Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I'm with Vince. I'd prefer a Kim spin off over Mike or Gus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I never got the obsession with Mike's story. I like it, it's fun, but it's fairly predictable to be honest. There was never any great mystery to me as to how Mike got to where he was. Jimmy's story is far more interesting to me - the arc from Jimmy to Saul is fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Just for the heck of it, I watched S1.E1 again. And then I remembered why I absolutely hate Chuck so much, the patronising, scheming , evil sh1t. But I don't think even he deserves to be burnt to death.

When Jimmy arrives back with the Financial Times, Chuck shakes the 'coin jar' in front of him and tells Jimmy to reimburse himself. This is where good acting is important. It was almost like a metaphorical tossing of a few coins on the ground. B4stard. Of course, there's always the suspicion of Jimmy's motive in trying to get Howard to release Chuck and pay him off. But that doesn't make Chuck any less of a b4stard.

I've read some criticisms of the acting in the series, but for me EVERY actor in this series is outstanding. they're so believable (well I think so and that's after numerous replays of various episodes.).

One thing comes to mind. I now know why I wouldn't like to know the future. Watching BCS and knowing the ultimate fate of some of the characters is unsettling and makes me think of the futility of it all :( . At least with Jimmy, I can continue to root for him in the hope of a rosy outcome. God, I'm such a softy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Criticism of acting in the series? Whoever claimed that is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Initially i thought eps 1 and 2 were poor. The skater twins were irritating and the whole tuco and his abuela, ending up in the desert, and introducing nacho.. it didn't flow well and wasn't good storytelling. I stopped watching it.

Months later i was looking for something new to watch and returned to it. I watched the next 28 eps over 2 weeks.
    It's fairly drawn out to be honest, but i still enjoyed it.

The s3 finale was great except I really didn't like the hot mic stunt as the way to wrap up the chapter and move on, but there you go.
    At least I dont want to see s4.1 continuing with the young battleaxe testifying against him to the bar, or jimmy sitting by a smoke-damaged Chuck's bedside. I think I'd like to see the story move forward a bit.

Last thought but how many times were the writers hinting that jimmy and kim were going to get caught out by one of their stunts? Had me in knots.

• Advertisement

Tenigate wrote: »
    Initially i thought eps 1 and 2 were poor. The skater twins were irritating and the whole tuco and his abuela, ending up in the desert, and introducing nacho.. it didn't flow well and wasn't good storytelling. I stopped watching it.

Months later i was looking for something new to watch and returned to it. I watched the next 28 eps over 2 weeks.
    It's fairly drawn out to be honest, but i still enjoyed it.

The s3 finale was great except I really didn't like the hot mic stunt as the way to wrap up the chapter and move on, but there you go.
    At least I dont want to see s4.1 continuing with the young battleaxe testifying against him to the bar, or jimmy sitting by a smoke-damaged Chuck's bedside. I think I'd like to see the story move forward a bit.

Last thought but how many times were the writers hinting that jimmy and kim were going to get caught out by one of their stunts? Had me in knots.

Hi Tenigate!
    Wow, I absolutely LOVED those opening episodes. I think its SO believable, Jimmy is struggling to make it, and is prepared to be an ambulance chaser to get there. Two idiots try to take down 'Slippin Jimmy' , and get their come uppance for their troubles.

Also, I tend to look at some f the story as a very dark comedy. Two Broken Legs? Ok, two between them!!! "I got you reduced from a death sentence " or whatever the dialogue was, I Thought it was brilliant.

Eventually the writers will tire of t. But....

I thought about this recently:
    Is Walter absolutely dead????

Of course I asked this in front of someone who is contemplating watching the Breaking Bad series......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Hi Tenigate!
    Wow, I absolutely LOVED those opening episodes. I think its SO believable, Jimmy is struggling to make it, and is prepared to be an ambulance chaser to get there. Two idiots try to take down 'Slippin Jimmy' , and get their come uppance for their troubles.

Also, I tend to look at some f the story as a very dark comedy. Two Broken Legs? Ok, two between them!!! "I got you reduced from a death sentence " or whatever the dialogue was, I Thought it was brilliant.

Eventually the writers will tire of t. But....

I thought about this recently:
    Is Walter absolutely dead????

Of course I asked this in front of someone who is contemplating watching the Breaking Bad series......:eek:

I hope that person is not the one who knocks.... :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

So they are only filming season 4 ?

pfft ... I was hoping for a premiere in April ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

So they are only filming season 4 ?

pfft ... I was hoping for a premiere in April ...

I was hoping for a new episode this week after seeing the thread bumped! :o

• Advertisement

More tweets from the set glad to see the Salamanca Brothers are back :D
    https://twitter.com/luismoncada77/status/951931865723629568

I hope that person is not the one who knocks.... :D

Haha. 3 months later, I am watching THAT precise episode, and now I understand the reference.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Returns August the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Mike will be deep into his seventies and perhaps the world's most senior hitman by the time BCS returns.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The previous gaps between seasons have never been this big have they?

ixoy wrote: »
    Returns August the 6th.

Feck sake isn't it normally april ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

better call saul season 4 is back on august 6th on AMC in america

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

el diablo wrote: »
    Mike will be deep into his seventies and perhaps the world's most senior hitman by the time BCS returns.

That just makes him a badass grandad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Advertisement

oh, oh, oh,

dare I watch it? I'm already dying for the next series to start, maybe this will push me over the edge:eek::eek::eek:

Right I will, Thanks Brian!

Great to see them all back together :D
    Check out @ItsSpoilerTime’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ItsSpoilerTime/status/1012335611381010433?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hector was looking at them as he took the picture. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Watched all 3 seasons over the past few weeks. Was expecting it to pick up a bit, but it's very slow moving. I enjoyed the character development, but there hasn't been any real pay off yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

its so long ago since i watched it i can't remember how it finished
    anyone fancy giving a recap?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Camp fire plus tin foil Chuck make Jimmy a Saul Goodman

Seve OB wrote: »
    its so long ago since i watched it i can't remember how it finished
    anyone fancy giving a recap?

Wikipedia season 3 BCS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul_(season_3)

Season 3 finale better call Saul lantern:

Season 3 BCS review IGN:

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/06/26/better-call-saul-season-3-review

More of a generalised bit about the show overall:

I just was watching the last 10-15 minutes of Season 3 episode 5 (the court room scene) 'Chicanery' it still is the best bit in the series by miles for me.

Trailer 2 season 4:

Analysis of trailer 2 season 4:

• Advertisement

I found this good one which merges major incidents in Breaking Bad and BCS in the same timeline.

It contains MAJOR SPOILERS ON BREAKING BAD if anyone has not seen it yet

Advertisement