Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco extra?

Options
  • 12-08-2014 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering, does the tesco extra really close at 12pm? If so, it would be handy alright.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Ah, I'm sorry, I'm not talking about the one in Dundalk, but the one here in Drogheda around Marley's Lane on the Donore road. I should have been more specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Ah, I'm sorry, I'm not talking about the one in Dundalk, but the one here in Drogheda around Marley's Lane on the Donore road. I should have been more specific.

http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/ie/?bID=5794

Unless Tesco's website is lying then yes, they're open until 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I was just wondering, does the tesco extra really close at 12pm? If so, it would be handy alright.

What's handy about a shop that closes at noon? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Jikashi wrote: »
    What's handy about a shop that closes at noon? :rolleyes:

The stroke of noon is technically AM. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I always thought it was 24 hour.

Their website contradicts itself. Gives opening hours AND says it's 24 hour.

Tesco.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

...close at 12pm? ...
    peejay1986 wrote: »
    ... open until 12.
    Jikashi wrote: »
    ... noon? :rolleyes:
    The stroke of noon is technically AM. :rolleyes:

Actually, the designations "AM" and "PM" lose any meaning whatsoever when applied to the hours of noon and midnight.

It is pointless to argue whether "12AM" means midnight or noon, or whether "12PM" means midnight or noon, because the moment you put either an AM or a PM on the number 12, you are already wrong and have lost the argument.

"AM" means Ante Meridian, or "Before Noon", and "PM" means Post Meridian or "After Noon"

By definition, therefore, at the stroke of noon, it is neither "AM" nor "PM", it is simply "12 noon". As soon as the stroke of noon has passed, it is "PM", and it remains "PM" right up until the stroke of midnight. Of course the stroke of midnight is exactly equidistant between the noon just past and the noon still to come, so midnight is similarly neither "AM" nor "PM", but is simply "12 midnight". Once the stroke of midnight has passed, it is then "AM" again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

If someone's going to be wrong, i'd prefer them to be wrong by saying 12pm for noon rather than 12am for noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

OP got his answer - cue Cournioni :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

peejay1986 wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/ie/?bID=5794

Unless Tesco's website is lying then yes, they're open until 12.

I notice they still don't have the new Dundalk extra store listed on their website yet and its open 2 weeks now, just the details on the old store with the old opening hours.

http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/ie/?bID=3502

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Hours changed early this year from 24h to 6am-12am...

Just wanted to dig up this thread as I was in Dundalk yesterday and noticed the site beside it (in front of The Gym) is being prepared for something. There's already a car park in there now, so anyone know what's planned to be built there?

Are they not just removing the temporary store?

MugMugs wrote: »
    Are they not just removing the temporary store?

Duh! Yep, I bet that's it. Shows how often I visit Dundalk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

The car park is idle (beyond the temporary buildings) i believe with view to both site works and space for the eventual removal of Hill St. Bridge, and then the continuation of Millennium Rd across the N1 and meet up with the roundabout spur currently blanked off on the dual-carriageway just past Xerox. When this may happen who knows and I dont see why the bridge couldnt stay as a fly-over in some way. Cycle Lanes are a key aspect of these plans in the Dundalk and Environs plan to 2020 or so. If planned well it could do a good job the alleviating the morning/evening tailbacks at DkIT and Mourneview one day.

I'd really like to see that bridge remain.

Can't help but feel our town has been stripped of it's history in the name of "progress"

Advertisement