Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gynaecologists/ Hospitals for gynaecological procedures

Options
  • 11-08-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Mod's : I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for the non medical advice/ Info that I am looking for. If there is a more appropriate forum, please move accordingly.

So, I have been diagnosed with a large ovarian cyst. I was in A&E approximately 4 weeks ago with severe abdominal pain. Due to the incompetence of the hospital and the messing they have been going on with I decided to go private for a pelvic ultrasound over the weekend. The lady that did the scan was able to immediately diagnose the cyst and speaking to my doctor today surgery is the only option. I am refusing to go back to the hospital for the surgery, and have decided to go private for surgery, so my doctor is writing a referral for another hospital. She has suggested the Coombe, but has not mentioned any consultants in particular.

What hospital is the best for this type of procedure (All things suggest it will be 'proper' surgery rather than laparoscopic)? Are there any consultants that are particularly good/Highly recommended? I am based in the Midlands so any hospital between Galway and Dublin are options.

I would really appreciate any PM's with recommendations/Advice.

Thank you

SP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Dr Mo'iad Assam (I'm sure my spelling is wrong) took care of me in the Galway Clinic and is generally recognised as being right up there by way of gynaecologists. He also operates out of the Beacon. He removed by cyst, stage 4 endometriosis and my ovarian septum. He uses the latest technologies and I would and have recommended him to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I've had two operations done by dr. Cathy Allen in holles street. She does public and private patients. In general I have found the gynae dept in holles street very good. I attended the rotunda for a op as well but was really unimpressed. When sitting out in the waiting area(public) you could hear the conversations going on in the consulting rooms.

Advertisement