Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lodged cash last friday but still unavailable

Options
  • 11-08-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi - is there a place I can make an online complaint \email address please?.

my wife lodged cash last Friday in your Rathfarnham branch into my bank of Ireland account so I could pay a bill that was outstanding. 
    This showed up in my account but would not let me transfer or do anything with it. I tried Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today (Monday) but still it told me I could not use it. (online banking)
    I rang the branch today, but this only brought me to your call centre who looked at my account and told me I should be able to use it. I explained I couldn't and they rang the Rathfarnham branch and they proceeded to tell the call centre lady that it firstly it was an electronic transfer and then a giro Lodgement and it took a couple of days to clear. 
    I would like to make a complaint as I would understand if the branch were being honest about a mistake made,  but they gave a outright line of rubbish about the lodgement instead of the truth. 

The lodgement was cash, plain and simple and I should have been able to access it immediately or given an honest explanation. 

Can you please lodge a complaint for me please or put me to some online facility for this?. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi kanoute696,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie

Sorry to hear that this cash you lodged into your account was not available to you immediately and that you were given conflicting information about this. Without knowing the specifics of your lodgement or your account details, we would be unable to advise here why that has happened to you. Generally a cash lodgement will be available to use once you lodge it in a Lodgement ATM, while a cheque or bank draft can take three to five working days to clear on your account. 

While we are unable to lodge complaints on Boards, please find the details of our Customer Complaints Procedure here 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement