Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus route 145

• 12-08-2014 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

I am literally going to go insane trying to use the bus service over the last couple of years from Bray and Shankill.

It regularly just doesn't turn up in the morning going towards town.
    It is NOT every 10 minutes
    Regularly you can wait anything up to 45 minutes for 3-4 to turn up at the one time
    If you work between Baggot St and UCD you are pretty much guaranteed to have 2-3 "full" (but a lot of the time with clearly visible standing area downstairs) buses drive by you.
    The drivers are unbelievably rude, shockingly so.

I've been using Dublin bus for about 17 years and this is the worst experience I have ever had.
    One didnt turn up yesterday morning, another drove by three of us this morning and 2 drove by me yesterday evening. I have started getting 7B's or 84X's and just walking.

Why is it SO bad? Even the 75 wasn't this bad!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Get the dart its quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Marhay70

BeatNikDub wrote: »

You're relying on several branches of the Public Service to ensure your journey goes smoothly and that means several groups of people who couldn't give a fcuk but will still be assured of their pay packet, that's why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

What a lazy generalisation there. If your going to make such a broad-sweeping sttement, you should 'fess up what you do yourself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

145 is an extremely busy route, it's a success story for DB imo. I got it last night from Bray and flew into the city.

It should be all VTs at rush hour though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Its really not quicker than the DART, for me anyway.
    It is about a 20 minute walk to get there and then leaves me much further away to where I work as opposed to the 145 - plus the journey time is much longer than the 145 which has the bus corridor.
    The DART for myself is for Saturdays when you aren't in a rush and have about an hour and half to spare to get in to town or home from town and fancy a nice extra stroll and time to enjoy the scenery! The 145 you need to give an hour each way (from Shank)

The driver's are so excessively rude though too.
    Maybe I was spoiled with my years of the 48A/14/75 but jaykers the 145 is on another level of a poor service.

I totally accept that traffic hold things up, drivers/staff get sick etc etc but it's just a daily litany of being driven past, snarled or shouted at and never being able to rely on any timetable or app!
    Me nerves lads!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Marhay70 wrote: »
    You're relying on several branches of the Public Service to ensure your journey goes smoothly and that means several groups of people who couldn't give a fcuk but will still be assured of their pay packet, that's why.

Tone it down and less generalising please!

Please read the charter before posting again.

clunked wrote: »
    What a lazy generalisation there. If your going to make such a broad-sweeping sttement, you should 'fess up what you do yourself.

A poster's work etc is really off-topic here.

Please read the charter before posting again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭thomasj

I am literally going to go insane trying to use the bus service over the last couple of years from Bray and Shankill.

It regularly just doesn't turn up in the morning going towards town.
    It is NOT every 10 minutes
    Regularly you can wait anything up to 45 minutes for 3-4 to turn up at the one time
    If you work between Baggot St and UCD you are pretty much guaranteed to have 2-3 "full" (but a lot of the time with clearly visible standing area downstairs) buses drive by you.
    The drivers are unbelievably rude, shockingly so.

I've been using Dublin bus for about 17 years and this is the worst experience I have ever had.
    One didnt turn up yesterday morning, another drove by three of us this morning and 2 drove by me yesterday evening. I have started getting 7B's or 84X's and just walking.

There seems to be quiet some problems with services at the moment.

The 39/as were notoriously bad last week where one day I gave up after waiting for 30 minutes the next was standing inside the door on the Saturday there was a 40 minute wait I overhewqrd the driver say the 2 journies ahead of him didn't show up and its has been pretty much the story of the last couple of weeks.

Its safe to say that on routes such as the 39a and 145 the summer timetable hasn't worked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The issue is (in my view) that they don't have enough drivers to cover all the duties when the holidays kick in.

The summer schedules have helped, but really they need to devise schedules that can be guaranteed to be delivered.

This is the third or fourth year in a row these issues have manifested themselves.

There is no summer schedule on the 145 incidentally.

I'm not sure why the 75 is being brought up again. That route's timetable was recast in 2009, a full five years ago, and any reliability issues that it suffered evaporated at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

Personally its harder to do real time on buses than the dart/luas

lxflyer wrote: »
    The issue is (in my view) that they don't have enough drivers to cover all the duties when the holidays kick in.

The summer schedules have helped, but really they need to devise schedules that can be guaranteed to be delivered.

This is the third or fourth year in a row these issues have manifested themselves.

There is no summer schedule on the 145 incidentally.

I'm not sure why the 75 is being brought up again. That route's timetable was recast in 2009, a full five years ago, and any reliability issues that it suffered evaporated at that time.

lxflyer I am harking back to using the 75 in the late 90's and how bad it was up until the late 2000's - just making a wee joke - but I should have been more specific!
    I was home in my parents for a few months last year and had to use it again to commute to Stillorgan and I have to say, it was quite a different service. They could have done with maybe 3, rather than just 2, during 7 to 8am and 8 to 9am but still, a good solid service.

