Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Escape from Alcatraz Tri

Options
  • 11-08-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Anyone on here ever do this..

its on my list and thinkin of entering the lottery for next year..

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it's a bucket list race for me, having lived in the bay area for 6 years. i know a couple of lads that have done it. just because it is California don't assume warm water, nor cal has colder water than ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

mossym wrote: »
    it's a bucket list race for me, having lived in the bay area for 6 years. i know a couple of lads that have done it. just because it is California don't assume warm water, nor cal has colder water than ireland

Its freezing in that part of the world. SF itself has a very unique climate. Totally unlike anything else in California.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

ironclaw wrote: »
    Its freezing in that part of the world. SF itself has a very unique climate. Totally unlike anything else in California.

coldest winter i ever spent was a summer in san francisco

- /Mark Twain

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

crazy expensive for what is bascially an olympic race. over 400 dollars to enter....never mind everything else that goes with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

yea its pretty exp alright..

been out a few times and even did the tour.. Its kind of for personal reasons..I mainly just want to do the swim.. but seein as I'm a triathlete it seems like the thing to do..

cold doesn't bother me too much.. getting swept off course is the concern..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

shansey wrote: »
    yea its pretty exp alright..

been out a few times and even did the tour.. Its kind of for personal reasons..I mainly just want to do the swim.. but seein as I'm a triathlete it seems like the thing to do..

cold doesn't bother me too much.. getting swept off course is the concern..

There are a number of swim only events costing around €150 eg. sharkfest.

If the prupose of your trip was to do the swim then you may as well go for the Tri, make a day of it!

Advertisement