Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescom 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bioware is announcing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

The media will be pressuring Valve for a statement on Source 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The media will be pressuring Valve for a statement on Source 2

Is anyone from Valve going to be there?

As for the show itself, I'm hoping Media Molecule and Guerrilla Games announce their new games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Nintendo are there but not having a conference?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Nintendo are there but not having a conference?

They were at E3 and didn't have a conference either.

:pac:

Yeah, no announced digital event or anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Other than MGSV and some Mortal Kombat X reveals, not sure what to expect. Hopefully some surprises. Actually, hopefully a release date for GTAV on PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I think sony are going t show off there horror game until dawn as its being teased recently. More bloodbourne would be nice aswell alongside.

I do not really care for spmore mgs showing since I know i will be buying the game anyways and would not want anything ruined on me.

Actually, I'd love to see more of Gearbox's new Battleborn game too. Really enjoyed the trailer for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Activision is re-launching the Sierra brand at Gamescom.
    See Sierra.com for what little was announced.

If you don't know who Sierra are they are/were a publishing house with a...varied history ranging from Phantasmagoria to the Quest series (Kings Quest, Police Quest and em.....Space Quest) to most noticeably of all Half-Life.

Check out their Wiki page and you'll see why it could be a big thing.

They are currently owned by Activision so this could either be a great new beginning, or a chance to watch another classic gaming brand burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Ravenid wrote: »
    Activision is re-launching the Sierra brand at Gamescom.
    See Sierra.com for what little was announced.

If you don't know who Sierra are they are/were a publishing house with a...varied history ranging from Phantasmagoria to the Quest series (Kings Quest, Police Quest and em.....Space Quest) to most noticeably of all Half-Life.

Check out their Wiki page and you'll see why it could be a big thing.

They are currently owned by Activision so this could either be a great new beginning, or a chance to watch another classic gaming brand burn.

Could they publish Half Life 3? *strokes beard*

• Advertisement

There was supposed to be a big announcement regarding Sierra at Gamescom but my money is on another Spyro game instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Could they publish Half Life 3? *strokes beard*
    At retail? Maybe. Valve partnered with EA for Half Life 2 after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The team that did Remember me, DontNod announced a new episodic title called Life is strange. http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/11/5990851/life-is-strange-dontnod-entertainment-ps4-ps3-xbox-one-360-pc

This has a time mechanic, I hope they use it a bit more than the memory remix bits in Remember me, they were the best part of the game!!!!

It would make sense.

Activision want to re-launch Sierra with the least amount of cost, Valve want to launch HL3 but want Steam to be the main point of sale while keeping Gamestop and the like happy for one last generation.

Have Sierra be the Publisher for the physical copies (really Activision but they put the cash back into setting Sierra up properly.)
    This keeps the bricks and mortar crowd happy.
    Majority will buy via Steam (Money straight into Gabes pockets)

The main opponents for Steam (Origin owned by EA and uPlay owned by Ubisoft) are left in the cold.

Winners all round.

God Dammit I wasn't even thinking HL3 and now this. I hate you for this....

Sony have released a few teasers ahead of their gamescom appearance.

Looks like Until Dawn is going to be a big part of the show at least...

Has MS mentioned if there will be any Quantum Break gameplay shown?

QB is one of the few things I saw since the new Gen started that actually made me sit up and take notice.

Everything else has been either crossover (Last Gen and this gen) or has just been off for me. (MGS5 looks like Snake got lost and ended up in Red Dead Redemption.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Give me Media Molecule game please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Planetside 2 + Borderlands 2 + NBA2K14 = COD:AW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Ravenid wrote: »
    Planetside 2 + Borderlands 2 + NBA2K14 = COD:AW

Don't know how you came up with that odd fusion. None of those games are anything like how it looks.

Titanfall + Battlefield (Levolution and Battlebacks) + Generic COD = COD:AW.

• Advertisement

COD:AW - Designed by 13 year olds, for 13 year olds

Honestly though, at first I actually thought it looked pretty cool. But I doubt I'd ever be as frustrated playing a game as I would with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

cloud493 wrote: »

COD is 'levolving'! :P Not really. Still though, looks decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Seems like every year they try to make it faster and more chaotic than the last... ultimately making a worse, more frustrating game. They really need to go back to basics.. CoD2/4 were not overly fast games and for the most part weren't full of complete garbage mechanics... thats why they were loved.

Looks exactly like how i'd expect a 2014 CoD game to look.... terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

cloud493 wrote: »

Looks fun :) would rather another world war 1 or 2 game though

From the call of duty thing
    Activision today announced the Day Zero Edition of the game, which you get for a pre-order at no extra cost.

Shops will deliver and sell the Day Zero Edition a day early, so it'll either turn up on Monday 3rd November, or you can walk into a shop then and buy it. The game officially launches on Tuesday 4th November.

You may even be able to pick up the Day Zero Edition on the Monday if you haven't pre-ordered. Activision said stock is limited, but if a shop has it to sell, then it'll be on sale.

The Day Zero Edition is available on all platforms - that is, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One - and includes special content. There are two new, custom weapons as well as the previously announced Advanced Arsenal incentive. You'll also get double XP during the 24 hours before launch.

Reminds me of Spinal Tap. It goes all the way to 11.

Why not just change the official release date to 3rd November?

Impulse buyers? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Just looks like Titanfall minus the Titans.

If I can get it for a decent price, even if I do a good trade in, get it for below €55, then I'l be in. I was really disappointed after buying ghosts first on PS3, then trading it in for PS4 version to find it actually ran worse. So we'll see.

• Advertisement

So will there also be a day 0 patch?

Don't think I'll watch any of the 3 conferences. And not just because I'll be at work for 2 of them

Advertisement