Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl in IFSC

Options
  • 11-08-2014 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a lidl in the IFSC region in Dublin? Or an aldi for that matter? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

The closest are:
    Aldi - East Wall Road.
    Lidl - Moore St.
    Aldi - Parnell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

There is a desperate need for a supermarket in the IFSC / docklands area.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lidl store finder: http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-3716A3E2-50C88141/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/2811.htm

Aldi store locator: https://www.aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/store-locator/
    JTMan wrote: »
    There is a desperate need for a supermarket in the IFSC / docklands area.
    Marks & Spencer?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

In fairness the M&S in the IFCS is a tad on the small side to be considered as a Supermarket. Fresh on Grand Canal Dock and the Centra and Spar within the IFSC are equivalents IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is a map I did last year. I presume the Lidl and Aldi on East Wall Road are open now.

318034.PNG

The red area is the Docklands development zone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Aldi on East Wall Rd. is very good, and LIDL just got approved recently for a development across the road from Aldi.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/commercial-property/lidl-for-east-wall-approved-1.1785548

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

There's a Fresh on the IFSC now, where Mayor Street's Mace used to be.
    But I don't consider Fresh or M&S valid supermarket options, they're handy to buy bread and the odd ingredient, but I wouldn't do my weekly shop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If you are up at the Connolly Station end of the IFSC, there is a Supervalu & a Tesco Express on Talbot St

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

yeah, M&S and Fresh are too niche and pricey for most people's weekly shopping budgets. Dunnes were due to open in the Point Village but cancelled their plans.

I think the basement of the CHQ would make a good outlet for one of the big supermarkets.

You're almost as best hopping on a Luas and using LIDL in Moore St or Tesco in Jervis for a proper weekly shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dunnes are still legally obliged to open at the Point when a certain number of other units are occupied. There are no other units occupied though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I would go insane, or starve, if I had to do all my shopping in Fresh. It's so expensive. Everything there seems to have an extra euro tacked on to a regular supermarket's price. M&S isn't much better. While it would add an extra 20 minutes and a few euro to the shopping trip, taking the Luas to Jervis would yield huge savings while offering a better range. I can't comment on the Lidl in East Wall but that might be worth the trip too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

LIDL's not in East Wall yet, but Aldi is - grand shop. Can't wait until we have the two across the road from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Replicate

spurious wrote: »
    LIDL's not in East Wall yet, but Aldi is - grand shop. Can't wait until we have the two across the road from each other.

Anyone with any more info on this? Got a note in the mail from a local councillor that it's delayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

SuperValu just outside the IFSC is yer only man! Go 5 mins further up the road and you have Dealz and Tesco across the road from each other on Talbot St! Dunnes a further 2-3 mins walk from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Replicate wrote: »
    Anyone with any more info on this? Got a note in the mail from a local councillor that it's delayed?

Definitely no work has started anyway.

I remember that a huge Dunnes was planned for the point vilaget, but that got scrapped?
    Ifsc rents are prob to high to justify a large supermarket.
    You'll only get convenience size there.
    As has been mentioned, Aldi on East Wall is fantastic

Advertisement