Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace video and music setup advice?

Options
  • 11-08-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My current setup is driving me mad and looking for a better solution.

For music I have a readynas ultra running lms through Wifi feeding a logitech touch and a logitech radio... I find the software a pain and the devices a little temperamental.
    For video I have a wdtv to play various video files of movies/TV series being fed over Wifi by another nas. Have a fairly new smart TV with built in apps. I would like to start using more HD files and hq music files like flac instead of mp3 standard (changing my person music player away from a mp3device too)

This I was thinking of a small pc server to take over feeding the TV from both nas and giving more flexibility for media.

Looking for your advice on a good all round box and what os and software to run. Then what devices for streaming radio and audio to replace the logitech unit s?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I use XBMC for all media including music, can install it on many platforms and various devices available to buy depending on your budget. It scrapes media and adds artwork and media info for all artists, albums, tv shows and movies as long as they're named correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Thanks, any thoughts on hardware?
    I use XBMC for all media including music, can install it on many platforms and various devices available to buy depending on your budget. It scrapes media and adds artwork and media info for all artists, albums, tv shows and movies as long as they're named correctly.

redman wrote: »
    Thanks, any thoughts on hardware?

Budget? Check out this thread
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057066642/78/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

No set budget, looking for something solid and good - thanks for the link

Curious about peoples overall set up - whats working for you at efficient HQ music and video storage/streaming?

redman wrote: »
    No set budget, looking for something solid and good - thanks for the link

Curious about peoples overall set up - whats working for you at efficient HQ music and video storage/streaming?

I have a HP Proliant server with 10TB media that's also my download box with Sabnzbd, Couchpotato, NzbDrone, Headphones, Sickbeard and uTorrent (google them). Then I have did have a custom built HTPC, but the board is blown and I now have the loan of an Arctic Mc001 running Openelec until I get around to picking up a board. I have a Raspberry Pi running OpenElec in another room which is a little slow but functional

• Advertisement
Advertisement