Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40 euro charge overlimit.

Options
  • 11-08-2014 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

A couple of small overcharge limts on my account amount to 40 euro due to some payments not going through straight away over the last few days. In total it amounted I went over by 60 and you charge me 40 euro "Fine" starting small and going up to a tenner . Along with the quarterly fees this is unacceptable. Do I need to bring anything with me to close my accout or can i do it by phone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Dowl88.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear you are considering closing your account due to the recent charges applied to it.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]When an account goes overdrawn without an approved overdraft facility, you will be charged 'overlimit items' on the account. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]These are calculated within the fee quarter and are as follows:[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]1st item NO CHARGE[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]2nd & 3rd item €3.50[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]4th & 5th item €5.00[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]6th & over €10.00 per item[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you wish to apply for an overdraft, you can apply online here or alternatively you may contact your account holding branch and a representative will be happy to assist you.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you do decide to go ahead and close your account, you can do this in two ways:[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]

You can call into your branch with photo identification such as a passport or driving license, and request that your account is closed. 

Alternatively you can close your account by written request and post this letter to your branch (we cannot accept a request by email or fax to close an account). Please include in this letter, your banking details, contact number and signature. 

If you have funds left in your account please include in your letter what way you wish the funds to be transferred to you. If you would like a bank draft, please advise your branch who to make this payable to. For an electronic payment we will need banking details, i.e. account number, sort code, IBAN and BIC, name on account and bank name and address.

Please note that if you are set up for eStatements online, before closing account, please revert back to paper statements if you would like to receive your closing statement in the post. Also, you could download and save a copy of all your eStatements in pdf if you would like to retain these for future use. Once the account is closed by your branch, you will not have access to Bank of Ireland 365 Online. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]To find the contact details for your branches please see this link.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Laura[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

Thanks Laura, on the way to close it now and get an account with another bank BOIs charges are infuriating to say the least.

Advertisement