Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80s tv series (or miniseries) name

• 11-08-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello!
    I have been looking for the name of a late 70s / early 80s Tv Series (or miniseries) with no luck for several years. It was about a little boy who was with an old man in their adventures and they were looking for a little statue. That statue was enchanted and it could move to another place so It could escape from them. It had an angry face and I think It looked like It was made from gold / its color was a Golden one. The Statue's face looked like the face from an indian Tothem more or less.

I remember quite clearly an scene where they boy and the old man couldn't find the Statue and we could see that It escaped from them aboard a ship. I think we couldn't see the Statue moving by itself but we could notice that It moved its eyes or its mouth.

Anyone can help me? If I had to guess where the tv series was produced I would bet that It could be the UK, but I am not completely sure. But It could be because I think the Tv Series was short because I can't remember It very well.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Hello!
    I have been looking for the name of a late 70s / early 80s Tv Series (or miniseries) with no luck for several years. It was about a little boy who was with an old man in their adventures and they were looking for a little statue. That statue was enchanted and it could move to another place so It could escape from them. It had an angry face and I think It looked like It was made from gold / its color was a Golden one. The Statue's face looked like the face from an indian Tothem more or less.

I remember quite clearly an scene where they boy and the old man couldn't find the Statue and we could see that It escaped from them aboard a ship. I think we couldn't see the Statue moving by itself but we could notice that It moved its eyes or its mouth.

Anyone can help me? If I had to guess where the tv series was produced I would bet that It could be the UK, but I am not completely sure. But It could be because I think the Tv Series was short because I can't remember It very well.
    Thanks!

Reminds me a bit of "The Witches and the Grinnygog" but the statue wasn't gold in that - some pictures of the statue and cast here:

http://www.thechestnut.com/witches.htm

Advertisement