Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Name that Plant' Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Worztron

Oldtree wrote: »
    sorry not an expert on shrubs

No problem. ;)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

I'm no expert either but I think it's called Pittosporum tenuifolium, comes in plain green or variegated. The variegated s slower growing but both tolerate clipping quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Worztron

Wyldwood wrote: »
    I'm no expert either but I think it's called Pittosporum tenuifolium, comes in plain green or variegated. The variegated s slower growing but both tolerate clipping quite well.

Nice one Wyldwood. :)

Just saw a video on them here:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Could anyone please tell me what type of tree this is....I think it's a willow but if so what kind? Cheers!

Possibly escallonia.
    Got a pic from not so close up? The shape of a plant can be a great assistance to its ID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Could anyone please tell me what type of tree this is....I think it's a willow but if so what kind? Cheers!

looks like a willow to me, buds arranged spirally and looks like lemon pip buds, possible a goat willow??? can you post a photo of the tree as well please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Oldtree wrote: »
    looks like a willow to me, buds arranged spirally and looks like lemon pip buds, possible a goat willow??? can you post a photo of the tree as well please?

Agree with oldtree, prob goat/pussy willow and not escallonia as I mentioned above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Planted loads of stuff bout 6 months ago, this started growing about 3 months ago, initially thought it was a weed but let it grow. Was beginning to flower until my ever so handy 2 year old desided to dig it up when her mothers back was turned. Gutted! I've put it into a pot at front door but looking at the bulb it seems to have been snapped and there are no roots so it's just going to wilt now. Anyone know what it was going to flower into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The leaf could be a Begonia aconitifolia, but the flowers don't match! Its rather spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Could be Aconitum

Wyldwood wrote: »
    Could be Aconitum

That's exactly what it was id say, thanks a mill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Also a very poisonous plant, with a "handy" 2 year old around be careful with whats in their reach. Not trying to be alarmist just a heads up.

Also a very poisonous plant, with a "handy" 2 year old around be careful with whats in their reach. Not trying to be alarmist just a heads up.

Read that alright. Most plants are though

Advertisement