Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I cancel Credit Card now will i still be liable for Gov Duty Next april?

Options
  • 11-08-2014 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

As the thread title says, finally got my credit card paid off , it was a long slog. Just wondering does the Gov E40 in april cover the year gone or the year to come? Prob going to cancel it, as far as I can see the only thing i might need it for that my Visa Debit wont cover is car hire.
    Just wondering if I cancel it now will i still get hit with the charge next april?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

The charge is a retrospective charge so will be applied when you close the account. I fought that with my bank as the terms I signed up to didn't state that it was paid in arrears..they had one annual charge stipulated so when they tried to charge it again I refused.

Advertisement