Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbmc video issue

• 11-08-2014 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

i got an android minix box with xbmc

I have it a week or so and still getting to know the ins and outs of it

my issue is , i could be playing music or a video and the box loses video output.
    i can still hear the music playing or the film etc but the only way to fix it is to turn the unit off and back on again

i have unplugged the external hard drive to see if that is the cause, but even with it plugged in and on , while we watched an online stream, it did the same thing. and my theory would if the hard drive was causing the issue it would surely freeze and stop playing whatever file i was playing from hard drive

the hard drive is in an enclosure and has it's own power supply, it is an old hard drive, i don't mind replacing it with new drive but only if that is the cause

anyone had this issue ? or know what is causing the problem ? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Does the GUI come back if you stop the playback? If you were to rewatch the same video, does the black screen issue happen at the exact same point or is it random?

The first thing I would be looking to do is turn on debuging in xbmc and getting the logs and seeing if there is anything useful in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

no it doesn,t i can stop pause or skip to next song , video but cant see any of it , so the unit itself is still working , but losing only video output

Advertisement