Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rooftop Bars in Dublin

Options
  • 11-08-2014 2:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any good Rooftop Bars in Dublin city centre ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Not quite City Centre but the Marker Hotel has a very nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Feel like getting soaked? :D

There are kind of versions in Bar with no name on Fade Street, O'Neill's on Suffolk Street and, I should keep this to myself, in the Grand Social on Liffey Street.

All above mentioned covered in some shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Odessa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Fade St. Social have a nice roof top terrace that is usually fairly quiet as most people wouldn't even go in thinking it's just a restaurant?

As previously mentioned the Marker is probably best in Dublin but if it's in any way busy they won't let you up (Unless your a resident of course) and it's not cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

The Parnell Mooney has one as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Doesn't Fitzsimons have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Doesn't Fitzsimons have one?

Bring your wallet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    Bring your wallet :-)

Haven't been there in donkeys years but yeah it is Temple Bar after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

The Parnell Mooney is lovely since it got done up...and there is a rooftop bar, haven't been in it though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

I remember seeing a picture of a rooftop bar in Dublin that had a caravan on it.

Does anyone know where that is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Jumboman wrote: »
    I remember seeing a picture of a rooftop bar in Dublin that had a caravan on it.

The Morgan Hotel I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

It's The Morgan Hotel but I think the picture you saw is the penthouse terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Birneybau wrote: »
    I should keep this to myself, in the Grand Social on Liffey Street.
    Woah, keep it on the DL, you don't want the six people in Dublin who don't know about the Grand Social to get wind of this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

rhonin wrote: »
    It's The Morgan Hotel but I think the picture you saw is the penthouse terrace.

I was in the downstairs section of the Morgan bar. But I did not notice any upstairs section. Does the downstairs bar not connect on to the rooftop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I was in the downstairs section of the Morgan bar. But I did not notice any upstairs section. Does the downstairs bar not connect on to the rooftop ?

No, the roof terrace is only for Penthouse occupants afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Went to see Joseph with my mummy during the week and we ended up on the roof in the marker, with our little blankets... was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Woah, keep it on the DL, you don't want the six people in Dublin who don't know about the Grand Social to get wind of this.

Well, it can be quiet enough sometimes. Sorrreee! ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Bad bobs on Essex street in temple bar has a good roof bar

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Not quite City Centre but the Marker Hotel has a very nice one.

That's an amazing rooftop bar. When I win the lotto, that's where the party will be. Unless I win it in winter

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Marker Hotel really missed an opportunity with their rooftop bar. If they had designed it right, it could be all year round. But it's mainly open, with a small lean-to covered bar. Such a waste of potential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

There's one on the top of Floridita/which used to be Life - both now closed. Worked near it for 10 years and we only found it the last year (2013). Honestly thought my friends were joking when they said it - I mean Abbey St Lower - but was great. Some great summers up there. Not much use as closed, and you had to phone down to the bar for service but we had some great times.

Maybe a market niche?

Advertisement