Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre rollout in Tullow

Options
  • 11-08-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

Just an FYI for those waiting on some decent broadband in and around Tullow town, Eircom have updated their map and the first set of their cabinets will go live the 28th of August.

14886146295_43235392ed_z.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Great news for those in Tullow.

My Nanny lives near Rathoe and can't even get broadband to begin with!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Rathoe is one of the Villages to be connected by the new roll-out but ETA is 2016

Villain wrote: »
    Rathoe is one of the Villages to be connected by the new roll-out but ETA is 2016

Oh wow...

When I said near I meant close... She lives in Kellistown West or as Google calls it... Unnamed road... :rolleyes:

Oh wow...

When I said near I meant close... She lives in Kellistown West or as Google calls it... Unnamed road... :rolleyes:

Too far for vDSL but DSL should work, although I suspect there are a lot of carrier lines around there.

Villain wrote: »
    Too far for vDSL but DSL should work, although I suspect there are a lot of carrier lines around there.

I haven't a clue what a carrier line is but when I type her number into Eircom it says something like ... We cannot determine broadband availability at this address.

• Advertisement

A carrier line is a shared line that can't be used for DSL, if she is connected to Rathoe exchange then no hope for a few years if she is connected to Ballon exchange then she may be able to get a new line and DSL.

There are few Wireless providers covering that area, Reach and Aptus are two I know of.

Advertisement