Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Chuck was Jimmy's anchor he was the one to bitch and moan but always got Jimmy out of a jam I can see one last heist now that will along with the demise of Chuck finally be the end of James McGill and the birth of Saul Goodman

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Sneak preview:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Sneak preview:

Called it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Apologies if this has been asked already, but what time is it being dropped?

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked already, but what time is it being dropped?

From looking at this:

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/better-call-saul-season-4-netflix-release-schedule-uk-us/

It seems it will be out on netflix on tuesday mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

From looking at this:

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/better-call-saul-season-4-netflix-release-schedule-uk-us/

It seems it will be out on netflix on tuesday mornings.

Ah bollox....I was looking forward t watching this later....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Ah bollox....I was looking forward t watching this later....:(

It airs on a network in the US and then we get it here on the Tuesday morning. Has been that way since the start.

It airs on a network in the US and then we get it here on the Tuesday morning. Has been that way since the start.

I know, I forgot....had seen so many "August 6th" airing dates I had it ingrained in my head that it was airing today/tonight on Netflix. Just disappointed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60,643 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On Netflix now.

On Netflix now.

Wait, what? The whole season has been released?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Wait, what? The whole season has been released?!

Just the first episode ..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Release dates are on wiki for the first 5, there is 1 per week so far (previously there might have been a gap of a week)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

Few thoughts (4 relatively standalone stories this week):
    Jimmy - very much in shock from Chuck's death. Interesting now as the writers could take this a few different directions depending on how they want him to grieve.

Gene - a very sinister episode. The noose is tightening on him. Loved how this segment was shot, felt very claustrophobic. I don't think we'll see more flashbacks this season. Every season they've used one flashback at the very start and that's been it. I think they have to figure out the Saul to Gene story and I'm fine with that - the Jimmy story is more interesting

Nacho - Seeing that he doesn't make it to BB I think we've all assumed he is doomed. It's a measure of how formidable a character that Gus is that I fully expected him to catch Nacho, and it seemed like he has.

Mike - The most fun segment (not much competition) but one that felt a bit out of character for Mike. A bit brash. Maybe it's because we know Madrigal is a very sinister operation that it felt so reckless to be carrying on that way.

Watched it earlier this morning, very strong season debut IMO, plenty to think about there. I'd actually say the pace has been upped significantly already from previous series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

a lot of action between characters going on, mike was fun to watch and kinda see what way he gets shaped into being in BB
    also imagine there will be clash with him between lidya as we all know there was something he never trusted/liked about her in BB.

Nacho prob most interesting new character introduced since s1 but again we can guess he wont make it, given how deep hes in.

fallout between Kim and Jimmy will be interesting to see, which think will mark total end, to jimmys character.

the future flashback was most interesting so far
    dont know why the taxi guy held up, but rather would doubt that Gilligan would continue into the future series of post BB, given rights are for netflix and doubt they have much leverage to put any plot twist on entire BB, thus might just be isolated to Saul, which is a bit sad but something in me thinks its to preserve the masterpiece they created, and not milk it for any future profits that might ruin show in any way.

The flash forward was great -suspense bulid up, think it's finished then more tension.
    We learn that Mike is an Ali fan (Mike the character used to box didn't he - so nice touch that they got a boxing reference in)
    The bit where Jimmy starts whistling - does that mean he feels like he is off the hook a bit for Chucks death, and Howard is the main cause?
    The Madrigal bit was slightly unbeliveable Mike was able to walk around.
    And not one person asked who he was and still managed to get people to take orders!

That drink Jimmy and Kim were drinking always foreshadows that something bad is going to happen in the BB/BCS universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

You can already tell a part of Jimmy's soul died with Chuck, the ending when he knew Howard wasn't at fault for Chuck's suicide but let him take the blame anyway was cold.

Anyone else think that the two guys having the Ali vs. Bruce Lee convo were a corporate version of Badger and Skinny Pete :D

It actually reminded me of The Office (original version) where the IT guy & Gareth were discussing whether Bruce Lee was really dead or just gone undercover to fight drug dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

This week on BCS: foreshadowing and nothing else

The Madrigal thing depends on how big the business is, even if its around 100-200 bodies there is no way you can interact like that with people and not be asked who the hell you are.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Bambi wrote: »
    The Madrigal thing depends on how big the business is, even if its around 100-200 bodies there is no way you can interact like that with people and not be asked who the hell you are.
    From what I've read elsewhere, yes you can if the security is slack. And it can't have escaped people's notice that the show made a point about it, with Mike berating them for precisely how crap their security was - it's not the show was unaware.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

wow what an episode. im seeing soprano like references no idea how to spoiler so will comment in a few days a masterpiece directing wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ixoy wrote: »
    From what I've read elsewhere, yes you can if the security is slack. And it can't have escaped people's notice that the show made a point about it, with Mike berating them for precisely how crap their security was - it's not the show was unaware.

