Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faulty Phone return rights

• 11-08-2014 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hello,

I was wondering what my rights would be regarding a phone with a faulty battery.
    I first purchased the phone in feb 2013, but after a few months the battery wouldn't hold a charge and would be dead within 4-6 hours of a full charge. I was still covered under manufacturer warranty so I was given a new phone as they were unable to repair it.

Now the same fault has occurred with new phone. I am still covered by manufacturer warranty and I'm sure it will be the same case of a new phone again.

My question is, can i refuse to accept a new phone and demand a different phone of equal value/specifications as this is a re-occurring fault?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Batteries would fall into the category of consumables so it's unlikely.

Off-topic alert:

I was thinking about this the other day and owing to the implied warranty on servicing and spare parts I do wonder if there is any mileage in items which have batteries in them that are not user serviceable? One would still have to pay for the battery itself but I wonder if an argument can be made that the labour should be free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I've had Dell replace 2 laptop batteries (different laptops) just under a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

dilallio wrote: »
    I've had Dell replace 2 laptop batteries (different laptops) just under a year.

Dell are well known for their awful batteries, under the manufacturers guarantee they might, although they used to pull the 'three month stunt' for batteries, it even used to be in their ads to be fair to them.

OP is asking about their rights, of course if you can sweet talk yourself a free battery or the manufacturer/retailer wants to supply good service I'm all for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭thom119

It's an iPhone, so i'm not sure I can swap the batteries without voiding the warranty

• Advertisement
Advertisement