Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best airline for flying with an infant

Options
  • 11-08-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I will be travelling with my baby soon and I was wondering what airline is the best for flying with an infant.

What baggage allowance do they offer?
    Do they take all kinds of strollers (even big 2-piece ones, that fold after you take out the seat part) free of charge?
    Do they take the car seat free of charge or only if it is part of the stroller?
    Do they have bassinets on the plane and do they help with feeding (warm it up, offer milk etc)?

Thanks! :)

PS I am mostly interested in Air France, KLM, Lufthansa, British Airways, SAS, Swiss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭addob

I have flown KLM twice with my boy under 2 years old.

They have been great and Amsterdam airport is fantastic for babies and toddlers (they have a baby lounge and play area for free!!)

They have taken both a stroller and car seat no problem and have always asked if our stroller was 1 piece or 2. All of that free of charge.

Children travelling without a seat are provided with a check in allowance of 10kg and there was never an issue with the carry on.

On board they provided a free bib and offered food.

We did have a bassinet but there are only 2 per flight so tricky to get and they were very helpful warming up bottles and when I traveled on my own with my son they kept my meal warm until I was free to eat.

Please note this was flying Amsterdam to Montreal. But I can't say enough good things about KLM and kid travel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JTormey

I assume you mean flying long haul given the airlines you have mentioned? I have flown BA and they were great w my 5 mo old at the time. Bassinets available on all airlines but the number are limited and the design also varies. Some are like moses baskets, others like a bouncy chair. The BA bassinets are small (our 5 mo old had to be squeezed in!) but then he bouncy chairs are bigger.
    All major airlines will carry car seat and a stroller for free. Some may also let you take a travel cot.
    If you google it, there is a website which discusses the pros and conc of all these different airlines infant policies...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sinker

Many thanks to both!
    Actually, I am not referring to long haul flights. I am flying in Europe but not with Aerlingus or Raynair because they don't go directly when I am flying ;)

I will google that, thanks JTormey!

Advertisement