Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Tell them to start with BCS! What a rare creature they would be. They'd have no idea what a fall from grace or rise into criminality that Jimmy is destined for.

Yeah if it was completely finished maybe...but not a couple of episodes into S4.

I also wonder if there was no BB, how many people would honestly have given up on BCS by Season 3 as it's very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Yeah if it was completely finished maybe...but not a couple of episodes into S4.

I also wonder if there was no BB, how many people would honestly have given up on BCS by Season 3 as it's very slow.
    without BB entire story would be different and show most likely wouldn't exist, not the way its developed now anyway.

Im interested thou will this be the last season, as nacho and kim will have to be out of picture, nacho being first it would make for a drooling series where there's jimmy and kim story if they continued, on that path, unless netflix some how gets green light to do full future season episode to make closure on BB, which is doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

I'm just going to throw this out there.....

Who says that Kim "has to be" written out before next season? What is the reasoning for this line of thinking?

Could she not remain in the picture in terms of Jimmy's/Saul's personal life but not in his business life? I mean, there was absolutely no reference or mention of Saul's personal life in Breaking Bad, so there's no reason or evidence to say that Kim wasn't in it.

She could just as easily have married Jimmy as broken up with him. While she may have her suspicions about his methods or disapproved of them (and we've seen glimpses of this so far e.g. her reluctance to open up the law office with him, his methods of dealing with the Mace Verdi case etc.), she could have just kept their business and personal lives separate because of this.

There was also plenty of characters in either show that weren't even mentioned in the other one, she could easily be one of those.

Now. Let ye wreck your heads thinking about that for the weekend! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

scamalert wrote: »
    Im interested thou will this be the last season, as nacho and kim will have to be out of picture, nacho being first it would make for a drooling series where there's jimmy and kim story if they continued, on that path, unless netflix some how gets green light to do full future season episode to make closure on BB, which is doubtful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul
    The 10-episode fourth season started airing August 6, 2018; the show has been renewed for a fifth season.

No way this would have been the last season. Not sure why nacho or kim leaving would make much of an impact. You say the "will have to be", not sure where that is coming from.

They can easily go on with "Gene" after, a whole post BB thing. But also there is no law saying they cannot actually continue into the BB timeline either, it does not just have to be before or after. Saul was not in it all that much. In BB there are probably numerous little stories mentioned which could be developed. These could even be done as flashback scenes or something.

I will use spoilers now as this is info I got on sites which can reveal future info.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul_(season_4)
    Cast and characters
    Yet to appear

Lavell Crawford as Huell Babineaux, a professional pickpocket hired by Jimmy.[23]
    Rex Linn as Kevin Wachtell, the CEO of Mesa Verde and one of Kim's clients.[24]
    Cara Pifko as Paige Novak, the senior counsel of Mesa Verde and one of Kim's clients.[24]
    Joe DeRosa as Dr. Caldera, a veterinarian who serves as Mike's liaison to the criminal underworld.[24]
    Tony Dalton as *********Lalo***********[13]
    Stefan Kapičić

When Saul Goodman is captured by Walter White and Jesse Pinkman and taken to the desert, Saul assumes that it is Lalo who has abducted him and starts begging for his life, blaming Ignacio for what happened, swearing he's always been friends with the cartel. After realizing Walter and Jesse's confusion, he realizes he had mistaken them for Lalo and sighs in relief

There might be a reference to this character in Saul's initial appearance on Breaking Bad. When Saul is held at gunpoint by Walt and Jesse, Saul (mistakenly thinking that people sent by a person named Lalo are holding him at gunpoint) says "it wasn't me, it was Ignacio."
    Since the name Nacho is short for Ignacio, it might be possible Saul talks about the same person. Peter Gould has hinted this is the same person.

Finally, Michael Mando is a cast regular but only wound up being in four of the 10 episodes, and really briefly in one of those. Did you initially have bigger plans for Nacho this year, or was it a case of wanting to have the actor under contract because you knew you would need him later?

Peter Gould: Both things are true. This is part and parcel with what I was talking about earlier. We thought Jimmy would become Saul way faster. We pictured that he would be doing business with Nacho much earlier in the season. What we found was Jimmy wasn’t ready. It was tough on us, because we love Michael and love what he did with Nacho. He brings such an intelligence and focus to Nacho in season 1. I really don’t think you can take your eyes off him. But having said that, we definitely have big plans for Nacho.

Well, we know his name is Ignacio, and that’s a name Saul drops in his very first appearance in this universe.

