Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross-border banking

Options
  • 11-08-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

I'm curently living in the North and will be starting a new job across the border, which will be paid in Euros and into a Southern account. All my bills, including rent etc., will be in Sterling, and I'll mostly be taking out Sterling at bank machines. Which is the best bank to go for? And any further advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If you genuinely expect to have few € expenses, I would look to contract for the sale of net € salary for a fixed amount of GBP for 3-6 months at a time to get some certainty. Over tine, withdrawing GBP from a € account would be expensive. Whoever you bank with in NI should be able to source you a commercial rate - consider also transfermate or currencyfair.

Advertisement