Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experiences of a chipped tooth?

Options
  • 12-08-2014 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Ok, I've calmed down a bit since earlier. I was doing the dishes and my little one year old was at my feet and she must have some how tripped over me and fell head first onto the tiled floor. She chipped one of her teeth badly. About 1/4 of it came off :(:(:(. I'm going to ring the dentist tomorrow to see what they can do but I don't have much money so I'm not sure what I can afford to get done. Anyone have any experiences of this happening to their little one?? I would love to wrap her up in cotton wool now :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Ok, I've calmed down a bit since earlier. I was doing the dishes and my little one year old was at my feet and she must have some how tripped over me and fell head first onto the tiled floor. She chipped one of her teeth badly. About 1/4 of it came off :(:(:(. I'm going to ring the dentist tomorrow to see what they can do but I don't have much money so I'm not sure what I can afford to get done. Anyone have any experiences of this happening to their little one?? I would love to wrap her up in cotton wool now :(

Our first lad hit his tooth on the stairs when he was about three and it went pretty black. We took him to the the dentist who said there would only be an issue if the nerve of the tooth was damaged. Well the tooth fell out and the new one is growing fine.
    Our second lad chipped his tooth on the play ground. Took a bot of the corner off it. Not overly concerned as there is no discoluration. It'll be falling out itslef in another few years anyway.
    I'd say if money is tight then just get a check-up to make sure there's no gum damage. Not much point spending too much money on a cometic job on a tooth that will fall out anyway.

Advertisement