Peter Gould: You’re so right. We’ve laid down our marker that these guys are going to have more to do with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

BandMember wrote: »

Who says that Kim "has to be" written out before next season? What is the reasoning for this line of thinking?

Could she not remain in the picture in terms of Jimmy's/Saul's personal life but not in his business life? I mean, there was absolutely no reference or mention of Saul's personal life in Breaking Bad, so there's no reason or evidence to say that Kim wasn't in it.

She could just as easily have married Jimmy as broken up with him. While she may have her suspicions about his methods or disapproved of them (and we've seen glimpses of this so far e.g. her reluctance to open up the law office with him, his methods of dealing with the Mace Verdi case etc.), she could have just kept their business and personal lives separate because of this.

There was also plenty of characters in either show that weren't even mentioned in the other one, she could easily be one of those.

Since Gene in the flash forwards / current day stuff is watching tapes of the Saul Goodman ads, rather than looking at pictures of him and Kim. He mustn't miss her too terribly if he looks back more fondly on Saul Goodman days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Well I never watched that show...but I might now. ;)

I assume homeboy in the picture also wrote and produced the show? :pac:

I never thought was this but Kevin James (the guy in the photo) was an executive producer :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Im all for seeing post BB events and like the show but at the same time its so slow going that makes it really hard to watch.

As my comment that it might be over was because in BB first appearance of Saul when his secretary leaves after they close, he makes comment about giving her a lift :D before taken into RW, so id imagine kim has to be distant past for him to drop that low.

im all for having Nacho somehow survive as he is the one of more interesting characters, i know someone posted he was not up to role, but he definitely has talent for his character, but seeing last episode not sure how he pulls out of it alive.

scamalert wrote: »
    but seeing last episode not sure how he pulls out of it alive.
    Maybe his hoover broke down ;)

rubadub wrote: »
    Maybe his hoover broke down ;)

Nice one, hoover guy still has to come into play, for that extra emergency exit, also knowing hes not cheap maybe Gus lets him off easy to setup his own operation to make cash, before Tuco comes back into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think Kim would be his final shred of humanity gone but death isn't really required Kim knows Jimmy is a con man she knows the debts to his depravity but given her ties to HHM and her moral compass when not if she finds out even part of what Jimmy did to Chuck it will have her turn on Jimmy. Losing Kim but her still being alive would be worse than her death. The connection they share is broad spectrum but she will always respect and value the law over that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

I think it's very interesting that Gene is watching the Saul adverts.
    I think we can divide his life into "Jimmy" and "Saul".

If he is looking back fondly on that part of his life, it might be the case that something awful happened with himself and Kim in the end and he doesn't want to look back on the Jimmy days.

Just showing Gene watching the videos is such a clever way of making us think about these things. Other shows would bang us over the head with it. I love how they tell the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I personally prefer:

Wendy.JPG

Is that Wendy the prostitute from BB ?

There was a bit, he referenced ladies from Thailand and the Czech republic like he was a single guy and had a taste for those ladies ... but you're right, not direct evidence of Kims absense - but can't see her in the BB timeline or after - don't think she will die though, she probably will get some great offer in New York or somewhere far off - outside BB universe ;) - at least I hope so, she doesn't deserve any badness.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There was a bit, he referenced ladies from Thailand and the Czech republic like he was a single guy and had a taste for those ladies ... but you're right, not direct evidence of Kims absense - but can't see her in the BB timeline or after - don't think she will die though, she probably will get some great offer in New York or somewhere far off - outside BB universe ;) - at least I hope so, she doesn't deserve any badness.

Could Jimmy/Saul be on his way to Kim (in her new life) after Breaking Bad?

i see a whole new series! :)

Yep, I thought everyone knows its wendy/windy

There was a bit, he referenced ladies from Thailand and the Czech republic like he was a single guy and had a taste for those ladies ... but you're right, not direct evidence of Kims absense
    They might not follow every single thing he said in BB. I wonder if they have contradicted any stuff he said yet. I also wonder if the writers are now kicking themselves about some throwaway lines/stories for Saul in BB which they now have to try to stick to.

In "the big bang theory" the character sheldon would be talking about his youth all the time, but pretty sure they do not always follow those "facts" on the prequel show "young sheldon", but as its a comedy they can get away with it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That just blew my mind...you might be onto something there! My mind is racing now: like what if he's on his way to her BUT it's to kill her or something dark because of whatever it is that caused them to not be involved anymore?

