Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hit me with a good bar

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭sean_0

cc87 wrote: »
    I suppose you could do something similar in a gym setting by doing a 1RM or 3RM test something like that so you have a reference then to what really fighting for the reps feels like.

Actually I find that up to a 5RM the reps in the tank idea works pretty well. When you get beyond that it gets a bit messy - hard to tell how many you have left, if you took an extra few breaths you might get one more etc etc.

Up to a 5RM you're going to be skirting around max effort, and if you're training around @9 pretty often you should be failing every now and then (though as infrequently as possible), just to reinforce what a 10 feels like, and to learn how to grind.

I'm convinced that just recording these numbers has helped me a lot in planning my training and spotting trends in my performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

sean_0 wrote: »
    I'm convinced that just recording these numbers has helped me a lot in planning my training and spotting trends in my performance.
    In way do you let the numbers influence your planning or sessions? Do you makes adjustments mid-session (auto-regulation?).

I'm pretty interested that kind of stuff. Any interest in a separate thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

http://www.wolverson-fitness.co.uk/Olympic-Bison-Bar_A1CS10.aspx

Would anyome have an opinion on this bar? Obviously the 7ft powerlifting version. Seems to have decent spec although its 29mm would that make a huge difference in grip ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Personally, I think 29mm is grand. It's only really the 30-32mm diameter bars that are useless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

DylanJM wrote: »
    Personally, I think 29mm is grand. It's only really the 30-32mm diameter bars that are useless.

I think I have that bar.

It's grand up until 200+kg and then it goes cray cray.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    I think I have that bar.

It's grabs up until 200+kg and then it goes cray cray.

You have the bison bar I linked ?

dor843088 wrote: »
    You have the bison bar I linked ?

I have a wolverson spec bar that cost around the same from d8. Not 100% sure if it's the same.

Hanley wrote: »
    I have a wolverson spec bar that cost around the same from d8. Not 100% sure if it's the same.

I take it you dont rate it very highly ? Is it 29mm?

dor843088 wrote: »
    I take it you dont rate it very highly ? Is it 29mm?

I don't know. I've like 10 bars. My hands aren't a measuring tape. And like I said - it's grand up to about 200kg and then it goes crazy. If you'r regularly squatting over 200kg, and assuming it's the same bar as the link, it's probably not the one for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

I think the bison bar that D8fitness had was the 28mm version, I'm not 100% certain though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement