Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which Gore-Tex race boot?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

They look very nice for the money.....Skill. Even if they are Gore-Tex get into Elverys or any sport shop and cover them in chelsea dubbin or leather lube. It protects the leather, makes it more supple and sticks another layer of protection on its only a fiver and is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I didn't get anything yet man.Few unexpected bills came up so haven't the money this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    They look very nice for the money.....Skill. Even if they are Gore-Tex get into Elverys or any sport shop and cover them in chelsea dubbin or leather lube. It protects the leather, makes it more supple and sticks another layer of protection on its only a fiver and is brilliant.

Wonda, I'd imagine a bit on the saddle wouldn't do any harm either. Deadly, an excuse to go into town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Wonda, I'd imagine a bit on the saddle wouldn't do any harm either. Deadly, an excuse to go into town

I came across it playing football, I had a nice pair of Puma King leather boots but let water in like mad playing in the rain. Was in a sports shop and some old lad told me to get the chelsea dubbin.....never let a drop in ever. Once a month stick a nice thin layer on and work into the stitches on the boot, its the bizzo.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I got the TCX S-Sportour Waterproof. - great boot but they are a small size fitting so get a bigger size if buying online, mine are a bit too tight which gets annoying after a long day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

There wasn't a huge difference between Cotters and buying on line, and your right Z, I went a size up to what I would have ordered on line. I'd defo go BnM when buying boots.

Edit

Cotters were actually a tenner cheaper than "Sports Bike Shop" linked in the first post!!

Advertisement