Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veho 360° Mode Retro Wireless Bluetooth Speaker for €39.99 Delivered on Groupon.ie

• 11-08-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

As the title says, Portable Bluetooth speaker delivered for €40 (sorry cant post links).

£95 on Amazon, only the one review tho (5 stars), It gets a "Pretty Good" review on You Tube at a pricey $180. 8 hours play back on battery.

Available for another 2 day (13/08/14) but does have limited stock.

Seems to be great value at this price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Just ordered one ,thanks op :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

garfie1d wrote: »
    As the title says, Portable Bluetooth speaker delivered for €40 (sorry cant post links).

£95 on Amazon, only the one review tho (5 stars), It gets a "Pretty Good" review on You Tube at a pricey $180. 8 hours play back on battery.

Available for another 2 day (13/08/14) but does have limited stock.

Seems to be great value at this price.

Showing at £45.37 on Amazon UK.

I was literally one mouse click away from buying this but realised at the last second I have no real use for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Don't need but do want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭garfie1d

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Showing at.

Must of dropped over night, it's still €17 cheaper.
    I've actually been wanting a Bose sound-link for a good while now (Bose stuff just never seem to drop in price) but now I find myself buying toys for the little fella instead. This is still good value for a mid range speaker and will def do the job around the house and out the back instead of using my phone or laptop...... It's actually pretty decent looking too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Just ordered one.

Thanks Bargain alerts , you're costing me a fortune :pac:

I ordered mine yesterday. how does goupon work, do I have to wait for the offer to finish before the despatch it?

I ordered mine yesterday. how does goupon work, do I have to wait for the offer to finish before the despatch it?

Don't think so, it's a direct checkout and your detail are automatically sent to the merchant.

"For Direct Checkout deals, Groupon collects your shipping details at the time of purchase and passes them to the merchant via a secure route. Your Groupon voucher will be redeemed when your item has been dispatched to you by the merchant."

"Will I be notified when my product has been dispatched?

Yes! Either Groupon or the merchant will send you an email letting you know that your item has been despatched. Unless otherwise specified, you should expect to receive your product within 1-3 working days after receipt of this email. If the merchant has sent your item tracked you'll receive a tracking code which you can use to check the status of your delivery."

I ordered yesterday too so should arrive Thursday 21st (8 working days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Been using Veho speakers for years, they've great sound out of them for the size of them and the wireless play generally works flawlessly

• Advertisement

I find Groupon a bit confusing tbh.

I followed the link on this thread, signed up, entered cc details and address etc. Looking at my purchase history, it's there.

Sign in using the Groupon app, use same sign in details etc. Shows no purchase history. :confused:

Also. Yet to receive an email of any description that I have successfully bought the item.

Anyone shine any light on how it works?

Edit, screenshot from Web and from app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

No NFC on it seemingly.
    Can't justify it since I got one with NFC already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No NFC on it seemingly.
    Can't justify it since I got one with NFC already.

Can you explain for the ignorant please? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

keane2097 wrote: »
    Can you explain for the ignorant please? :o

Near Field Communication. An alternative to Bluetooth for wirelessly connecting your music source (e.g. smartphone) to your speakers.

Only of value if you have an NFC-enabled phone (most new ones are). Less drain on your phone's battery than Bluetooth but the phone has to be right beside the speakers to work.

Near Field Communication. An alternative to Bluetooth for wirelessly connecting your music source (e.g. smartphone) to your speakers.

Only of value if you have an NFC-enabled phone.

It's better than bluetooth I guess?

well its not really better, with Bluetooth you can have your device about 10 meters away from the speaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Are you sure? I was playing with an NFC enabled speaker in PC World and when i used it, the NFC just made a little popup appear on my screen asking do i want to pair the speaker to my phone. I took from that, that all the NFC does is setup the bluetooth connection without the need to scan and connect manually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah NFC isn't a connection like bluetooth, its just a chip that recognises specific NFC tags that carry out certain tasks like turn on Bluetooth andplay music. When you swipe an NFC phone over this tag, it will carry out those tasks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Tinie wrote: »
    Yeah NFC isn't a connection like bluetooth, its just a chip that recognises specific NFC tags that carry out certain tasks like turn on Bluetooth andplay music. When you swipe an NFC phone over this tag, it will carry out those tasks.

That is correct, but the music is still transmitted to the speakers via Bluetooth.

So really it is jsut a matter of convenience, there is no battery saving by using NFC, so I wouldn't leave lack of NFC to stop me from buying this speaker.

• Advertisement

I find Groupon a bit confusing tbh.

I followed the link on this thread, signed up, entered cc details and address etc. Looking at my purchase history, it's there.

