Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

If you can't handle a bit of attitude and a difference of opinion then maybe you know....the internet might not be for you...

Ah here yourself! (It's an iPhone too btw :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Was anyone else waiting for the girl in the bingo hall to come out to Jimmy and say the same balls kept on coming out???

Nice little spot by the NY times too : The brand of tequila Jimmy brings to his failed celebration at the end of the episode is Zafiro A?ejo, which reappears in “Breaking Bad,” laced with poison, to wipe out the Mexican cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Was anyone else waiting for the girl in the bingo hall to come out to Jimmy and say the same balls kept on coming out???

Nice little spot by the NY times too : The brand of tequila Jimmy brings to his failed celebration at the end of the episode is Zafiro A?ejo, which reappears in “Breaking Bad,” laced with poison, to wipe out the Mexican cartel.

Yeah that was the one flaw that slightly annoyed me.
    When did jimmy remove the magnet?

Same bottle and everything.

Didn't Kim and Jimmy drink it before when Kim was pretending to be a South African?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Point me to these "things I've been criticising the show on for the past few weeks".

This is the first episode I've criticised in ages.

Not that there is anything wrong with criticism. This is a discussion thread.

You seem to respond to anyone with critical remarks on the show with a simple "there's the door" rather than you know, discussing it, or accepting other people's opinions.

His last post to you was refreshingly disarming. Can you try to do the same.

His last post to you was refreshingly disarming. Can you try to do the same.

How is falsely accusing someone of something refreshingly disarming?

First he suggests I stop watching my favourite show :D then he seemingly mistakes me for someone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

:) very good

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Was that not in the first season as well when Slipping Jimmy was doing cons in the fancy bars with the business men?

This show is incredible, it has me glued to the screen with 100% focus when it's on, not many shows can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Was that not in the first season as well when Slipping Jimmy was doing cons in the fancy bars with the business men?

This show is incredible, it has me glued to the screen with 100% focus when it's on, not many shows can do that.

Yeah didn't realise they had used it earlier in the series... love those little tie-ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Didn't Kim and Jimmy drink it before when Kim was pretending to be a South African?
    Yeah, Kim & Jimmy were definitely drinking it before in BCS. I spotted it this time around, the cap is sort of spikey.
    6) They even showed how Crazy 8 got his name when Jimmy was doing his best John McEnroe impression in the shopping centre
    Saw the crazy 8 sign too, but wondered why some lad would have that as his nickname.

It is a real shop http://www.crazy8.com/index.jsp

Also a card game, well crazy eights
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Eights

I thought his name was related to 8-ball, which is an eight of an ounce of cocaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Jimmy has really disappointed me. Was Chuck right all along? Howard told it like it was.

• Advertisement

I have finally figured out why they did the slightly longer Irene scam rather then a speedy montage.

It was to make you get to know Irene a little bit, so you can empathise with her situation.

Then when Jimmy sticks the knife in, and breaks her heart it is all the more shocking.

I hope to see Irene again at some-stage later in the next series!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Give me an Irene spin-off tbh. And they can tie it in with BB by telling Jessie's origin story, as they tied Mike and Saul together, where he's a guy who robs from her purse initially but then she takes him under her wing and they mall walk, she teaches him how to knit and they occasionally fight crime too. She's the grandmother he never had and when she dies that sends Jessie into a meth-adled spiral. The biggest kicker, though? When she first caught him stealing from her purse, he called her "bitch", and now he says it in a tribute to his darling mi-maw, Irene. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Yeah that was the one flaw that slightly annoyed me.
    When did jimmy remove the magnet?

He was wearing a ring with the magnet inside it, no?

I thought so at first but I think there was a little magnet in the suction tube that they showed on the overhead view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I thought that at first but I just re-watched it. He is seen fidgeting with his pinky ring but that is the ring that he got from his friend Marco when he died. Jimmy is seen with a larger, longer magnet in that scene which I presume part of the bingo ball machine. So it does seem that technically whenever they start a new game the same magnetic balls are likely to keep getting pulled. I would assume that once Jimmy finishes talking to Irene he returns to the machine and swaps back out the magnetic balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I thought so at first but I think there was a little magnet in the suction tube that they showed on the overhead view.
    DMcL1971 wrote: »
    I thought that at first but I just re-watched it. He is seen fidgeting with his pinky ring but that is the ring that he got from his friend Marco when he died. Jimmy is seen with a larger, longer magnet in that scene which I presume part of the bingo ball machine. So it does seem that technically whenever they start a new game the same magnetic balls are likely to keep getting pulled. I would assume that once Jimmy finishes talking to Irene he returns to the machine and swaps back out the magnetic balls.

