Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to transfer money from one BOI account to another

Options
  • 11-08-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭

Every month, I transfer my salary from my business acct to my personal current account.
    It normally takes up to 20 mins for the funds to show up in my current acct.

Not today! Over 2 hrs later I'm still waiting. The funds have dissapeared from one acct but havent shown up in the other.

How long will it take, and why does it take different amounts of time?

Thanks,
    dilallio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi dilallio

Thanks for your query today.

Some business sole traders can use Bank of Ireland 365 Online or Business Online to transfer funds. Can we ask which site you are using? 

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Hi Alison,
    I use Business OnLine

Hi dilallio

The length of time for payments can sometimes vary. Business Online aim to process payments as quickly as possible, apologies if the payment is taking longer to credit than expected.

We hope the payment is with your personal account shortly. If we can be of any further help today, please feel free to come back to us.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Hi Alison,
    With respect you are telling me what I already know and based on your response I have no idea if next month's transfer will be better or worse!

Let me put the question another way. Has BOI a service-level for the time it takes to transfer funds from a BOI Business Account to a personal account using Business Online? If there are any variables which impact the time, what are they so by understanding them, we can reduce this time as much as possible.

Thanks,
    John

Hi John

I can certainly understand it's frustrating waiting on the payment to arrive.

Can you PM us your full name and contact number? We would like to have one of our experts within Business Online with more knowledge of the payments made through this site call you. It might be best for them to have a closer look into this and see if there are alternatives or tips to help you.

Please be careful not to send account details in your PM.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Alison

• Advertisement
Advertisement