Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan products in Waterford?

Options
  • 11-08-2014 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

I recently went vegan. The vegan diet is easy part but the issues I've been having is finding vegan friendly day-to-day items around town, like deodorant and tooth paste. I stocked up on items bought online initially and started emailing my favourite companies to find out what products were okay for me to use but buying deodorant from amazon anytime I run out is becoming tedious and I very much want to avoid the smelly hippy stereotype!

If there is anyone who's been doing this longer than me out there that can help me out with finding these everyday products in town I'd really appreciate it. Things like shampoo, moisturiser and the like that you can get in places like Boots or Tesco.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

I haven't been there for ages, but I used to stock up on all the stuff you mention in Full of Beans. In case the link doesn't work, they have stores in Georges Court and Ardkeen shopping centre. Good luck!
    http://www.fullofbeans.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

kinkygirl wrote: »
    I haven't been there for ages, but I used to stock up on all the stuff you mention in Full of Beans. In case the link doesn't work, they have stores in Georges Court and Ardkeen shopping centre. Good luck!
    http://www.fullofbeans.ie/

Thanks, I haven't been in Full of Beans since I was a teenager. I thought the only stocked vegan/vegetarian/health foods like soya milk. I didn't think they'd stock personal hygiene stuff as well. I'll definitely have a look there during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

My partner has been looking into going vegan recently, so this is what I've learned from him!

There's a brand of toothpaste in Holland and Barrett in City Square called Kingfisher, that's all he uses now. It's €5 for a tube though!
    There's a brand called Original Source, which is certified vegan, that most places sell, they usually only seem to stock the body wash, even though on their website they have a bit more than that. There is a men's 2 in 1 body wash and shampoo that they have as well if that's any good to you as shampoo (they actually seem to be exactly the same as the ones that say that they're just body wash). There's also hand soaps by that brand which smell amazing!
    Actually my boyfriend just suggested that I tell you to look into making your own stuff. Apparently it's not that hard to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

Ericaa wrote: »
    My partner has been looking into going vegan recently, so this is what I've learned from him!

There's a brand of toothpaste in Holland and Barrett in City Square called Kingfisher, that's all he uses now. It's €5 for a tube though!
    There's a brand called Original Source, which is certified vegan, that most places sell, they usually only seem to stock the body wash, even though on their website they have a bit more than that. There is a men's 2 in 1 body wash and shampoo that they have as well if that's any good to you as shampoo (they actually seem to be exactly the same as the ones that say that they're just body wash). There's also hand soaps by that brand which smell amazing!
    Actually my boyfriend just suggested that I tell you to look into making your own stuff. Apparently it's not that hard to do!

Thanks for all the info. It'll definitely make getting a few essentials a bit easier. I have been looking into making my own stuff as well. I've even started making my own cleaning products since a lot of these eco/vegan online brands realise that they have a niche market so their mark up can be a bit much. I recently paid nearly €45 (including shipping) for sun cream ffs! Then I found an Irish website that sold the same brand for €15 :rolleyes:

Advertisement