Can't believe this is being discussed without the inevitable...

...Yeah! Magnets bitch!

:pac:

I just finished listening to this weeks podcast. Some very interesting discussions with Rhea Seehorn about Kim's appearance and about the car scene and oil pump. Also a good discussion about music and scoring choices. Definitely worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

leggo wrote: »
    Give me an Irene spin-off tbh. And they can tie it in with BB by telling Jessie's origin story, as they tied Mike and Saul together, where he's a guy who robs from her purse initially but then she takes him under her wing and they mall walk, she teaches him how to knit and they occasionally fight crime too. She's the grandmother he never had and when she dies that sends Jessie into a meth-adled spiral. The biggest kicker, though? When she first caught him stealing from her purse, he called her "bitch", and now he says it in a tribute to his darling mi-maw, Irene. RIP.

Haha, make it happen!

I love when Jimmy has to act. His acting is terrible. Like when he went to the insurance company to rat out chuck or talking to the old lady about settling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

leggo wrote: »

I'd watch that, yo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I just finished listening to this weeks podcast. Some very interesting discussions with Rhea Seehorn about Kim's appearance and about the car scene and oil pump. Also a good discussion about music and scoring choices. Definitely worth a listen.

That scene was lost on me, why was the bit about the car getting stuck there and the focus on the pile of wood?
    Is there something under that pile of wood that she nearly uncovered or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That scene was lost on me, why was the bit about the car getting stuck there and the focus on the pile of wood?
    Is there something under that pile of wood that she nearly uncovered or something like that.

Nope, It was just done to:
    (A) foreshadow her car crash.
    (B) show us how she's close to breaking point fatigue wise.
    (C) and also maybe to show us how staunchly independent she is, always looking to solve her own problems, the last thing she wants to do is ask for help.

Nope, It was just done to:
    (A) foreshadow her car crash.
    (B) show us how she's close to breaking point fatigue wise.
    (C) and also maybe to show us how staunchly independent she is, always looking to solve her own problems, the last thing she wants to do is ask for help.

The way my brain is working though is that we have seen that there are things buried in the dessert at certain landmarks throughout the season so far....guns and a body so far.
    I wonder, and this is wild speculation, that she was about to uncover something under those pieces of wood :D

But what you say jcsoulinger makes sense as well :)

Man I love this f*cking show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Which podcast ? the unofficial one with Aron + ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I'd watch that, yo.

That's church yo!

Which podcast ? the unofficial one with Aron + ?

No. The official 'Better Call Saul Insider Podcast' by AMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm not sure a over the counter medication would provide any relief especially not that quickly anyways, I'd say it's more lightly that he's been taking a placebo.

It was a capsule, it would take the same time for it to dissolve regardless of what is inside. So I doubt any drug could act that fast.

The instant calming effect could be seen as placebo alright, but that does not mean he legitimately needs the drug for medical purposes.

No. The official 'Better Call Saul Insider Podcast' by AMC.
    I just listened to it.

Jayus they go into an awful lot of detail.

Kim's hair, Kim's clothes, the manufacturing of digital and manual hand pumps for the oil field, loads of effort went into both Kim's car scenes

Oh and they said they had to put thought in how they could segue into Jimmy's Irene con Montague.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Slydice wrote: »
    I was all like..
    Do it Kim!
    No don't fall asleep!
    ****!

Just rewatched it.

That falling asleep scene.

It's just like.. you know.. like when you're awake and like then you just nod off... like things have happened by the time you wake up but you don't realise for a second..

this was that! just like BAM car crash. ****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Slydice wrote: »
    Just rewatched it.

That falling asleep scene.

It's just like.. you know.. like when you're awake and like then you just nod off... like things have happened by the time you wake up but you don't realise for a second..

this was that! just like BAM car crash. ****!

I know it's only a drama and I'm being over picky but there's no way you'd fall asleep when you're buzzing with nerves on the way to an important meeting.

Advertisement