Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    I know it's only a drama and I'm being over picky but there's no way you'd fall asleep when you're buzzing with nerves on the way to an important meeting.

Microsleeps are a real thing. Tiredness is as dangerous as drink driving. Kim was running on empty, the coffee, the Stay Alert tablets, being in the office day and night.

Important meeting or not, it all catches up eventually.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    I know it's only a drama and I'm being over picky but there's no way you'd fall asleep when you're buzzing with nerves on the way to an important meeting.

That's a fallacy.

I work looong hours ( 14 hour shifts wouldn't be uncommon) and I've seen crew members just snap asleep. I've done it myself as well.

No matter what pressure you're under, your body WILL give in eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

That's a fallacy.

I work looong hours ( 14 hour shifts wouldn't be uncommon) and I've seen crew members just snap asleep. I've done it myself as well.

No matter what pressure you're under, your body WILL give in eventually.

Same, I've done it myself, in a car as well. Thankfully it was a long straight, with noone else on the road. Didn't crash, woke when I hit the cats eyes. (Pulled in, cleaned the poop out of my pants, and took a few minutes.)

But it's exactly as they filmed it. Thousand yard stare, blink, thousand yard stare, nod, blink, startled awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The car crash scene was shot really well overall and they nailed it (and her) :pac:

Really enjoyed this episode and this season in general has been excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I too can vouch for the crash scene, scarily accurate. So much so that it should almost be a road safety advert, brilliantly done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,253 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    I thought that at first but I just re-watched it. He is seen fidgeting with his pinky ring but that is the ring that he got from his friend Marco when he died. Jimmy is seen with a larger, longer magnet in that scene which I presume part of the bingo ball machine. So it does seem that technically whenever they start a new game the same magnetic balls are likely to keep getting pulled. I would assume that once Jimmy finishes talking to Irene he returns to the machine and swaps back out the magnetic balls.

That was one thing that bugged me. He told his assistant to take over, so if she reset the game and put the balls back in would the same balls not come out again

I thought maybe he rigged the game by making the balls heavier. Or did they explain it as magnets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That was one thing that bugged me. He told his assistant to take over, so if she reset the game and put the balls back in would the same balls not come out again

I thought maybe he rigged the game by making the balls heavier. Or did they explain it as magnets
    I watched it again, the paint can was partially visible, magnetic primer or something was on it. This was confirmed since after syringing the paint in you saw him using a magnet to grab a ball.

The magnet was in the tube all along. You are right that the same ones would be coming out again. I was expecting him to pocket them as they came out, or after the game was complete pocket them on the sly, but he ran out after Irene.

As the balls are heavier I was wondering if they would have even made it up to the magnet in the tube.

As said his ring was not magnetic, I think he was just rubbing his lucky scamming ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I always wonder why people give a sh1te trying to pick out irrelevant things like this.

qwabercd wrote: »
    I always wonder why people give a sh1te trying to pick out irrelevant things like this.
    the massive popularity of mythbusters must really puzzle you! I expect the breaking bad episodes were up there among the highest ratings.

I have always had an interest in how magic tricks or scams like this are done. I like seeing conmen techniques and have an interest in chemistry, physics, mechanics, gadgets etc. I make stuff myself so have a great interest in improvisation etc, like magyver. Many people are curious if stuff in films or TV shows can really happen, hence all the mythbusters specials about tv shows & films.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

The final scene was really well done, it was so abrupt and scared the crap out of me

Anyone remember the scene a few episodes ago where it showed Kim set an alarm on her phone so she could have a nap in her car then suddenly cut to the alarm going off..

elekid wrote: »
    Anyone remember the scene a few episodes ago where it showed Kim set an alarm on her phone so she could have a nap in her car then suddenly cut to the alarm going off..
    Yeah, I think Vince mentioned this was foreshadowing in some article I read after watching, I can't find it now though.

Watching the bingo thing again it did not make sense to me why there was pretty much nobody clapping when Irene won. Her own group not clapping, fine -but there were loads there and surely some would not even know her and so would have been clapping.

Everybody is making out Jimmy to be a total monster, fair enough, but what about the bunch of auld bitches treating her so badly too. Maybe I am missing something but its not like Jimmy said she was scamming them or something, just making out like she had enough money and might be holding out for more. If they want her to change her mind it might have been a better idea to treat her nice, or at least tell her what the issue is, sit her down and say they should settle ASAP.

Irene appeared clueless as to why they were ignoring her, so its not even a "I'm not talking to you and you know fine well why" thing, like somebody expecting an apology or in this case like they expecting her to get the message and ask for it to be settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

rubadub wrote: »
    Watching the bingo thing again it did not make sense to me why there was pretty much nobody clapping when Irene won. Her own group not clapping, fine -but there were loads there and surely some would not even know her and so would have been clapping.
    I find it best not to over-analyse BB or BCS in terms of plausibility as you realise a lot of luck is involved for Walt's, Jimmy's or Mike's schemes to work flawlessly. Overall though the storylines tend to be good enough that they are not too jarring and you can forgive them.