Sign in using the Groupon app, use same sign in details etc. Shows no purchase history. :confused:

Also. Yet to receive an email of any description that I have successfully bought the item.

Anyone shine any light on how it works?

I received two mails from Groupon in half hour, first one with thank you for ordering and second one with the order summary. It shows up in My Purchases on the app and I can view the voucher. As your new to Groupon maybe they are in the junk mail. If not mail them to confirm your purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

well its not really better, with Bluetooth you can have your device about 10 meters away from the speaker

The NFC is just to wake the speaker up and connect via Bluetooth by tapping it.
    With bluetooth only that's not an option.
    Whether that's a positive is a matter of convenience/laziness. :p

garfie1d wrote: »
    I received two mails from Groupon in half hour, first one with thank you for ordering and second one with the order summary. It shows up in My Purchases on the app and I can view the voucher. As your new to Groupon maybe they are in the junk mail. If not mail them to confirm your purchase.

Thanks Garfield.

Real strange, I have a Groupon coupon when I click the order, don't seem to have any email though.

I'm thinking they may be holding the order because my surname on the profile is 'Happy' (thanks for that, predictive text :mad:) and maybe they think I'm a Nigerian prince. :mad:

I can't seem to change surname on profile either.

I'll get on to them via email.

Got this sorted in the end. No email yet from the supplier with dispatched notification though.

Anyone else received theirs yet?

Got this sorted in the end. No email yet from the supplier with dispatched notification though.

Anyone else received theirs yet?

no I havnt heard anything yet. I just got the two emails on the day I ordered it.

Same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Same

Anyone ever use groupon before? Is this the normal run of things as in not getting any correspondance until the day of despatch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

All gone now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭b318isp

All gone now

Pity, i got there too late.

Mine arrived this morning,haven't had time to try it out yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Only of value if you have an NFC-enabled phone (most new ones are). Less drain on your phone's battery than Bluetooth but the phone has to be right beside the speakers to work.

and how is that any better than a docking station, i imagine the baud speed si much more limited than using a docking station.

actually i just looked it up and it appears that NFC is just used to pair the devices and that bluetooth is still used to transfer data. so really it doesn't offer much benefit

Mine arrived this morning,haven't had time to try it out yet.

When did you order?

When did you order?

I ordered on the day of the original post, last Monday week. They said I would get an email when it was dispatched,but I didn't,it just arrived this morning.

Just fired it up, great sound from it, much better than I expected.the build quality is excellent,real premium feel to it.all in all I am delighted with it,especially at the price,thanks op.

• Advertisement

Glad its as good as it looks, I also ordered last Monday, Hope mine arrives today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Just sent them an e-mail as i never got a confirmation that it was dispatched.. Ordered it on the 12th so should be here today/tomorrow hopefully.

Just sent them an e-mail as i never got a confirmation that it was dispatched.. Ordered it on the 12th so should be here today/tomorrow hopefully.

I didn't get a dispatch email either,it just arrived yesterday.I ordered on the 11th,so I would give it maybe another day for yours to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anybodies arrive today?

dulux99 wrote: »
    Anybodies arrive today?

Email from the seller saying there was a delay in dispatching my order so is on the way now.. probably another week for myself!

• Advertisement

Not received mine yet, unless it's arrived this afternoon. If not got it by Monday evening will drop them a email.

Email from the seller saying there was a delay in dispatching my order so is on the way now.. probably another week for myself!

Tut.

Was hoping to have mine when I got home from work,it's probably not there now.

Ah well

dulux99 wrote: »
    Tut.

Was hoping to have mine when I got home from work,it's probably not there now.

Ah well

Yeah i don't know why im so eager to get it.. I have no need for it.. Damn bargain alerts!

Just got home, no sign of mine. No email either

Got mine this morning, it looks and feels great, simply connect and go, sounds pretty good too.
    The speaker cover is a dark grey which I prefer as it looks softer with the brush steel rather than the black that it looked like in the original picture. Very happy with it!

To the folk already in receipt of theirs, did the postman deliver?

Just, postman already been to my place this morning, nothing for me but a poxy bill. :mad:

To the folk already in receipt of theirs, did the postman deliver?

Just, postman already been to my place this morning, nothing for me but a poxy bill. :mad:

Bad news unfortunately, It was delivered by the usual postman, not a man in a van.... Was suprised as I dint think he did packages unless they're really small.

Mine arrived this morning.. Cant check the sound in the office but it looks fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

My Grabone app is still showing as "waiting for dispatch" :rolleyes:

Ordered on 07/08

Anyone know who to email as thats a bit of a long wait?

Yeah mine arrived this morning as well, delivered by the regular post man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement