Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Solid opener, really enjoyed it.
    That taxi scene was great, it's really closing in on him in the post BB timeline - I hope we eventually see more of these toward the end of the season/series - but did someone mention there is a rights issue ?

Anyway - people are saying Gus knows what Nacho did and Nacho is done for because of this - why ? Nacho did Gus a favour, he is no fan of Hector.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Oh my God how I have missed that.

1. I think we have seen the internal struggle with Jimmy. He was up ealy checking the classifieds. His brother died. He was blaming himself. Two or three days of introspection. What way was he going to go. Was he going to reform his life to pay homage to his brother?

2. Then Howard came in and let him off the hook and gave Jimmy a way out. He immediately perks up and goes back to feeding his goldfish.

3. I love the way that Mike cant just take the money without having "earned" it so he breaks into his employer. His back story just gets better and better. Not only is it plausible but many security consultants do just that. It is always the human element that is the weakest.There are plenty of stories of security consultants walking into banks and going to offices at lunchtime to find passwords on post its to log into terminals. https://www.accenture.com/ie-en/insight-perspectives-banking-myth-of-cyber-security

4. The acting. Others might call it slow but every shot was beautifully put together and the actors were allowed to breathe and express themsleves. It is up there with the Sopranos for pacing for me.

Welcome back. How I have missed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Welcome back. How I have missed you.

My only regret was not saving it for a binge.
    So sad not being able to click on another one straight away. :(

This is probably a few days too late.
    I found this recap of seasons 1-3 by members of the cast (aka: Kim, Jimmy, Nacho, Gus, Howard)

Kim looks absolutely stunning in that vid!!

My only regret was not saving it for a binge.
    So sad not being able to click on another one straight away. :(

Yeah I promised myself to let at least 5 build up .... pffft yeah right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Some great insight from different viewers seeing show in different way, everyone seems to add a small detail.

anyone catch a glimpse when he was sitting beside Chuck's house and looking at power line box, the numbers wonder were they the same by any chance as his social in the opening, not much meaning guess but might re-watch it.

Anyway entire show has been a slow burner and depends how this season ends, but ive mentioned that probably there will be very limited return to post BB as Gilligan probably owns most rights to the show, and netflix only can reveal so much as not to spoil BB itself.

As for him not caring to much about Chucks death think whoever said he couldn't live up to Howard or Chuck seems spot on, might just say probably he became Saul once chuck in court called him a joke, and brushed everything he done for him over the years as him being useless - was probably last straw he had left for Chuck.

Isn't Vince Gilligan involved in this show ?
    And Netflix don't own the rights, it's still an AMC show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kim looks absolutely stunning in that vid!!

She does in fairness.
    But besides that they all seem like very likeable people not very "superstar-ish".

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I like the Howard mannerisms I remember when he climbed over Chucks garden and was fixing his suit and shoes.
    You are right about Howard though there is a streak to him at times.

When Kim paid Howard back her loan for law school, Howard seemed upset that he would not have something over her any more.

Yeah! hahaha, I got mileage out of that when telling someone there's no excuse for your tie not being straight..

I'm not so sure about Howard though, I always thought he was a nice guy, keen to be SEEN to do the right thing, and also carried out Chuck's orders even though he was painting himself in a bad light. I seem to recall (or imagine) that Howard would have given Jimmy a real job , only for nasty ol' Chuck. Which is why I've always had a soft spot for Jimmy. He really wanted to be accepted into 'normal' successful life.

We're now (apparently) seeing the transformation from Jimmy to Saul. I know he's been given enough reason, with Chuck saying those terrible things to him at the end of the last series and all the other stuff, but..... I would have thought the change would have involved a lot more soul-searching. And, he wants to do the right thing by Kim, so he's definitely not doing that at the moment. It all seems a bit too quick. I think maybe there's something else going on here. Though , to be brutally honest with myself, that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

As for Gene's seeming predicament at the hospital, I remarked to someone that surely the small fortune he paid for the new identity would sort of suggest a foolproof new identity. The taxi journey was well done, the ABQ thing hanging off the mirror. Perhaps the taxi driver was a previous client, as I'd think Gene wouldn't really trigger a memory just from the ads. I wonder could the DEA be after Saul?

Enjoyed Mike's journey around the warehouse. On numerous occasions I have entered buildings with a toolbox, a smile and "how's it going, I know the way" and no questions asked. Of course, it only worked a few times, and only in fairly insignificant places. And it was in the seventies, so you really only got a shakedown going into nightclubs! (and of course the girlfriend's handbag would be checked for firebombs).

Enjoyed the restart, and will re-watch it over the weekend to properly scrutinise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Anyway - people are saying Gus knows what Nacho did and Nacho is done for because of this - why ? Nacho did Gus a favour, he is no fan of Hector.

In BB, Mike tells Jesse that Gus likes him because of his loyalty to Walt. Even though Gus may have it in for a certain person, he still expects and respects loyalty to that person from his associates. On the flip side a show of disloyalty like Nacho's would show Gus he is not to be trusted to have around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

Collie D wrote: »
    In BB, Mike tells Jesse that Gus likes him because of his loyalty to Walt. Even though Gus may have it in for a certain person, he still expects and respects loyalty to that person from his associates. On the flip side a show of disloyalty like Nacho's would show Gus he is not to be trusted to have around.

Also people will suspect Gus to be involved if something happens to Hector. Hence not wanting Mike to shoot him. Tuco and the cousins are fairly blunt instruments that could come after him if they thought he orchestrated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Anyone else trying to decide whether to drip feed and watch an episode per week, or wait a while and then binge watch! Decisions decisions

FFred wrote: »
    Anyone else trying to decide whether to drip feed and watch an episode per week, or wait a while and then binge watch! Decisions decisions

There's so much going in in the show, that I feel you need the week between each episode to digest it and really enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I think part of the, if not the main reason for Gus being annoyed at Nacho is that Gus wants to be the one who ultimately kills Hector as his revenge for Hector killing his original partner. It’s deeply personal and significant for him. He could do it at any time, but wants to save it for when it’s just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Melodeon

There's so much going in in the show, that I feel you need the week between each episode to digest it and really enjoy it.

Exactly!

This is my major gripe with the current fashion for releasing an entire season of a show at once: within 24 hours 90%+ of all discussion (real-world or online) will be about the finale.
    The previous 10 or 12 hours or whatever of story lines, and character and plot development, might as well have never happened.
    At least in the real world you can tell others where you are in the series and thus mostly avoid spoilers, but you certainly daren't go near any online discussion until you've completed the whole thing, by which time interest and discussion has mostly petered out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm predicting more death this season. Marco and Chuck dying are massive parts of what is leading Jimmy to becoming Saul but something tells me someone will pick up on what investigation Chuck was carrying out on Jimmy I'd guess Howard has been left a box by Chuck the usual open this upon my death type situation which will create a ****show of epic proportions for Jimmy.

I am looking forward to what happens next to Mike too as I would have to guess Gus has people on the ground to watch for strange stuff going on I think Mike will have to earn his way to where we see him in Breaking Bad and I can't wait to see how that unfolds

I found this recap of seasons 1-3 by members of the cast (aka: Kim, Jimmy, Nacho, Gus, Howard)

Jaysus Americans can be awfully annoying sometimes

She does in fairness.
    But besides that they all seem like very likeable people not very "superstar-ish".

Sound as a pound

It's available on Netflix tomorrow(tuesday) correct ?

It's available on Netflix tomorrow(tuesday) correct ?

Yup. I'm not sure exactly what time it goes live but last week i watched it around 7am so it's early enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It's hella slow but at this stage it's probably a blessing in disguise the longer they drag the sh!t out of this :D Quality on TV seems to be dipping lately, and I'd take an 8 minute Mike Security Pro montage any day over most dramas on offer.

Solid opener. Was gonna try wait and binge, but no chance.

Whilst I appreciate all the arguments about waiting and letting the previous episode sink in, I'd prefer more than one a week - maybe 2 would be ideal, like 1 on a Tuesday and another on say Friday?

As someone much more used to boxset/binge watching than 1 per week, the time between each episode is a little annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Whilst I appreciate all the arguments about waiting and letting the previous episode sink in, I'd prefer more than one a week - maybe 2 would be ideal, like 1 on a Tuesday and another on say Friday?

As someone much more used to boxset/binge watching than 1 per week, the time between each episode is a little annoying.

I am the opposite myself. Normally I would only watch two episodes in a row max.
    I suppose I am old school feels more like a regular event can disscuss it and look forward to it.
    Like in the days before On Demand and any sort of internet.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I need a leak for this the suspense is horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

I would have been happy to carry on living without knowing that's what Nacho actually sounds/talks like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I do find this show extremely slow but I'm okay with that - I love the way they nod to Breaking Bad in so many ways - laying the tracks to people\places\plot points that are paid off in BB years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Jaysus, Gus going full Darth Vader there at the end.

Jimmy unraveling in a big way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,719 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great episode some ending! I really love the universe that Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul exist in! Still hoping for a Badger & Skinny Pete spin off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

I love when Gus has his little frenzied violent episodes. They're so rare, but such a treat to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

great ending,
    not sure how nacho explains guy dead thou, seeing he is at the dead end of the road now.

Mike will get hired as PI full time as Gus sees his skills- some sort family for life taken care of deal probably.

Jimmy kim seemed out of the roles not sure whats with making clowns of the guys in print shop and kim going at howard, also letter still remains guess that might be the clever to break em confused.png

overall slow going but hospital scene with brothers saying speak was LOL :D

Advertisement