Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for transfer between banks?

Options
  • 12-08-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, today money was transferred to my account (From AIB to Permanent TSB), well not transferred but sent off, I assumed once the clock hits midnight it will be on my account but it's not. How long do these transfers take on average?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

arleitiss wrote: »
    Hey, today money was transferred to my account (From AIB to Permanent TSB), well not transferred but sent off, I assumed once the clock hits midnight it will be on my account but it's not. How long do these transfers take on average?

Thanks.

Did you make the transfer on AIB before the end of day, if you did it after (i think 15:30hrs), it counts as sent tomorrow, and won't be there till Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Did you make the transfer on AIB before the end of day, if you did it after (i think 15:30hrs), it counts as sent tomorrow, and won't be there till Wednesday.

I just got it few minutes ago, weird timing tbh, I would expect all transactions to appear at midnight rather than 1:50 AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

There is no set time for transactions to be posted to bank accounts. Legislation states that it must be made available and value dated of the next business day after it is sent (electronically). Once the money is in your account during the business day the legal requirement is met.

Advertisement