Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connolly to Irish Ferries terminal

• 11-08-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

On Friday I'll be arriving into Connolly at approx 7:45 for the 8:45 sailing from the Irish Ferrries terminal.

From what I'm reading I won't be able to use this bus. Have I an alternative bus or should I just resort to a taxi?

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭circular flexing

n97 mini wrote: »
    On Friday I'll be arriving into Connolly at approx 7:45 for the 8:45 sailing from the Irish Ferrries terminal.

From what I'm reading I won't be able to use this bus. Have I an alternative bus or should I just resort to a taxi?

TIA.

Why will you not be able to use the bus? It leaves Bus Aras at 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Why will you not be able to use the bus? It leaves Bus Aras at 8pm.
    I assume he's talking about the 8.45 AM fast ferry departure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Alun wrote: »
    I assume he's talking about the 8.45 AM fast ferry departure.

Yes, meant 8:45 not 20:45!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭cgcsb

the last stop on the luas red line leaves you about 2km from the terminal if you don't mind walking

cgcsb wrote: »
    the last stop on the luas red line leaves you about 2km from the terminal if you don't mind walking

Luas ends slightly short of half way and would mean a 40-45 min walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭thomasj

the 53 bus serves the ferryport. That leaves Talbot street at 8am

It stops at the busstop across from outside Connolly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OP from previous posts I'm guessing you're coming in the Maynooth line - why not get the 06:20 service from Maynooth. It'll get to Connolly for 07:01, which should leave you enough time to walk to Busaras for the 07:15 bus to the ferry terminal.

There are no other public transport options that will get you to the ferry terminal in time to meet the check-in deadline of 30 minutes prior to the sailing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Last check in for the 08.45 Swift is 08.15.
    The 08.00 53 would not get to the terminal by then, LUAS and walk certainly wouldn't. Taxi is your only option in that timeframe.

FYI the reason the 53B departs Busaras 1h30 before the Swift sailing is so that in the event of it being cancelled due to poor weather or fully booked there is enough time to put all passengers on the 08.05 Ulysees sailing.

If you choose to not use the connecting bus or otherwise arrive at the terminal later than 07.35 the option to change to the Ulysees sailing will most likely not be available.

Thanks all, I'll opt for taxi. The 8:00 53 is too close for comfort whereas a cab should have me there in plenty of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Taxi from Connolly to the Irish Ferries usually costs me around €12-15 and takes about 10-12 minutes (Saturday/Sunday mornings mind).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Polar101

Does the 7 am bus connection from Heuston only pick up at Heuston and Busaras, or can you get on between Heuston and Busaras?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Polar101 wrote: »
    Does the 7 am bus connection from Heuston only pick up at Heuston and Busaras, or can you get on between Heuston and Busaras?

You can only get on it at Heuston or Busaras. It does not stop anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

By the way, does the Swift stop sailing in winter, and if so when does it stop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Polar101

lxflyer wrote: »
    OP from previous posts I'm guessing you're coming in the Maynooth line - why not get the 06:20 service from Maynooth. It'll get to Connolly for 07:01, which should leave you enough time to walk to Busaras for the 07:15 bus to the ferry terminal.

I used this option last week - arrived to Connolly at 7:02, was at Busaras 7:09, bus arrived 7:18 and got to the port at 7:34. So that worked fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

By the way, does the Swift stop sailing in winter, and if so when does it stop?

No. It runs all year round.

It is weather dependent though so if there are more than moderate winds you would be advised to keep a close eye on the IF sailing updates page. Cancellations are quite frequent due to weather (for example it is not sailing today) and the bus connection for the 14.30 departure is also cancelled along with the sailing.

Arrived into Connolly around 7.40, took a taxi outside which was €12.65 for three people. Down at the terminal just before 8.

4 bus loads of foot passengers from what I could see. Rough headcount while waiting to exit in Holyhead of 160 to 180 on foot. Kind of annoying that car passengers got to disembark first.

Train was very full with plenty standing to Bangor and from there on the Super Voyager there were a few people that joined later that would have been standing all the way to London if the train manager hadn't advised them to change at Crewe onto a train 20 mins behind us.

Arrived into Euston at 15.39 after a fairly relaxing if busy journey.

Advertisement