Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kevwoody wrote: »
    I wonder if Madrigal are using Mesa Verde to launder money or some other illegal venture, it would explain the rapid expansion plans of the bank.
    Maybe Kim stumbles upon it?

They seem to be making Mesa Verde less likable when Paige said 'We are not a client you hang up on' it had an edge to it.

Maybe I am reading too much into it?

There is a good summary here about the Mesa Verde in BCS.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Mesa_Verde_Bank_and_Trust

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I was over on reddit and some fella has a theory

Speculation only , but I'll put a spoiler tag anyway
    That the whole German crew will be offed as once Kai goes the rest will need to go !! :eek: at first I thought ridicolous but ****ing hell, that would be one major WTF moment, and a real moment for Mike to Break Bad - he is still not as much as a hard ass as he is in BB .... thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

That the whole German crew will be offed as once Kai goes the rest will need to go !! :eek: at first I thought ridicolous but ****ing hell, that would be one major WTF moment, and a real moment for Mike to Break Bad - he is still not as much as a hard ass as he is in BB .... thoughts ?

Dont think so. Mike doesn't really break bad. He wouldn't even take the little boy statue job from Jimmy cos it meant robbing an innocent person. Mike actually has a line / morals.
    I cant believe he'd wipe out an entire workforce just because one goes rogue.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I wouldn't rule out any type of theory with this show.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Dont think so. Mike doesn't really break bad. He wouldn't even take the little boy statue job from Jimmy cos it meant robbing an innocent person. Mike actually has a line / morals.

Good point actually, like he wouldn't off his 9 guys in BB ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It is an interesting theory. I mean how else will they explain it/hide it - if that happens?

Going purely from memory here but wasn't the Laundry in a more built up part of town that the shots the other day indicated. I'm going on the shot with Gus and Linda earlier in BCS (season 1 Finale from memory) and obviously BB, but there appeared (again from memory) to be adjoining buildings to it and not out in the desert as this appeared to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Going purely from memory here but wasn't the Laundry in a more built up part of town that the shots the other day indicated. I'm going on the shot with Gus and Linda earlier in BCS (season 1 Finale from memory) and obviously BB, but there appeared (again from memory) to be adjoining buildings to it and not out in the desert as this appeared to be.

That wasn’t the laundry. That was where the German lads were staying.

Yes it's in a built up area, the place the workers are is not the same place - guess they'll be blindfolded and bussed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭De Bhál

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108069822&postcount=2914

this post explains what's going on there.

I assumed they were living in the same building they were working in. I need to listen better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Good point actually, like he wouldn't off his 9 guys in BB ..

Spot on. Had forgotten about that!

That wasn’t the laundry. That was where the German lads were staying.

That was my point......they're separate buildings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Nerdlingr wrote: »

Remember he was going to kill WW in cold blood before Walter gave Gales address to Jessie.
    At some point I thunk he will cross the line. Although you could argue he crossed that years ago when he was a dirty cop.

He didn't go with Saul's statue plan cos it was chump change in comparison with Gus' plan. Plus Saul was involved and he knows Saul's is inherently dodgy and a bit shifty. He couldn't control the job.
    WW had the same flaw but by then Mike was in too deep... his family were also under threat and he lost his son already because of his collusion with the dodgy cop dealings, he can't loose more family.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,396 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Remember he was going to kill WW in cold blood before Walter gave Gales address to Jessie.
    At some point I thunk he will cross the line. Although you could argue he crossed that years ago when he was a dirty cop.

He didn't go with Saul's statue plan cos it was chump change in comparison with Gus' plan. Plus Saul was involved and he knows Saul's is inherently dodgy and a bit shifty. He couldn't control the job.
    WW had the same flaw but by then Mike was in too deep... his family were also under threat and he lost his son already because of his collusion with the dodgy cop dealings, he can't loose more family.

Thought about that but ww had just murdered two of gus' men so could argue was different.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I sense bad things in store for Kai.

Hydrofluoric acid/barrel treatment for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Don't think so.... That was a Heisenberg/WW special treat...

