, seeing what Jimmy will do to screw people over, I thought it was entertaining, seeing characters develop, I thought it was dramatic, the way Kim's microsleep turned into the crash, and I thought it was exciting, waiting for Hector to have a stroke!

But hey, I must be wrong.

I thought it was interesting, seeing what Jimmy will do to screw people over, I thought it was entertaining, seeing characters develop, I thought it was dramatic, the way Kim's microsleep turned into the crash, and I thought it was exciting, waiting for Hector to have a stroke!

But hey, I must be wrong.

I meant the old folks trick. I agree with the rest.

I meant the old folks trick. I agree with the rest.

You can't say that watching Jimmy work over Irene, and turning her crew against her, reducing her to tears and isolation, wasn't designed to make you just pure hate Jimmy. Irene is everyone Nana!

Haha! Of course, but it could have gotten half or even a quarter of the screen time it was given.

But without that screen time, you wouldn't see the depth he's going to, to break Irene down, so she signs the deal so he gets paid.

I dunno, maybe I'm over hyping it, but I thought it was a well paced, well thought out episode.

You can't say that watching Jimmy work over Irene, and turning her crew against her, reducing her to tears and isolation, wasn't designed to make you just pure hate Jimmy. Irene is everyone Nana!

Yeah it is the first time Jimmy made you say what a d*ckhead.

Everything else he did that was morally questionable had some reasoning to it.

Even the thing with Chuck - that was revenge

The Irene thing was needless.

It was like what Howard said 'Pure greed'

It was a dick move to use Irene, but pure greed? I think he had a very valid point in that HMM were slowballing it to milk it, not caring that some of their clients might not even see their payouts.

• Advertisement

But without that screen time, you wouldn't see the depth he's going to, to break Irene down, so she signs the deal so he gets paid.

I dunno, maybe I'm over hyping it, but I thought it was a well paced, well thought out episode.

1 word......MONTAAAAAGE :P

Advertisement