Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric picnic tickets

Options
  • 11-08-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, Im from Waterford City currently living in London.

Im desperately trying to find an electric picnic weekend ticket as I have the flights and holidays booked from work but sadly still no ticket!

Have friends/family who can meet in Waterford/Dublin to collect the ticket if anybody knows anyone who might be able to help me out!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭TheFishingKid

Best chance might be having a look on done deal but they will be pricey! there going from 280-350 a ticket mostly in Dublin all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If your friends keep an eye on Toutless.com they might be able to pick up a cost-price ticket. Keep an eye on Facebook too, someone you know might have one spare due to plans changing. Also, enter every single competition going :)

If you don't fancy doing a lot of leg work to get a ticket, then the likes of DoneDeal would be the only place to get one quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Korma

Found 4 tickets for €800 on donedeal and have half committed to buying them tomorrow. Supposedly they're e-tickets with proof of receipt but obviously I'm slightly wary at such a good price. What do you guys think?

The risk with etickets is that there's nothing stopping them printing them out hundreds of times and selling them.

The ways of mitigating this risk is by doing things like arranging to meet at their house and gauge the situation there. Because these are e-tickets, they could just send you the .pdf by email but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask to meet in person, especially given the money involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I've been looking for a ticket since it sold out too, it's not looking good.

lesson learned!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if you're on Facebook, but put word out that you're looking for a ticket. If your friends know that you're looking for one then they'll have you in mind if their friends are selling tickets. The more people that know you're after one, the better chance you have of not getting ripped off on price.

Alternatively you can wait until the week of it and hope that the weather forecast is dodgy!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 funk junky

I've two for sale on deise buy and sell on facebook bud.wait en till the weekend and highest bid will take it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

funk junky wrote: »
    I've two for sale on deise buy and sell on facebook bud.wait en till the weekend and highest bid will take it

That's just scalping and despicable

old gregg wrote: »
    That's just scalping and despicable

What's despicable about it.I'm not asking for any amount if money for the tickets.nor were they purchased to sell on.

Me and the wife can no longer afford to go due to our house running over budget.

When I bought my house the person selling it accepted the highest offer.was that scalping or despicable ? No it wasn't. If I have a rare guitar and put it up for sale it it despicable to take the highest offer? No it's not.

So simply because what I'm now selling are tickets that's makes me despicable?

I have tickets to sell the best offer gets em simple as that the same as anything else I sell.

I'm not looked for 400 quid nor am I going to sell them at a lower price than which I'm offered . It's a simple auction. Didn't even put up a starting price.

I'm not buying many tickets and sellING them off to poor people who come to the festival hoping to find a ticket so I'm far from a scalper.

I do not appreciate your comment in the slightest.

If the highest bud is 180 or 300 they'll get the ticket .simple as

That's just bullcrap. Selling sold out concert tickets for face value is laudable. Selling them to the highest bidder is scalping and despicable. Comparing ticket scalping to selling a house or guitar is farcical. The OP is a fellow local, why not do the right thing and help them out at face value?

• Advertisement

That's just bullcrap. Selling sold out concert tickets for face value is laudable. Selling them to the highest bidder is scalping and despicable. Comparing ticket scalping to selling a house or guitar is farcical. The OP is a fellow local, why not do the right thing and help them out at face value?

Explain why it's laughable.explain why it's despicable.explain the difference between a ticket that's no longer available and a guitar that's no longer available. If someone is willing to pay more than face value than its value is higher. I wish I bought the house off yourself sure you would have sold it to me for the price you got it for back in the 30s.

Just coz it's a ticket makes zero difference.I'm putting them up for sale weeks in advance of the festival. Not putting anyone under pressure.did not put up a minimum price.just asked locals including mates what do you want to pay. It's an invite to treat.

Not bending anyone over a barrel and I re iterate if no one bids higher than cost they highest bidder wins.

So take your misplaced aggression and put it else ware. There is not a shop r person in the country selling goods at a price lower than people are willing to pay for the item. I haven't seen one cost price ticket up for sale online.

I guess we must be a country of bad eggs in your book? I'd love to be in your position to be able to sell things below the market value to hold moral high ground on boards. Sure your a great fella.

grow up

grow up

Have a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

I don't understand how what funk junky is doing is despicable at all.

Clearly there's a demand for these tickets, he has two he doesn't want anymore and he's selling them for what someone is willing to pay.

He's not listed them at twice face value or anything like that and he has said that he didn't buy them to sell on.

Think the reaction against him was completely uncalled for.

Out of pure nosiness I went on to Deise Buy and Sell and I couldn't see the tickets (not that I'm interested in going).

The only thing that might be questioned is that I don't think you can advertise items for sale on boards.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Indeed, scalping tickets is not allowed on Boards. Surprised a Mod has not stepped in.

But, selling a product for a profit is obviously what we all aim for. Selling concert/festival tickets for profit is just scalping and most people have a problem with that. Maybe it's just me here and that's cool. I've worked in the music industry for 30 years and scalpers are never applauded. Scalping tickets is still illegal in Ireland even though many do so but it's the likely reason boards.ie don't like it.