Sneak Preview: season four episode seven.
    There is a lot of life in Hector again :D

I think the whole hydrofluoric acid treatment for corpse disposal was disproven by Mythbusters.. It would probably make bullets disappear depending on what they're made of, but organic stuff, not so much. It would probably destroy the bath that came through the ceiling in Jessie's place alright.

Sneak Preview: season four episode seven.
    There is a lot of life in Hector again :D

:D:D Hector likes the Mamitas

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Don't think so.... That was a Heisenberg/WW special treat...
    TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I think the whole hydrofluoric acid treatment for corpse disposal was disproven by Mythbusters.. It would probably make bullets disappear depending on what they're made of, but organic stuff, not so much. It would probably destroy the bath that came through the ceiling in Jessie's place alright.

Ah, I was joking, really. Just came into mind once Kai stayed behind the bar and started ignoring Mike. There are a few articles out there if you search FBI, cartel and barrels. And one with the FBI cringing, apparently.
    https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/testimony/drug-trafficking-violence-in-mexico-implications-for-the-united-states

We cringe at news stories detailing the arrest of a “pozolero” (stew-maker), a killer who disposes of his victims’ body parts in barrels of acid, or the discovery of a mass grave containing the remains of countless victims decomposing under a layer of lime. But these and other gruesome tactics are not new. What is both new and disturbing are the sustained efforts of Mexican DTOs to use violence as a tool to undermine public support for the government’s counter-drug efforts. Traffickers have made a concerted effort to send a public message through their bloody campaign of violence. They now often resort to leaving the beheaded and mutilated bodies of their tortured victims out for public display with the intent of intimidating government officials and the public alike.

Extended preview promo of Season 4 Episode 7:

Absolutely great episode. Far too early to put up any more info, but I'll just say that it's a very Jimmy/Kim heavy episode. Really great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Absolutely great episode. Far too early to put up any more info, but I'll just say that it's a very Jimmy/Kim heavy episode. Really great stuff.

yes, really good episode. getting better week by week

yes, really good episode. getting better week by week

They did the Kim and Jimmy Schism well.
    It might have been a touch over-egged for emphasis.

I could not help noticing how the colour wheel was very evident in this episode.
    It really gave an indicator what the characters were thinking or feeling, by the colour of thier clothes or items.
    180?cb=20130823031512

color-meanings-2017-why-color-meaning-impacts-your-marketing-salva-orenick.png

I loved how Gus changed his mind about Hector's treatment when he realised he was starting to enjoy himself.
    You could see him thinking that is far enough.
    He must stay suffering etc.
    Chopping off that finger would have been a good idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I wonder will we finally see Jimmy adopt the Saul Goodman persona at the end of this series?
    It is a bit daft that 4 series into the prequel he's still Jimmy McGill.

3 episodes left in this season and the Jimmy/Kim car crash (excuse the metaphor) could not be more signposted. Will that be the trigger for Jimmy to finally ditch being Jimmy and become full-on Saul?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

She was in the car and I was all like Don't Crash Again! Don't Crash Again!

:D:D Hector likes the Mamitas

Yeah, he may be paraplegic, but he still knows what he likes... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

God, what a boring episode. Will they ever hurry up and push the story on a bit quicker? We get it; Gus is going to build his lab, and enjoy taking revenge on Salamanca; Jimmy is going to eventually become a scumbag lawyer, and break up with Kim. Is that it now? What about some new storylines that we don't know the ending to? And where the hell is Nacho??? Seriously bored with this show, and that makes me angry, because I loved the first couple of years, but even season 3 was a bit of a drag. I think they are trying to prolong Jimmy's descent, and it's dragging too much now. I'm starting to really dislike Jimmy and Kim. Hurry up, and make him Saul already. Get some new characters and storylines going.

• Advertisement

If you didn't enjoy that episode then I think you should give up buddy. That was a great episode with a masterclass of acting.

You are essentially complaining that you know what's going to happen. It's an origin story.

What were you expecting?

Advertisement