Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can we get a cat?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Anyone got a warm car bonnet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

You can have one of mine. The house is overflowing with them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

As it happens I am currently in the business of selling cats.

I can get you as many as you want, ginger ones, grey ones, black ones, big ones, small ones, fat ones, thin ones.....

Some may take a little longer to 'source' than others, but I guarantee I'll get you a mog for a good price.

Let me know what you want and we'll discuss my fee.

<< Once I get paid, please ignore anyone that opens a thread on boards looking for a missing cat. >>

Cash only; Boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I like chairman meow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

no but if you behave you can have a hamster

Lapin wrote: »
    As it happens I am currently in the business of selling cats.

I can get you as many as you want, ginger ones, grey ones, black ones, big ones, small ones, fat ones, thin ones.....

Some may take a little longer to 'source' than others, but I guarantee I'll get you a mog for a good price.

Let me know what you want and we'll discuss my fee.

<< Once I get paid, please ignore anyone that opens a thread on boards looking for a missing cat. >>

Cash only; Boss.

Do any have nice rough tongues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

We have 4 cats. Not loaning any though;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Cats leave hair everywhere and on every thing. They meow incessantly to go out. No sooner do you let it out it meows incessantly to come in. You can’t let them near your leather couch for of it clawing the crap out of it.

No to cats. Let’s get a dog instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

mad muffin wrote: »
    Cats leave hair everywhere and on every thing. They meow incessantly to go out. No sooner do you let it out it meows incessantly to come in. You can’t let them near your leather couch for of it clawing the crap out of it.

No to cats. Let’s get a dog instead.

Everything you just mentioned applies to a dog too. Maybe not so much the couch scratching, but they'll just eat the couch instead!

I still love both :)

• Advertisement

Jaysus, it's been 4 years. Make a decision already people! (I vote for a cat and a dog!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I would love that but I don't think it'd be fair on the cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Everything you just mentioned applies to a dog too. Maybe not so much the couch scratching, but they'll just eat the couch instead!

I still love both :)

My dogs have only ever chewed the skirting boards in the kitchen.

If it's a boy: The Honourable Sir Reginald Barley von Münchausen XVII, Lord Protector of the Oort Cloud.

If it's a girl: Fluffy.

I happily stand by my name suggestions.

Old Boards was a nice obedient dog, new boards is a cat and just does what it wants to.do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

My neighbour has two cats , I'd be quite happy to post either or both of the bastard cats to any address in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You can't own or share a cat.

All you can do is treat it better than your neighbours and hope it spends more time in your vicinity until it gets a better offer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The name Rodney reminds me of the time shortly after D-Day when the Germans were 17 miles away from the coast and getting their tanks organised to drive the invaders back into the sea, when without warning the whole world exploded around them. German tanks had thick armour and formidable guns but that mattered naught when you were on the receiving end of a broadside from way beyond the horizon from a battleship like HMS Rodney. Nine tonnes of high explosive shells, per salvo, meant anyone in the general area had a very bad day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement