Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECCE scheme

Options
  • 11-08-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Anyone know how you find out what rate a crèche is receiving for ECCE hour (€62.50 or €73)

My son is in crèche and entitled to ECCE hours from sept. So what rate should I be using to calculate the reduction in costs.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Did the creche not give you the new cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ocy

Nope not yes, but did request it today, but just wondering on what basis is the 2 different amounts paid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

ocy wrote: »
    Nope not yes, but did request it today, but just wondering on what basis is the 2 different amounts paid

It is paid purely on the Qualifications held by the staff, The minimum level 5 or 6 get the lower amount......7 and above receive the higher amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

it may be of no use to you but ours went from €150(roughly) per week down to €75 per week for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

It possibly doesn't matter what rate the creche are getting from the govt. I know our creche charges for the hours outside of the ECCE hours. So for example, my lad was there from 9am-2pm, they considered 9am-12pm covered under the ECCE scheme so they charged us €10 for 12pm-2pm, 2hrs at a rate of €5/hr. The half-day rate from 9am-2pm is €20 so we saved €10/day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ocy

Well if they are receiving 62.5 per week for 38 weeks (2375) then this amount should be deducted from my annual creche bill.

I currently pay 650 pm for 5 morning (technically he could be in from 7.30-13.30) but its more like 8.30-13.30.

I am expecting that the creche will either make allowance over 10 or 12 months (for 10 months Sept to June inclusive) this would reduce my creche fees by 237pm or over 12 months this would work out at 198pm

Over 38 weeks of the year your per day charge should be reduced by 12.5 per day or if they spread it over 52 weeks is around 9 per day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

Well if they are receiving 62.5 per week for 38 weeks (2375) then this amount should be deducted from my annual creche bill.

I currently pay 650 pm for 5 morning (technically he could be in from 7.30-13.30) but its more like 8.30-13.30.

I am expecting that the creche will either make allowance over 10 or 12 months (for 10 months Sept to June inclusive) this would reduce my creche fees by 237pm or over 12 months this would work out at 198pm

Over 38 weeks of the year your per day charge should be reduced by 12.5 per day or if they spread it over 52 weeks is around 9 per day

You certainly have your sums done! We didn't argue over €2.50 pw (for 38 wks) because we're very happy with the Creche, they are very flexible, if i'm running late there's never a problem, they are very obliging and don't charge extra if i have need them to keep 1 or both kids an extra hour occassionally. Anyhow, there are many other reasons which i don't need to justify here... i was just letting you know that they may have other ways of calculating your fees just so you know - forewarned is forearmed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

The payment is only for 3 hours a day over 38 week a year during term time and only for 1 year.

Advertisement