It's not even a security thing it's just a people thing, I worked in a good few warehouses back when I was younger, if some randomer was wandering around the racks or using the vehicles I would have noticed and said something because we all knew everybody to see at the very least. Same now with offices, no matter how much staff turnover there is if you're wandering around our area and we don't know you then discussion will occur and questions will be asked

You need to be on a real big campus to get away with Mikes wheeze

It's not even a security thing it's just a people thing, I worked in a good few warehouses back when I was younger, if some randomer was wandering around the racks or using the vehicles I would have noticed and said something because we all knew everybody to see at the very least. Same now with offices, no matter how much staff turnover there is if you're wandering around our area and we don't know you then discussion will occur and questions will be asked

Half way through the montage I assumed he was known except under an alias.
    But then we are expected to believe that about 10 lads in a warehouse would jump to attention, when some random bald fella they have never seen before gives them health and safety advice!

scamalert wrote: »
    a lot of action between characters going on, mike was fun to watch and kinda see what way he gets shaped into being in BB
    also imagine there will be clash with him between lidya as we all know there was something he never trusted/liked about her in BB.

Nacho prob most interesting new character introduced since s1 but again we can guess he wont make it, given how deep hes in.

fallout between Kim and Jimmy will be interesting to see, which think will mark total end, to jimmys character.

the future flashback was most interesting so far
    dont know why the taxi guy held up, but rather would doubt that Gilligan would continue into the future series of post BB, given rights are for netflix and doubt they have much leverage to put any plot twist on entire BB, thus might just be isolated to Saul, which is a bit sad but something in me thinks its to preserve the masterpiece they created, and not milk it for any future profits that might ruin show in any way.

The taxi stopped because he knew who he was. The air freshener said albequerque, where breaking bad was set. He must have recognised him from his countless criminal lawyer ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

You’d be surprised what you can do with a hi vis on :pac:

Mike had a prop for each scene and got more has he went on. The people in the office and warehouse just presumed a level of security that obviously wasn’t great

The taxi scene had to be linked to Albuquerque from the air freshener

They’ll probably make a fortune selling them now along with the colllege jumper he was wearing!

Watched it earlier this morning, very strong season debut IMO, plenty to think about there. I'd actually say the pace has been upped significantly already from previous series.

This was misleading :pac:

Pace is the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I used to work in a factory and while it's true that everyone knew everyone, there would definitely be occasions where you'd see someone you didn't know walking around, either checking things or otherwise looking official. You generally stayed out of their way and carried on because chances are they were someone much higher up the hierarchy than you who wouldn't normally be on the factory floor, or they were otherwise someone who was permitted to be there and had gone through the necessary security checks etc.

Nobody could just walk in. If someone you didn't know was there, chances are there was a reason for them being there, so you generally paid no attention to them and carried on with your work.

In the show (and Breaking Bad), Madrigal is a global company working in many different industries and with numerous branches worldwide. Everyone would know everyone in their own departments and general area (eg. warehouse staff might recognise office staff even if they don't personally know them), but it wouldn't be outside of the norm for someone they don't know or recognise to be walking around the warehouse, as it'd be assumed they passed the required security clearances and had a reason to be there.

Anyway, I thought it was a great episode. Looking forward to seeing where things go with Nacho and Fring especially. Hard to know what way Jimmy's story is going to go.

I don't fully understand what happened at the end. Jimmy blatantly changed his mood when Howard confesses his sins. Was his entire mourning an act? Why reveal the act to those two? This could have been an intentional kick in the teeth to Howard, but to Kim too? Doesn't make sense to me.

I don't fully understand what happened at the end. Jimmy blatantly changed his mood when Howard confesses his sins. Was his entire mourning an act? Why reveal the act to those two? This could have been an intentional kick in the teeth to Howard, but to Kim too? Doesn't make sense to me.

I took from it that Jimmy was feeling guilty.
    He thought by him telling the insurance company about Chucks mental illness caused Chuck to go over the edge.

But, when Howard mentioned the malpractice insurance Jimmy was all ears, then realised Howard was the final cause that sent Chuck over the edge.
    Jimmy was unburdened from the guilt and was delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I don't fully understand what happened at the end.
    I thought he might have thought Howard was blaming him in a sneaky way, almost sarcastically. Howard was being overly adamant that it was absolutely nothing to with the trial.

Then he talks about the insurance rise which of course was a direct result of the trial and Jimmy showing him up (or at least partly).

So to me it did seem Howard came in and was sneakily saying Jimmy caused him to top himself, and I think Jimmy knew this was sort of making fun of Howard and his crocodile tears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If you have enough authority and catch people doing wrong you would get that response.
    I worked in a huge warehouse once when younger too and there were always badged people I didn't know moving around.
    It was assumed that they had cleared security and had a right/or purpose to be there.

I think we are coming to the end of Kim. It is obvious her heart is no longer in it.

Advertisement