Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescom 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Its crazy to think there is more games i won't for the xbox one then the PS4 as there seems to be notting coming out for it other then drive club.

Rise of the tomb raider
    Sunset overdrive
    halo master chief collection
    Quantum Break

Like on less sony pulls at some new games this evening i might just buy a xbox one for xmess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I was actually pretty disappointed with the gameplay shown for Quantum Break. Didn't look fun at all.

That said I won't write it off from that as it looked pretty interesting before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Its crazy to think there is more games i won't for the xbox one then the PS4 as there seems to be notting coming out for it other then drive club.

Rise of the tomb raider
    Sunset overdrive
    Quantum Break

Like on less sony pulls at some new games this evening i might just buy a xbox one for xmess

They are both late 2015 though, Sony have plenty next year but theres not much exclusive wise for this xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Rise of the tomb raider
    Sunset overdrive
    Quantum Break

cough cough ... Bloodborne

iMuse wrote: »
    They are both late 2015 though, Sony have plenty next year but theres not much exclusive wise for this xmas

Like i am a Sony Fan boy but other then the order 1866 and uncharted 4 what else is there ?.

As i know there is Bloodborne but its not for me as i am not a fan of dark souls and Demon's Souls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

what else is there ?

Planetside 2
    H1Z1
    Deep Down
    LittleBigPlanet 3
    Rime
    Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
    No Man's Sky
    Secret Ponchos
    SOMA
    Helldivers
    The Witness
    Velocity 2X

Guerrilla Games, Media Molecule and Studio Santa Monica each have games yet to announce too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Like i am a Sony Fan boy but other then the order 1866 and uncharted 4 what else is there ?.

As i know there is Bloodborne but its not for me as i am not a fan of dark souls and Demon's Souls

LittleBigPlanet 3.

Ori and the Blind Forest looks so good.

LittleBigPlanet 3.

Meh to plant side 2 played it on the PC there last year wasint a fan I know it's free to play but it's extramly day to win on it as there is people with all the fancy guns that you have to pay for and they complete over power you when your starting off.

With little big plant 3 I am like meh as I have all the little big plants include in the psp and vita one but I think there is so much better 2.5d / 2d platformers put there considering rayman lagens on the ps vita is maybe the best game I played of last year it had more fun playing that then the ps vita little big plant witch is the must complete one of them all as it does use what is good about the ps vita in the way it should be used

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

calex71 wrote: »
    Some of those ID@Xbox games look great

^^^ This. Impressed me at E3 and again here.

I still have no interest in buying an XBone but knowing that most of these games will probably see their way to the PC at some stage is something to really look forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Like Dead Rising, and RYSE, Quantum Break will come to PC and it was the only game that excited me during Microsoft's conference.

Sam Lake will be the next Gabe Newell. Legend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Meh to plant side 2 played it on the PC there last year wasint a fan I know it's free to play but it's extramly day to win on it as there is people with all the fancy guns that you have to pay for and they complete over power you when your starting off.

With little big plant 3 I am like meh as I have all the little big plants include in the psp and vita one but I think there is so much better 2.5d / 2d platformers put there considering rayman lagens on the ps vita is maybe the best game I played of last year it had more fun playing that then the ps vita little big plant witch is the must complete one of them all as it does use what is good about the ps vita in the way it should be used

You're playing the wrong levels then. There's nothing too great about the platforming in the story mode (if that's what you're basing it off), but there are some really great community levels.

Plus, 16 layers in LBP3.

Should be in here really.
    tok9 wrote: »
    Anyway on the conference the game that I enjoyed the most was Ori and the Blind Forest. I really love the look of that game.

The rest of the show (other than the announcement of TR exclusivity) was very much meh with only the indies looking pretty cool.

The biggest disappointment was with Quantum Break, this was probably due to the PR team saying the gameplay would leave us speechless which I honestly didn't think much of but man was it underwhelming.

Anyone else agree or am I being harsh on QB? The gameplay just seemed so easy and derivative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

tok9 wrote: »
    Should be in here really.

Anyone else agree or am I being harsh on QB? The gameplay just seemed so easy and derivative.
    50/50 really. While I found their choice of combat gameplay a little underwhelming in terms of the variety of time manipulation techniques on display and the drawn out nature of the primarily pistol-based gunplay, at the end of the day it's Remedy, they have an open ended 2015 release date and their tech is clearly in place. Bearing all of that in mind I'm still pretty excited about the game even if I'm hoping it's a late 2015 launch so there'll be more of a reason to own a XBox One on release. :o

gizmo wrote: »
    50/50 really. While I found their choice of combat gameplay a little underwhelming in terms of the variety of time manipulation techniques on display and the drawn out nature of the primarily pistol-based gunplay, at the end of the day it's Remedy, they have an open ended 2015 release date and their tech is clearly in place. Bearing all of that in mind I'm still pretty excited about the game even if I'm hoping it's a late 2015 launch so there'll be more of a reason to own a XBox One on release. :o

Am i the only one who sees the time bits in QB very like a game that came out in 2007 called time shift ?. As you could do a lot of what is done in QB in that game with all the time powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm stupidly disappointed by the tomb raider Xbox exclusivity :( wasn't a great show otherwise, although Halo and COD look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm stupidly disappointed by the tomb raider Xbox exclusivity :( wasn't a great show otherwise, although Halo and COD look great.

Any video's of Halo 5 multiplayer yet?

Or even campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Going by the wording of that statement on Tomb Raider exclusivity it sounds very much like a timed exclusive for Holiday 2015. Will surely come to PC and PS4 in 2016.

Not to worry though as there is bound to be an Assassin's Creed game for the PS4 in 2015.

Not to worry though as there is bound to be an Assassin's Creed game for the PS4 in 2015.

Uncharted 4 says Hello.... :-)

No there was some of Halo 2 on the MCC. Looks good.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    No there was some of Halo 2 on the MCC. Looks good.

Looked great at E3 also, still not enough to make me buy an Xbox one though, to play a game I played to death 9 years ago....

At least they are leaving the code as is, superbounces and all, as a Bungie Halo fan that makes happy.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Geometry Wars 3... :) (not sure if announced at gamescom or just announced in general).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-12-sierra-online-is-back-and-so-is-geometry-wars-and-kings-quest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

All I want from Gamescom is finally a release date for Metal Gear Solid 5. Since it is going to be at it.

MGS games are shown way too early. Always remember MGS4 first being shown at the Toyko Games Show in September 2005. It finally came out 2 years and 9 months later!

All I want from Gamescom is finally a release date for Metal Gear Solid 5. Since it is going to be at it.

MGS games are shown way too early. Always remember MGS4 first being shown at the Toyko Games Show in September 2005. It finally came out 2 years and 9 months later!

I deliberately didn't watch any E3 footage of MGS V, haven't seen much other than the end of Ground Zeroes and have now tried to stay away from all videos until I actually play it, it has proven tough so far, I don't know if I can hold out much longer... :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

New Rollercoaster Tycoon game for the PC.

Yuuuuussss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Any predictions on the Sony conference ? I'd say they'll want to announce/show something decent to kill any off any Tomb Raid buzz from MS's show.

• New Rollercoaster Tycoon game for the PC.

Yuuuuussss

The missus will be happy :)

• Hopefully a release date for Hotline Miami 2 is revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tomb Raider Day Zero Edition. The wording and timing avoids conflict with the MS contract.

• Advertisement

We'll almost certainly see more footage from destiny. Maybe a GTA 5 PS4 release date, with timed exclusive DLC?

Advertisement