For the Bingo thing Jimmy has been working this scam for a period of time. That's plenty of time for the gossiping about Irene to spread out amongst the larger group who are not part of her immediate circle. All they really need to hear is about how this apparently well-off woman is holding out for a bigger payout while her friends are missing out and that's enough for them not to clap a woman they probably don't know that well when she wins the bingo jackpot.

My mom used to play Bingo and used to do quite well. Jealousy raises its head quite quickly when you start to win relatively regularly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭caniask86

I really thought Kim was going to die this episode. I just felt a big cloud of doom over here from the start. I think she and jimmy getting along so well because they are both so flawed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I totally knew Kim was going to crash....because i came on this thread the other day still thinking i was reading about the previous episode.....i hate you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

elekid wrote: »
    The final scene was really well done, it was so abrupt and scared the crap out of me

Amazing editing - whoever did it should get an award.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I went back to watch the S2 episode of BB where Saul gets introduced - Badger gets busted for selling meth to a cop and Saul is hired to represent him. The last few episodes of BCS have made great strides pushing Jimmy towards his destiny but I still think he's some way off full-blown, scruple-free Saul. He actually recommends "prison shanking" Badger to Walt and Jesse. There's no way Jimmy is anywhere near that level of callousness yet.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before but the most interesting thing in hindsight about that BB episode is where, bound and kneeling in front of his desert grave, Saul begs "No, it wasn't me. It was Ignacio. He's the one." Michael Mando who plays Nacho has apparently confirmed, this Ignacio and he are one in the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Anyone know how many seasons of BCS there'll be?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

What a fantastic season finale!! Loved it.

Beware!! Plenty of spoilers below.

I wasn't expecting Howard to give in to Chuck without a fight.

Kim was great in this episode. I appreciated the way she nearly decided to go back to working herself to death but then realised that she needed to take a step back. Also I don't get people saying that they don't buy Jimmy and Kim's relationship. It seems to me like a settled long term relationship between two grown people in love. It looks like the relationships of most people I know. They aren't two teenagers who can't stop jumping each others bones and writing poems to each other. They are two adults in a mature relationship.

I was really disliking Jimmy after the way he treated Irene last week but he made up for it this week in a spectacular way. He really sacrificed a lot to fix things. His reputation among the senior community is shot and because Erin knows what he did his reputation amongst the general law community must also be shot (not to mention that he is currently suspended). It is no wonder that he ends up as Saul only dealing with the kinds of clients who don't care much about morals.

I was delighted to see Don Hector go down, what a piece of work that guy is, really deserved what he got.

They really handled Chuck's relapse well. You could see his descent back to his old and obsessive ways, but I was not expecting them to go that far with it. I wonder will he survive the fire.

Can't wait for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Ryann Red Sorrow

el diablo wrote: »
    Anyone know how many seasons of BCS there'll be?

6 according to Vince

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well that was one hell of a season cliffhanger to end on.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Well that was one hell of a season cliffhanger to end on.

Cliffhanger? Seemed pretty straightforward to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No loss.. as great as the actor is, the character has pretty much run his course. He gambled and lost with Howard, he's resigned himself that Jimmy will never change and has pretty much decided that he has no brother at this point.. his arc is complete really.

I guess next season will see the appearance of Don Ding Ding, and probably the result of the attack and Nacho's tampering with the pills (lack of immunity resistance etc), unless they just write him out as well.. not sure what else they can do with him now.

As for Jimmy and Kim, it seems that we still won't see Saul just yet (won't surprise me if that doesn't happen till the second half/end of the final season) but as said above, he put a lot of effort into trying to make things right even (presumably) at the cost of his payout.

Decent finale overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

HHM still owe Chuck about $6m do they not (Howard gave a cheque of $3m as the first of 3 instalments)? I wonder is Jimmy entitled to the rest now as Chuck is dead and this could be where he gets his start up money from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I assume Chuck never got around to cashing the cheque. No one was in the room when Howard gave it to him and it came from Howard's own money. So I imagine no one knows about it. Therefore HHM probably don't owe him anything. Assuming Chuck actually dies in the fire the question is who inherits his share of HHM.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Variety interview on the finale with Peter Gould here
    Variety: I’ve got to ask: Is Chuck dead?

Peter Gould: I don’t want to define anything more than what’s on screen. I will say that we try to avoid something that we call “schmuck bait.” Which, to us — the term means making it look like something really big happened to get people to keep watching, and then as soon as they keep watching you take it off the table. So it looks like your main character is dead and then it turns out immediately that they’re not. That’s schmuck bait. So we try not to do that. We try to play fair with the audience, and I think it’s — what you see is what you get. This is a guy that’s in this house that’s filled with these lanterns with flammable fuel. And he’s got stacks of newspaper and books all around him. So, really, it doesn’t look too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Watched it twice now, the kid at the start nailed Chucks mannerisms, poor Chuck to be driven to such lengths, was weird not seeing Mike, Hector scene was epic.

Breaking Bad started in 2008 and Jimmy asked Kim how her 2003 film fest was going, honestly didn't see Kim throwing in the towel like that Jimmy and the sandpiper turn about was unexpected too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Gotta love Howard. What a guy. He's the moral compass of the show. Straight as a die.

Advertisement