Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Even after a number of repeat viewings of different episodes of S3, I still managed to get some new insights in the last couple of weeks.

Finally figured out why Mike took on the last job after coming out of the victims' families meeting. Because of what was said about 'not knowing' her missing husband's fate. Yes, yes, should have picked up on that immediately. Probably caused by binge viewing. I'll probably take notes for S4 ðŸ˜

I think Jimmy becomes Saul for real, when the drug dealer, ahem, I mean mug mealer, on the cleanup job says "best 700 I ever spent". Someone suggested it was taking the Kettleman's 'retainer', but I think he was still borderline at that point.

My kind, inner self, wants Chuck to be saved.

Anticipation building.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Comic Con trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Damn we all knew it was coming but that was a spoiler and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Well that's Chuck done for if there was any doubts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Seve OB wrote: »
    Well that's Chuck done for if there was any doubts

Yeah, Chuck's cooked.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

hang on, hang on, it mightn't be as bad as it sounds....

"...sorry to hear about your brother......
    ............getting his hair singed....":pac:

If he's gone, does Jimmy get the 2.4 million or whatever it was??? Or did Chuck leave everything to the dogs home? I'm going with the latter.

will now do everything I can to avoid spoilers.

As long as he's no longer a lawyer would ge my guess with Jimmy probably finding a loophole :D

Can not wait for this to come back Howard is a pig fcuker

hang on, hang on, it mightn't be as bad as it sounds....

"...sorry to hear about your brother......
    ............getting his hair singed....":pac:
    . .

Eh, they were at his funeral in the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Stumbled across this on Youtube the other day.. heh! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Advertisement

Eh, they were at his funeral in the trailer.

hahaha, yep but I was hoping that was a wedding, and that mike's condolences in the coffee shop were open to interpretation :D:D:D.

despite my reluctance, I watched the trailer a second time. I'm not going to do 'freeze-frame' to see who's picture is on the Memoriam card.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was wondering who the blonde in the red was before I copped it. I guess I didn't recognise her as you usually do not see her smiling. Her hair is also hiding her distinct eyebrows a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Kim still looking savage.
    When is this back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Kim still looking savage.
    When is this back

August 6th.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Found this stuff on you tube:

Chuck is definitely dead but there will be flash forwards and flash backs

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

My kids are watching Alvin and the Chipmunks here.
    I had to look up at the screen a few times when I heard the lead talk. It sounded exactly like Bob Odenkirk. But it wasn't him. Then I heard him again... looked again....not him.... WTF I heard him :confused:

Anyone else ever come accross this fella before? Jason Lee

It seems I am not the only one to think they might be separated at birth

https://www.slantmagazine.com/film/review/alvin-and-the-chipmunks-chipwrecked

https://twitter.com/chris_e_simpson/status/647982263439749123?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

My
    Anyone else ever come accross this fella before? Jason Lee
    Not a big comedy fan then? :pac:

*My Name is Earl

Not a big comedy fan then? :pac:

*My Name is Earl

"Do good things and good things happen....

Do bad things and bad things happen...."

That motto would fit in well with Breaking Bad.

Jason Lee is huge long time actor loved him in the Kevin Smith movies

• Registered Users Posts: 86,522 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I bet that is the final one can't see it going for much longer then 5 seasons.
    Breaking Bad stopped at 5 as well.

I bet that is the final one can't see it going for much longer then 5 seasons.
    Breaking Bad stopped at 5 as well.

I love how things seem so much clearer to me after the pub :pac::pac::pac::pac:

anyway, Rhea was talking in your video above and she makes reference to flashbacks and flash forwards. I'm very taken by the character development and I think using the right interventions, it would be possible to get quite a few episodes out of :

Gus's history - what we know is interesting, but there's so much more, even looking back to BB and I'm sure I remember Mike saying something like "they can go back to Chile, but that's it"

Kim - THAT's a series all on its own, her past and her future - does she go back to HHM? or Schweikart and Coakley (okay, spelling). Or somewhere in the mid west to marry a mechanic.

Nacho - Dad, Crazy 8, certainly a few episodes in there (anyone remember seeing the shop with the "crazy 8" sticker in the window?)

/

so when and how do you get fed up with a story???

For me, well after BB, I started watching Narcos etc, and its frightening how close to reality some of BB and BCS is. And yet... perhaps we don't know the half of it.

Excuse the rambling, but this is the best TV I've ever watched and it certainly deserves a lot of analysis of the characters and story line - and that's from someone who has to go back multiple times to catch all the detail (with no guarantee of success, let me add!)

BTW, I also got the impression that Rhea and Bob are the actors that all the others pay attention to when they speak. Might be some sort of bias from me showing where my sympathies lie.

I love how things seem so much clearer to me after the pub :pac::pac::pac::pac:

anyway, Rhea was talking in your video above and she makes reference to flashbacks and flash forwards. I'm very taken by the character development and I think using the right interventions, it would be possible to get quite a few episodes

I think this it the secret of the show and the actors manage to seem like they are not acting, which is a great compliment to them I suppose.

They are just portrayed as ordinary people, being dragged into 'out of the ordinary' situations.

Somehow they manage to make it seem real and believable.

There are never bits in it that are unintentionally hilarious like a big budget film like 'American Assassin'. Or a series like 'House of Cards' where they eventually got thier pacing all wrong, unbelievable story lines mixed with extremely poor dialogue and wooden acting.

BCS manages to keep it simple, yet add in little subtle complexities.
    It's a great mix the character development is crucial to it.

Well with about a week to go, I'm sure we're all on tenterhooks. Its almost a given at this stage that the first episode will be fantastic. I'm also looking forward to the commentary on here, where I can read about details I missed and then whole new vistas open up for me.

Should be great!!!

Hoping they don't drag out the Chuck situation but I'm guessing they will have it last a couple of episodes got a weird question how often were Mike and Gus together in the same scene in Breaking Bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

Has anyone done a rewatch of the first few seasons yet? Normally I would ahead of a new season but this year have been catching up with GOT.

The pace is slow and I'm worried if I go back to it I'd get bored with it, as much as I loved it at the time.

when it comes out will it be dripfed or will they just drop it all at once?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,275 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

when it comes out will it be dripfed or will they just drop it all at once?

It will be an episode a week because it's not made by Netflix themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Haven't seen it mentioned alot, but the last time we saw present day Jimmy (Gene) he had just fainted at work.
    We've seen before how he was reluctant to use an emergency exit in case he had to encounter police. If he has been taken to the hospital it could have huge ramifications if they try to identify him.

Rhea Seehorn mentions flashforwards plural in an interview, maybe we are going to see more of Gene this year?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It will be an episode a week because it's not made by Netflix themselves.

I prefer this method. If the whole season was available in one go, I'd be tempted to binge. By doing that, my attention starts to wander and I can and do miss critical small items. While this wouldn't cause a problem, it can affect my understanding of the context in which something might be happening - see a previous post of mine about Mike finding a body.

But to be completely honest, I love the drama and the anticipation (like the big kid I am) and I think the many sub-plots lend themselves to that.

Watched "Lantern" again, and I am now wondering why they chose to write Chuck out of it. As we all know, there's a reason for EVERYTHING that happens. Perhaps, without the big brother there to act as a brake, the Saul transition will be made easier. On the other hand, surely Chuck was the very one who was doing everything in his power to keep Jimmy from getting into the profession 'through the back door'.

Advertisement