Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water left in washing machine drum

Options
  • 11-08-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

So I washed a mat. It ended up being too heavy for machine and wouldnt spin. So i took it out and now im left with water still in drum. Used the drain/spin/rinse buttons, no luck. Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Hi op what make is the machine??
    Dont know it it helps but on the bottom right hand side of machine you should have access to filter on machine.

Usually have to open a small door to access it depending on make you might see a small black tube you can drain the machine that way or else you can remove the filter itself but be ready for a fair amount of water to flow out

If you take out the filter it will just empty all water on to the floor.
    Look for that first and let us know how you get on, something like this im trying to explain to you

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mazdaminx

Its zanussi. I see what you are on about, going to open it and see.

Dear god that was scary and disgusting. After using 4bath towels. The guck that came out!

Thanks a mill for your help, problem solved!

No prob:) glad it helped you out .
    Forgot to mention while you had the filter out to check the impellor on the pump was free and not blocked.

Sorry about the mess but its the only way, at times its the smell thats the worse though:(

crasy dash wrote: »
    No prob:) glad it helped you out .
    Forgot to mention while you had the filter out to check the impellor on the pump was free and not blocked.

Sorry about the mess but its the only way, at times its the smell thats the worse though:(

The plug had yucky stuff on the threads I washed all of it off. I was afraid to look in the hole so didn't see anything else. There surprisingly was no smell. I've machine on now on rinse just to clean drum and ensure it's still working. Hopefully it's back to normal. Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

If you put the mat back in the washing machine it probably wont spin because of the weight of it.

• Advertisement

dingding wrote: »
    If you put the mat back in the washing machine it probably wont spin because of the weight of it.

True grrr I have it outside on a horse, even the line was straining! Don't know what I'll do with all these downpours! On positive note mat is back to its original colour, just soaking wet! Ha

You will soon find out if it works anyway.
    Best luck but id say you are fine.No prob we are always here to help i know one person that but in a pai of curtains(good old 20 year heavy pair) into a machine it didnt end well.
    She went out but when she came back machine was a right off made complete rubbish of it haha

crasy dash wrote: »
    She went out but when she came back machine was a right off made complete rubbish of it haha

Oh no, I won't do that so haha

Im lucky I didn't break mine today, thanking god for when things go right :-)

Advertisement