Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireplace removal, installation of new gas fire

• 11-08-2014 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭

I have a marble-effect fireplace in a 20 year old house, with a small gas fire connected with a standard flue.

I am looking to;
    1. Remove fireplace
    2. Install something like this; http://www.thegascompany.ie/iopen24/fire-gazco-designio-high-efficiency-glass-fronted-remote-control-p-967776.html?cPath=1648_1808_1328_1805
    3. Make good on plastering, etc

What sort of price (excluding the fireplace) is this job?

Do I get a builder to remove fireplace, a gas guy to install the fireplace, then a builder to make-good and replaster?

The removal of the hearth in the floor will leave a rectangular gap in the existing laminate - any suggestions on how to creatively finish this without replacing the entire floor?

I am getting the room stripped and painted anyway, but would like to get this job done first.

Advertisement