I couldn't agree more with the timetabling problem on the 145. It says it is every 10 minutes from 6.50am on (weekdays) but it truly is not!
    It would just be better to revise it and make one that is realistic with regard to staffing levels and also to look at the problem of when it leaves town during rush hour in the evening it is full by Kildare St.

One day hopefully!

Thanks Folks!
    Today was better, the scheduled one in Shankill I always try and get turned up AND I managed to squeeze on one home yesterday that was the first one to go by! It was like they could hear my moans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

IT was such a blessing when first appeared. I lived on the 7 but it was easily 15-20 mins quicker to walk across Kilbogget park and get a 145 to town than get a 7 and/or back. It did gradually deteriorate though and I can totally relate to the OP, early morning you get enormous gaps in service, 45 mins+ with no sign of a bus despite RPTI stating otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Marhay70 wrote: »

Sometimes operate the 145 meself,usually on a charitable basis,for a bowl of rice and some mung-beans,as it's so much better for the economy.

Word is,that some significant developments are "in train" for the Bray-An Lár corridor which may (or may not) give posters new scope for comment.....:)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Looking at just how busy the 145 (and later the 46A) route is, I wonder if it would have been a better idea to run the Luas Green Line along the N11/Stillorgan by-pass, possibly looking something like this:

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.036692,8.558237,3a,75y,26.23h,78.09t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1spx_bRJCN95wp1sMR_yaX_w!2e0

The benefits would have been a much more reliable & quicker journey. You can then use the buses for feeder routes from other South Side areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

V_Moth wrote: »
    Looking at just how busy the 145 (and later the 46A) route is, I wonder if it would have been a better idea to run the Luas Green Line along the N11/Stillorgan by-pass, possibly looking something like this:

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.036692,8.558237,3a,75y,26.23h,78.09t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1spx_bRJCN95wp1sMR_yaX_w!2e0

The benefits would have been a much more reliable & quicker journey. You can then use the buses for feeder routes from other South Side areas.

The problem,as I see it V_Moth,is that so much of the Luas project was/is predicated upon Developer Led funding,with the current (desperate) hope being a resurgence of the Cherrywood Development Zone.

Much of our Urban Planning and Development appears to be in the hands of well-meaning,but largely clueless professional administrators deeply rooted in the traditions of the past.

This leads to somewhat incredible decisions such as the Ikea Cherrywood refusal and many siimilar,though smaller-scale examples such as designing and constructing Major Hospitals and Retail Centre's with NO built-in Public Transport access whatsoever.

One only has to look at how the presence of so many Privately Operated Multi-Storey Car Parks within the City-Centre Zone,effectively precludes ANY modern Traffic Planning and Management functions in the area,with the "Authorities" constantly having to be cogniscent of the Constitutional rights of these "Private Operators" to remain profitable,even if that causes significant difficulties for other....less commercial,but socially positive,projects.

By far and away the hardest aspect of these decisions to accept,is the TOTAL inability of these "Professional" Planners/Administrators to comprehend that any of their decisions were (and remain so) simply Crackpot,having resulted in the virtual destruction of loctions such as Dundrum as viable examples of "Social Living".

It can be argued that,post Irelands Economic Collapse,such stuff will not be repeated,but with the rather quick re-emergence of the "Usual Developer Suspects" we may well see exactly the same errors of judgement (Lunacy) being proposed yet again.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 veliktom

V_Moth wrote: »

I think the main reason for putting the green line where it is was that the old alignment of the Harcourt Street line was still in situ, so it was probably the cheapest and least disruptive option. I do like your suggestion though, and the N11 is probably busy enough and far enough away from the current green line and DART to justify a separate line altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭steve-o

Why not get on another bus and then change to a 145 further out in the 'burbs? 7B and 7D are great for doing that as they tend to fly along and catch up with 145/46A ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Might be some respite on the way.
    “Following on from the concerns we expressed with regard to capacity issues on the 84X during the peak commuters periods, Dublin Bus has stated that it will introduce extra departures at 15:45 and 17:30 during the autumn and winter period on the 145 service from the terminus in Belfield Campus. Dublin Bus also aims to introduce three extra buses during the autumn and winter period on the 145 route from the city centre between 17:00 and 17:45 in order to alleviate demand on the 84X route.

http://wicklowvoice.ie/significant-improvements-dublin-bus-services-wicklow/

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Maybe I was spoiled with my years of the 48A/14/75 but jaykers the 145 is on another level of a poor service.

!

Its the same Depot with the same drivers.

liger wrote: »
    Its the same Depot with the same drivers.

No it's not - some are based in Bray depot, a sub-section of Donnybrook.

