Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Does that short bit of a tune after the initial opening sequence count as a "theme tune" I am a bit disappointed by it barely gives you time to get to your seat!

There's an extended version too I believe, I thought the pilot was longer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

[/B][/I]

Jimmy (aka Saul) and Chuck both refer to "Mom" in the opening sequence. Also Jimmy says "OK I get that I have been the worst brother ever."

Ya it all became very clear what the relationship is after that opening sequence. Enjoyed this episode more than the first two it will be interesting to see if Jimmy can use the fact he knows about the money to his advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Ya it all became very clear what the relationship is after that opening sequence. Enjoyed this episode more than the first two it will be interesting to see if Jimmy can use the fact he knows about the money to his advantage.

Well, it might move him out of the Salon! I think this could be the start of his rise to the top :pac: With many hilarious setbacks on the way, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Mike's couldn't give a shit face - gets me every time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Hope the plotline with the Kettlesons doesn't continue for too long, while the plotpoint about the money itself isn't bad the characters of the family themselves aren't particularly interesting. On the plus side we're starting to get more details & clues about Mike's background & how it ties into the criminal underworld. Notice how almost immediately after Jimmy mentioned Nacho's name Mike decided to drop the charges. Really hope we get to learn more about what really happened when he was a cop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Anyone know what a Chicago Sunroof is?!:pac:

Urban Dictionary were quick off the mark, but seem as clueless as everyone else!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Chicago+sunroof&defid=8109076

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Urban Dictionary were quick off the mark, but seem as clueless as everyone else!

Anyone know what a Chicago Sunroof is?!

sticking your bare ass through someone's sunroof??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Custardpi wrote: »
    Hope the plotline with the Kettlesons doesn't continue for too long, while the plotpoint about the money itself isn't bad the characters of the family themselves aren't particularly interesting. On the plus side we're starting to get more details & clues about Mike's background & how it ties into the criminal underworld. Notice how almost immediately after Jimmy mentioned Nacho's name Mike decided to drop the charges. Really hope we get to learn more about what really happened when he was a cop.

still going with your theory :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

still going with your theory :confused:

Not sure how that post relates to any "theory" since I haven't advanced any hypothesis, just some observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

What on earth was Jimmy bang up for at the start in the flash back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

Start watching this last night watched three episodes and didn't turn away once it was great I love the way old characters are mixed in it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭squonk

How did you get Sexual Offences? He's a sleazebag bug it seems a stretch. I didn't hear it being said outright.

Good episode but I thought ti was a bit slow. It's my least favourite of the episodes so far. Not a heap happened really I thought. Still quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

squonk wrote: »
    How did you get Sexual Offences? He's a sleazebag bug it seems a stretch. I didn't hear it being said outright.

Good episode but I thought ti was a bit slow. It's my least favourite of the episodes so far. Not a heap happened really I thought. Still quality though.

His brother mentioned it could be added to the charges. He didn't mean kiddie fiddling - it just meant public exposure / act of indecency whatever. The actual offence might be mooning or pissing in the park but it looks bad on a charge sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Melodeon

squonk wrote: »
    His brother tells him he faces "being labelled a sex offender".
    Saul/Jimmy 'explains' it was a simple Chicago Sunroof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Finally caught up with this last night. I'm loving it so far. I nearly fainted from laughing so much at the
    "Here's Johnny!" scene at the tent, then that gif brought it all back!
    . It has been moving at a nice pace, it's good to see that Saul/Jimmy was once an ordinary ambulance chaser/public defender just working the system and trying to keep his head above water, and was not always the sleazy, "criminal" lawyer that we all knew and loved from Breaking Bad.

Saul was up there with my favourite characters from Breaking Bad (along with Mike), so when I heard about this, I was giddy with anticipation. Then when I saw Mike, I was delighted. Mike is just such a boss, and Jonathan Banks just brings such brilliant grounded-ness to the character.

But if this proves anything, it proves that Odenkirk is more than capable of being a central character and this will be his time to shine.

Also, the opening case he took in the opening episode with the three teenagers. That is one of the best scenes of black comedy in any series ever.

I cannot wait to see where this series ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

christ we are loving this, week long wait is killer though and one episode goes by so fast!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Cagney & Lacey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Did anybody else notice the Sopranos reference from Mike?

"Everyone thought he was dead in the Jersey Pine Barrens".

Did anybody else notice the Sopranos reference from Mike?

"Everyone thought he was dead in the Jersey Pine Barrens".

You might be reading a little too much into it...bit like me saying "I thought the prick was in the mountains". Every city has an unofficial graveyard.
    But if James Gandolfini were still with us, we'd have a mash-up to ...ehhh...die for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Can you imagine Christopher, Paulie Walnuts, Mike and Saul lost in the woods with an interior decorator after them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Can you imagine Christopher, Paulie Walnuts, Mike and Saul lost in the woods with an interior decorator after them :D

I actually watched the episode "Pine Barrens" last night. There are so many scenes where I just absolutely crack up laughing.

For me, the finest moment is when Paulie's phone cuts out (once again) and he just completely loses his sh*t: 'MOTHERF*CKING C*CKSUCKER!'

I scream laughing at that scene every time.

I can already see Paulie and Mike arguing about the size of hole you need to fit the recently deceased into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I actually watched the episode "Pine Barrens" last night. There are so many scenes where I just absolutely crack up laughing.

For me, the finest moment is when Paulie's phone cuts out (once again) and he just completely loses his sh*t: 'MOTHERF*CKING C*CKSUCKER!'

I scream laughing at that scene every time.

And when Paulie loses his shoe :D:D:D:D:D

it could just be the greatest Sopranos ep of all time ...

Paulie and Walt stuck in the desert with no engine to speak of. BB would have ended mid season one with Paulie chomping down on a Waltburger.
    The Continuing Adventures of Paulie Walnuts is a show that needs to be done.

For giggles here's Paulie on surf bums...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

the_monkey wrote: »
    And when Paulie loses his shoe :D:D:D:D:D

it could just be the greatest Sopranos ep of all time ...

The bit where they find an old van and start eating ketchup from the sachets is ****ing hilarious, Paulie says "its not bad try mixing it with the relish" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Paulie and Walt stuck in the desert with no engine to speak of. BB would have ended mid season one with Paulie chomping down on a Waltburger.
    The Continuing Adventures of Paulie Walnuts is a show that needs to be done.

For giggles here's Paulie on surf bums...

That old guy acts as stevie van zandts brother in Lilyhammer, which is a great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That old guy acts as stevie van zandts brother in Lilyhammer, which is a great show!

That old guy? :confused:

He was one of the main characters in the Sopranos, as was Steve van Zandt.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Birneybau wrote: »
    That old guy? :confused:

He was one of the main characters in the Sopranos, as was Steve van Zandt.

Yeah the older guy. Lilyhammer is basically sopranos lite set in norway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

So do we know yet what the deal with the older brother is?
    Obviously he's sick in some way but seems to be blissfully unaware of his situation and expects/hopes to get better. He also seems unaware of Jimmy's situation and seems to think everything is hunky dory.

Whatever the issue is Jimmy/Saul doesn't seem to want to fill him in on the big picture. I guess this back story will get teased out over future episodes but just checking that I didn't miss anything obvious.

The impression I get is that Charlie has had some kind of breakdown and Jimmy is trying to keep things together for him while also spending any penny he has on Charlie.

I'm also still confused on putting the cellphone, keys etc into the mailbox and not carrying them into the house. What's that about? :confused:

Still, after a slow enough pilot the last two episodes have picked up nicely with the "Hello Johnny" moment being the highlight so far. :D

Advertisement