I've described what I see as a despicable behavior, not the person. I don't know the scalper so can't form that opinion. It seems the scalper is happy to throw a few toys out of the pram and make it personal. That's cool with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Indeed, scalping tickets is not allowed on Boards. Surprised a Mod has not stepped in.

But, selling a product for a profit is obviously what we all aim for. Selling concert/festival tickets for profit is just scalping and most people have a problem with that. Maybe it's just me here and that's cool. I've worked in the music industry for 30 years and scalpers are never applauded. Scalping tickets is still illegal in Ireland even though many do so but it's the likely reason boards.ie don't like it.

I've described what I see as a despicable behavior, not the person. I don't know the scalper so can't form that opinion. It seems the scalper is happy to throw a few toys out of the pram and make it personal. That's cool with me.

I agree with you - 3 things wrong - no tax or vat will be paid over on this transaction, using boards to advertise. While not saying this person falls into this category, ticket touts are an undesirable element of all sporting and public events - "Buying or selling" outside these events takes advantage of other people in an unfair market (sold out one off event - unlike the housing market). Online is the modern equivalent. Again only an opinion. I recall queuing to buy a ticket outside Croker a few years back for myself and my son - a guy came up to me and offered me 2 free as his mates couldn't attend - Quite a generous action.
    Sell the tickets to the first person to offer the original cost to you - you're not going anyway and not at any loss.

Exactly. It's the ethics of scalping/touting that I have a problem with. I sold my first house at a profit, I've sold guitars, my music, lots of stuff at a profit, etc, but am still old skool when it comes to making a profit out of concert tickets. Selling a house or guitar at a profit still leaves the buyer with a chance to redeem the price at a later stage. Scalping tickets at a profit just leaves them with a slightly sour taste regardless of how good the event is. I played the EP 3 times and hated that aspect of it all. If I'm doing a festival outside of Ireland I'll always ask for extra guest list tickets so I can give them away in the spirit of music. Face value or gtfo in my book.

Feel free to delete post of wished.I fail to see how I made anything more personal than was made in my direction.

I paid vat on the tickets and who pays tax on second items?Except houses and cars. This is how games top stays open

Someone was looking for tickets.I said I'm selling them via auction. The fairest way I could imagine. And may possibly end up the cheapest tickets going .

My apologies if I hurt anyone's feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

I'm with Old Gregg on this one. If you sell tickets above face value you are a ticket tout.

leduke wrote: »
    I'm with Old Gregg on this one. If you sell tickets above face value you are a ticket tout.

Well I'll be sure to let everyone know how much I get

• Advertisement

Well I'll be sure to let everyone know how much I get

There are two fellow local people on this thread looking for tickets at face value. Do the right thing or gtfo with your auction to the highest bidder.

There are two fellow local people on this thread looking for tickets at face value. Do the right thing or gtfo with your auction to the highest bidder.

I appreciate not using or implyin that language with me. And no I have absolutely zero moral qualms with an auction. Your opinion on right and wrong is your own

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I'm with funk junky on this. What he is doing is very different to a lout. And he is being very fair about it. And it is being really fair - if there is a shortage of tickets how does he decide who to sell them to, let the market decide.

Although I really don't understand people taking major insult to selling tickets at a profit.

Tickets for Electric Picnic went on sale in March and after the event sold out last year, it was always going to sell out this year. If you really wanted to go, there were five months to buy a ticket, at discounted prices and in installments if paying in one go was an issue. I went blue in the face telling my mates to get their tickets early this year and now many are complaining that it has sold out.

Touts who hoover up tickets for events that sell out before people even get a chance to log in to Ticketmaster are complete scum (think OneDirection or Garth Brooks). But I think a private seller who bought a single pair of tickets with every intention of going to the event, only for their circumstances to change has every right to charge whatever they want to buyers who had an entire five months to secure a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭hairway2Steven

Yep agreed, Hardly touting behaviour from FunkJunky... Im pretty sure he didn't buy the tickets to only sell them on? Who the f**k does that? (A tout)... Its just self righteousness to come on here and blast someone for doing what hes doing, it doesn't benefit anyones life on here to argue with FJ's morality, Except to boost ones public ego me thinks.. get a grip folks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭barry181091

Yeah have to agree with the way junky is doing it. The gov't doesn't care re: scalping. The reason it is illegal is because the profit amount is not subject to tax (VAT), not because it is unethical.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There is a ticket on sale on the Deise Buy and Sell for €300. Full weekend ticket.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/547192208627691/?fref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rachelito1

they were gifted them by the organisors, we just received 4 from them yesterday. You have to raise 500 per ticket but I'd rather raiser it and give it to a good cause than give it to the touts. My company made a match dontation so we really only raised 250 each. EP here we come :) thanks to Temple Street Children's Hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Someone was looking for tickets.I said I'm selling them via auction. The fairest way I could imagine. And may possibly end up the cheapest tickets going .

My apologies if I hurt anyone's feelings
    The fairesst way possible would be to sell them on Toutless.com for face value and all the agro being directed your way would disappear, as it stands you're auctioning off tickets to a sold out event that are pretty much guaranteed to sell over face value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

funk junky wrote:
    ... ... ...
    Yep, thats what I thought. :pac:

Advertisement