Given many of the drivers are "marked in" on certain routes, i.e. work a fixed roster on particular routes, they could be completely different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

AlekSmart wrote: »
    The problem,as I see it V_Moth,is that so much of the Luas project was/is predicated upon Developer Led funding,with the current (desperate) hope being a resurgence of the Cherrywood Development Zone.

Much of our Urban Planning and Development appears to be in the hands of well-meaning,but largely clueless professional administrators deeply rooted in the traditions of the past.

This leads to somewhat incredible decisions such as the Ikea Cherrywood refusal and many siimilar,though smaller-scale examples such as designing and constructing Major Hospitals and Retail Centre's with NO built-in Public Transport access whatsoever.

One only has to look at how the presence of so many Privately Operated Multi-Storey Car Parks within the City-Centre Zone,effectively precludes ANY modern Traffic Planning and Management functions in the area,with the "Authorities" constantly having to be cogniscent of the Constitutional rights of these "Private Operators" to remain profitable,even if that causes significant difficulties for other....less commercial,but socially positive,projects.

By far and away the hardest aspect of these decisions to accept,is the TOTAL inability of these "Professional" Planners/Administrators to comprehend that any of their decisions were (and remain so) simply Crackpot,having resulted in the virtual destruction of loctions such as Dundrum as viable examples of "Social Living".

It can be argued that,post Irelands Economic Collapse,such stuff will not be repeated,but with the rather quick re-emergence of the "Usual Developer Suspects" we may well see exactly the same errors of judgement (Lunacy) being proposed yet again.

Exactly. Horrible to see such a waste of potential solutions to the current traffic mess.
    veliktom wrote: »
    I think the main reason for putting the green line where it is was that the old alignment of the Harcourt Street line was still in situ, so it was probably the cheapest and least disruptive option. I do like your suggestion though, and the N11 is probably busy enough and far enough away from the current green line and DART to justify a separate line altogether.

An option would have been to link up that line to Harcourt Street line via Eglington & Sandyford Roads or even go underground near UCD. But that is all for a different thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

145 is a great road but problems are for a lot of duties where most are given 1hr40mins this is not enough.
    So this means buses are late and are then regulated or sent special some or all of the route.

I fully agree op there are some very rude drivers and work with some but no names of course;).

The buses on this road are not suitable for the numbers and having a single door is madness and only adds to hold ups.

Get use to more delays with the stupidity of Luas works as they dig to move services then will be back to dig again same section to place tracks.
    The bus gate on College Green being enforced by cops has made things worse and with collisions and bus stops full and moved around things are only going to get worse.

The 46a got a summer bill so the 145 is now taking 46a passengers more often adding to pressure.

As I said buses are not suitable and are all getting on a bit now for such a busy and long route.

More needs to be done with faster ticket machines and faster updating and loading of cards with permanent checkers or rpu staff on this road as fare dodging is high and there is also a lot of aggression out there not only on 145 but this is a problem getting worse.

As said above there are not enough drivers at times to cover duties.

There are sections of the route that could be made more direct and this would speed it up.

Why not have a 90 bus running shuttle all day and run 145 from parnell sq or mountjoy as it use to.
    Since moving to Heuston the time to get out of town is has increased dramatically.

Lots of things could and should be done also report buses missing to db by email or twitter or by letter also the NTA which is just another spin off to create more high paying government jobs.

One thing to try and remember is give the driver a bit of respect and maybe you will get some back as the amount that look down on us and treat us like sh1t they just walked on is unreal.

Best is when they say ah sure your only a bus driver or its only a bus like this is meant to insult:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭steveblack

No it's not - some are based in Bray depot, a sub-section of Donnybrook.

Given many of the drivers are "marked in" on certain routes, i.e. work a fixed roster on particular routes, they could be completely different.

Your wrong, every 145 driver is donnybrook based. Only drivers based in bray depot are 84 drivers.

steveblack wrote: »
    Your wrong, every 145 driver is donnybrook based. Only drivers based in bray depot are 84 drivers.

There are marked in bray duties these use to change over at the station but the company got the change up to castle street which was crazy in my opinion as you now have to make your way to the garage on your break and back to take up again.

Still donnybrook drivers, none of them are bray based

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Live on the 145 route just beyond Cabinteely, and I'd echo the sentiments of the poster above who said it's introduction was a revelation. I think it lowered my daily commute to school by half an hour each way, and I still use it for college and work to get into the city.

I have the same driver most mornings for work, can't complain. He's not chatty (neither am I at that time) but he doesn't muck about. One driver managed to miss my stop the other day, but it's not a hugely busy stop so I understand that.

My issue with the route is that between say town and bray it is so direct, using QBC and generally tearing up the tarmac. But once it gets to Bray it goes completely AWOL into small estates, and as another poster pointed out, it can get horribly delayed on the quays coming from Heuston.