The past few days I've been playing with the idea that Kim turns out to be the bad guy in their relationship and that 'breaks' Jimmy and causes him to go full Saul. We expect it to be him crossing a line and her walking away but what if it's the other way? Sleeping with Howard or something is too melodramatic and beneath the show, but something in that direction. It'd be tragic and powerful for us to know that Saul never needed to exist and that Jimmy could've been a happy, decent human but the people around him that were supposed to have his back let him down so he just said "**** it..." and gave into his worst instincts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

That would be a great way to round of the series where Jimmy finds Kim and they live happily ever after (under new identities) :D
    I do think there is a great chemistry between them but I get the impression Jimmy thinks he is not good enough for Kim, but Kim really loves Jimmy just look how she attacked Howard in Las weeks episode!

That would be a great way to round of the series where Jimmy finds Kim and they live happily ever after (under new identities) :D

Viktor and Gisele St. Clair.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Well now! Things escalated quickly there eh.

Really starting to tie everything together and we can start to see everything suddenly pan out, and Breaking Bad all of a sudden seems right around the corner.

Wonder did Gayle ever mention how long we was working solo for Fring in BB?

Kim coming to the realisation that she has "outgrown" Jimmy was touching. The scale of the Mesa Verda operation hit home, and I guess she knew at that moment she has to cut Jimmy out.

That being his last tie to the "good side" would mean he can fall head first into the dark side.

I kinda can't wait for it all to be over so I can watch it and BB back to back, but at the same time I hope they drag the arse out of it for another season or 2 :pac:

It's really picking up this year that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Chucks letter to Jimmy was unexpected! In it, Chuck says he is proud that Jimmy will carry on the family name. I wonder is this another reason for the change to Saul?

FFS lads - spoilers!! :rolleyes:

Some of us haven't had the chance to catch up on this week's episode yet, but we all hope to rectify that situation shortly..... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Great episode.
    Possible spoilers below.

That ending.
    Kim tearing up and Jimmy/Saul not giving a ****.
    Was really affecting. Reminds me of personal sibling stuff I have with a sister.

The thing is he can write a nice letter but he never expressed that or showed it once to Jimmy.

She's gone.

Couple of things.
    That great scene with Kim looking at the models. Reminded me of the film Music of Chance. Mirrored the symbolic figurine storyline nicely.

One more thing: were audio books a thing back then. The Steven Covey audiobook. I have that, ha.
    Incredible episode imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

FFS lads - spoilers!! :rolleyes:

Some of us haven't had the chance to catch up on this week's episode yet, but we all hope to rectify that situation shortly..... ;)

So ummmm don’t read the thread til after you do?

So ummmm don’t read the thread til after you do?

It's grand, it was meant in jest - just didn't come across that well.... :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

I don't think that's what the letter said.

1. Jimmy made it up as he read it out ... (on the fence on this one)
    2. Kim rewrote that letter herself ... (most likely)

Just my thoughts ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Saw it mentioned elsewhere as I didn't pick up on it myself but the guy Saul used was a guy called Ira, he owned Vamonos Pest, the company in breaking bad that Walt etc used as a front and where Todd came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Haha, I love the crazy theories on Reddit. I see some people saying that Kim ends up being Wendy in BB

what an episode, loved how they disguised the dead guy, nacho in some deep crap,
    sort of expected for mike to say no to the deal as hes in the money now so wouldn't take silly risks.

Kim was the best at Vesa merde when looking down on models it felt sort of like she was in a church or smth after chuck was mentioned. Jimmy took it without any emotion which is odd as words written would been probably all the ones he used to tell chuck
    . Definitely step up from previous seasons in action an intensity.Show that keeps on giving like how someone identified who was the guy to help jimmy, as before seeing the figure thought it will be Hugo :D

The bit where Mike refused the job was that because there was no real reason to it -' Did the guy do you some wrong?'
    The way I took it Mike could see Jimmy was going through a crisis because of his brother dying 'sorry about your brother' etc.

Or am I reading too much into it?
    Also the letter part - did Jimmy ever tell Kim what Chuck said to him in thier final conversation?
    I doubt he did because Kim would not have reacted like she did.

The best part of this episode for me was the opening scene. I had no clue what was going on initially and gradually copped on. Very well done it was like a visual jigsaw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

The on screen relationship reminds me of that Sitcom King of Queens

tumblr_l5tnh9Whqm1qzteeco1_500.jpg

It requires a certain suspension of disbelief.

Have you seen Kevin James’ real wife?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Dem Boots :eek:

Advertisement