Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

btea

Options
  • 11-08-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi,just wondering are they doing interviews for btea this year ,and did anyone do one,thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

I applied for the BTEA and haven't heard anything about an interview - are you on JSA or JSB at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mosii

Jsa,did you get a reply from social,

Well then no interview is necessary I'd say, they already know about your financial and living situation, and then the info you give when applying for BTEA. Nope haven't heard from them yet, going into them tomorrow morning and asking them what's the story :P

OK thanks for reply,i think its the first year they are doing interviews ,whats the difference between jsb and jsa ,btea isn't means tested as far as I know,let me know how you get on in social thanks again

Oh right, I haven't heard anything about an interview. Just came back there, my application is in the system, I think they're still having trouble regarding my address - I put down my Clare address even though I live in Cork, but where I'm living isn't permanent and I'm moving out in a couple of weeks. I bet I'll have moved out by the time I hear from them, typical :P
    Job seeker's benefit is for people who have recently left work I think, don't really know tbh, and job seeker's allowance is for people who've been out of education for a minimum of 3 months and can't find work but are able and willing to work. I've been unable to find a job for the past 2 years I've been living in Cork

• Advertisement

Thanks again,Id say we will have news next week

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Rocking_roxy

im on JSA, havent heard anything yet either. Going to ring them on monday cuz im starting 1st of septeber so kinda need to know what the story is!

im on JSA, havent heard anything yet either. Going to ring them on monday cuz im starting 1st of septeber so kinda need to know what the story is!

That's pretty soon alright! I'm the 15th but still, should have it dealt with by now :P

Is this normal lads ,its my first time applying for btea:)

Mine too, you'd think it'd be a lot quicker than the jsa, seeing as they have all our info and know what our financial situations are like. I didn't think it would take this long. My brother who got the BTEA before asked me if I'd been approved it yet, so they're probably taking longer than they should

• Advertisement

My first time too. Cuz if we aren't approved the btea we will have to sign off as soon as we start college. So they would want to be letting us know soon!

My first time too. Cuz if we aren't approved the btea we will have to sign off as soon as we start college. So they would want to be letting us know soon!

Not being approved would be the most annoying thing. SUSI rejected my application for a maintenance grant, and if I don't get approved for BTEA then I'll have to appeal SUSI's decision, which will take for.ev.er.

Oh I know. I really don't know how I'm going to afford my fees if I don't get help from the grant and btea. They are 10,000e spread across two years. I'm doung the teacher traing course. Ah!

Update! I rang this morning to see heat the story was and they could not find my application ah! Panic stations. But she rang back and found it. Says it looks ok and that I should be ok to get it. She said I will prob get a letter by end of this week saying whether or not I have been approved. She also said they have only just started to look at the applications now, so everyone should be hearing in next two weeks I'd say!

I got my letter of approval! Stamp on it says 15th, but received it today, delighted. I just had to get a letter of written confirmation from the college saying I'll be going there (which the guy at reception just printed off something and signed it, not sure if they'll accept it or not) which I'm going to hand in tomorrow. The letter says I've to give the letter before 4th of October, as it may affect my payment - does this mean I'll still be receiving normal jsa payments until then? I hope not, I need the BTEA amount asap.

I got my letter of approval! Stamp on it says 15th, but received it today, delighted. I just had to get a letter of written confirmation from the college saying I'll be going there (which the guy at reception just printed off something and signed it, not sure if they'll accept it or not) which I'm going to hand in tomorrow. The letter says I've to give the letter before 4th of October, as it may affect my payment - does this mean I'll still be receiving normal jsa payments until then? I hope not, I need the BTEA amount asap.

Thats good news! Lucky you! Hope I get it

What course are you doing

What course are you doing

Animal Care in St John's Central College in Cork, you?

Animal Care in St John's Central College in Cork, you?

Ah deadly!! I love animals. Have a pomeranian puppy right now :D Im doing the teaching training course! Going to be a secondary school teacher ah!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

So does this mean no interviews then?

• Advertisement

I didn't hear of any interviews ,don't know what that's all about ,there was suppose to be.did you get a reply,i didn't yet,is it usually this late do you know:o

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

I handed mine in last week and yet to get reply. It can take a bit to go through. If you handed in your application then you've handed it in on time

mosii wrote: »
    I didn't hear of any interviews ,don't know what that's all about ,there was suppose to be.did you get a reply,i didn't yet,is it usually this late do you know:o

They are only looking at applications now. Should find out soon enough!

thanks,prob be next week so.thanks again for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

It says on the website that you have to be recommended by your case worker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ralphdejones

If your course is 4 years does your BTEA last four years or do you have to re apply each year ?

If your course is 4 years does your BTEA last four years or do you have to re apply each year ?

I'd say you've to reapply just like with the SUSI grant, your circumstances and income could change over the course of four years.

Hi if I was to ring btea directly ,would they tell me if they have my application in the system,still havnt heard anything back,put in amonth ago,I don't trust the social in my area,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

so could I work during th summer and then apply for BTEA? I spent the summer on the dole because I was told you needed to be unemployed to receive the BTEA ffs

• Advertisement

mosii wrote: »
    Hi if I was to ring btea directly ,would they tell me if they have my application in the system,still havnt heard anything back,put in amonth ago,I don't trust the social in my area,thanks

I was in same position. I had a feeling something would go wrong. I rang and they couldnt find my application! They did eventually but I was glad I rang, cuz it might have slipped through the cracks. I just rang my local welfare office and they put me on to the people in charge of the applicatoins. Try ringing your local office and ask to speak to the people who deal with BTEA

Advertisement