Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescom 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Well that looks more like unreal tournament than cod . To much going on and it's all gimmicks by the looks of it.

Give me a shooter like cod 4 please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Laz0rs!

Won't be going near that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Hope to god Konami give a release date for MGS V. I can then start saving for a PS4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

CptMackey wrote: »
    Well that looks more like unreal tournament than cod . To much going on and it's all gimmicks by the looks of it.

Give me a shooter like cod 4 please

Would love to see Treyarch do a WW2 game next year, stripped back without too many gimmicks and unnecessary customisations. COD 4 was far and away the best COD game I have played, the balance was near perfect. I feel like I need a degree in COD these days to learn all the fec**ng perks, customisations and kill streaks. Advanced Warfare is going to bring a whole new meaning to Halo jumping :pac:

Hopefully we will see something good with Quantum Break this week!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You know there's a bit of a pattern :D: Quake/UT - COD 2 - Faster COD gameplay - - COD:AW - UT4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Looking forward to this now.

As usual I'll be interested to hear what xbox have to say. Did they have a conference last year?

But focus will be on Sony where I hope they give us some good vita news (Memory card price cut and multiple accounts)

Other than that Bloodborne gameplay looks like a certainty and hopefully whatever Media Molecule or Guerrilla are working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

tok9 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this now.

As usual I'll be interested to hear what xbox have to say. Did they have a conference last year?

But focus will be on Sony where I hope they give us some good vita news (Memory card price cut and multiple accounts)

Other than that Bloodborne gameplay looks like a certainty and hopefully whatever Media Molecule or Guerrilla are working on.

I want better control of the kids sub accounts, is that too much to ask?

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Don't know how you came up with that odd fusion. None of those games are anything like how it looks.

Titanfall + Battlefield (Levolution and Battlebacks) + Generic COD = COD:AW.

Futuristic Infantry Combat with Exo Suits and Jet packs...Planetside 2. (Hell the user was even in NC colours..)

Random Loot boxes = Borderlands 2

Game mode where you have to dunk a round object into the enemies basket..NBA2K14

You cant call 1 level with a wavepool Levolution though. But I'll accept Titanfall as a replacement for PS2.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,226 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think I can afford the amount of controllers I would go through playing that CoD game. Looks like it could be a lot of fun but I think I'll be sticking with Destiny for my FPS fix until Halo MSC/5 come out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Funnily enough, as COD starts to approach "arena shooter" ala Quake and UT before, I become more interested. Destiny looks awfully boring so I'll be giving that a big fat pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Arena shooter ? Are you talking about AW here or ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Microsoft is on now at 1 so is anyone else watching it ?

What time is Sonys one on at ?.

I'll watch it. Sony is on at 6.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'll watch it. Sony is on at 6.

Crap i will be in work is there any app that might be showing it ?. Like will the IGN app be live streaming it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

I've had to mute the Xbox stream due to the painfully high cringe factor.

Not a particularly great start.. going through some legend players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Some of those ID@Xbox games look great

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Dear God do I want to play that game Cuphead. Most anticipated title on the console!

Superhot does look really cool and the space engineers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Wow I thought Team 17 bit the bullet years ago..

Its nuts now that the best games are indie games now as there the only ones who make different kinds of gameplay and take risks

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,226 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Shiminay wrote: »
    Funnily enough, as COD starts to approach "arena shooter" ala Quake and UT before, I become more interested. Destiny looks awfully boring so I'll be giving that a big fat pass.

Destiny was much closer to an Arena shooter than that CoD trailer looked from playing the Beta, which is why I'll be sticking with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Its nuts now that the best games are indie games now as there the only ones who make different kinds of gameplay and take risks

Tis the problem with the "we needs more gigabits for de grafix" mentality that seems to permeate large parts of the game developers, engineers and players. To market the likes of CoD, Last of Us and such at such fidelity you need a proven concept that will sell in the tens of millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

For all its explosions and chaos Call of Duty looks dull as he'll to play. Guns with almost zero recoil. Homing grenades. There looks like absolutely zero challenge to it. It's almost like a rhythm game. Pull a trigger when you see something on screen, it's almost impossible to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

I just can't get excited about Evolve. It reminds me of Titanfall. All the praise after E3 it was hot for about a month when it came out and slowly fizzed out.

Guess there's no price drop happening going by the price of that bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Mickeroo wrote: »

That's with a 1TB Hardrive though. The FIFA bundle is 400 with the game so price it for 500 gb unit still possible.

Mickeroo wrote: »

1TB is now in the XBOX one sounds ok to me as it a big upgrade form the 500GB one as you cant upgrade the HD like the PS4 so its not to bad

Rise of the tomb raider only to xbox one so might get a xbox one then

• Advertisement

Wow... TR exclusive to Xbox. Seems so odd.

Advertisement