I'd disagree with the LUAS going down the N11. The N11 is already a commuter's dream. Improving the services to people who already live on it would be a little ridiculous IMO - I feel there are people who could be better served by it. I also don't feel it's worth extending that much further, I would chose to take the 145 over the LUAS because the bus is faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

steve-o wrote: »
    Why not get on another bus and then change to a 145 further out in the 'burbs? 7B and 7D are great for doing that as they tend to fly along and catch up with 145/46A ahead.

I hated people who did that. You were lucky to get on a 7b at Belfield outbound in my first year of college, yet it would be empty by Foxrock, so the people who actually need to get them rather than a 145 / 46a got left behind.

There are marked in bray duties these use to change over at the station but the company got the change up to castle street which was crazy in my opinion as you now have to make your way to the garage on your break and back to take up again.

Yes, but it eradicates the ludicrous practice of some 145s going via Bray Station and others not, which completely destroyed any possibility of a consistent service to passengers along the N11 corridor, which is what the bus service is supposed to deliver.

Yes, but it eradicates the ludicrous practice of some 145s going via Bray Station and others not, which completely destroyed any possibility of a consistent service to passengers along the N11 corridor, which is what the bus service is supposed to deliver.

Not some, but all 145's went by the station.

Not some, but all 145's went by the station.

No they did not.

If you want I'll scan the timetable with the footnote prior to the network direct changes.

Only those with driver changes operated via the station leaving totally inconsistent headways inbound along the N11 at those times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

No they did not.

If you want I'll scan the timetable with the footnote prior to the network direct changes.

Only those with driver changes operated via the station leaving totally inconsistent headways inbound along the N11 at those times.

Correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

errlloyd wrote: »
    But once it gets to Bray it goes completely AWOL into small estates,.

No it doesn't.

It drives up mainstreet Bray.
    On up the Killarney Road (continuation of the main road)
    Takes a turn down the Killarney Lane to meet up with the Herbert Road (the other main road going to Kilmac)
    Then drives up Kilbride lane back to connect back up with the Killarney Road and on to Kilmac.

It basically does a horse shoe shape right of the Killarney Road to service more estates. However, it certainly doesn't drive into a single estate - it sticks to the main road. This adds about 1-2 minutes on to the trip, that's all.

On the subject of the bus route itself, I've been getting it every day for the guts of 10 years in different forms. (The top end of Bray to Dublin for 6 years, now Bray to White's cross) - it definitely is experiencing terrible capacity issues at the moment. More than it ever has. I see it reaching capacity and flying pass people waiting at bus stops all the time. This definitely didn't happen nearly as much in the past.

Right now with the schools on holidays it's bliss, I'm getting to work in Sandyford on average 15 minutes quicker. Dreading the kids going back in September :(

This mornings shambles:

I got the 145 in Shankill at approx 7.50am this morning and it stopped at the Galloping Green bus stop for what I can only assume was no reason. The bus had not broken down; it was still running.
    All passengers were left sitting there with no explanation. A few started to get off as, like myself, they were rushing and there is not really time to sit around!
    After about 6 minutes or so I decided I would try and ask what was going on and was told “I will be with you in a minute love”. I could see there was a 46a in a minute or 2 so I made the decision to just get off and get that, I had no idea how long we would be there or what was going on. More people tried to converse with the driver and he ignored them all, until eventually all were told to get off and get the 46A.
    EVERYONE HAD TO PAY A SECOND TIME.

Scandalous but not too surprising given my experience of the 145 tbf.

In all my years I have to say I have never come across the same drivers along the 75/14/48A route with the 145. Definitely notice a double up on the 84/A/X though. I could of course be wrong though! Maybe it's the route more so than the drivers, is it particularly hated?

I'd never look my nose down at anyone. I always smile but am just forever greeted with such relentless rudeness it kind of drains you.

I have sent in two complaints now, which I hate doing but no point in moaning and doing nothing.
    Anyway you just get general template responses so I doubt they are even really read?

This mornings shambles:

I got the 145 in Shankill at approx 7.50am this morning and it stopped at the Galloping Green bus stop for what I can only assume was no reason. The bus had not broken down; it was still running.
    All passengers were left sitting there with no explanation. A few started to get off as, like myself, they were rushing and there is not really time to sit around!
    After about 6 minutes or so I decided I would try and ask what was going on and was told “I will be with you in a minute love”. I could see there was a 46a in a minute or 2 so I made the decision to just get off and get that, I had no idea how long we would be there or what was going on. More people tried to converse with the driver and he ignored them all, until eventually all were told to get off and get the 46A.

In all my years I have to say I have never come across the same drivers along the 75/14/48A route with the 145. Definitely notice a double up on the 84/A/X though. I could of course be wrong though! Maybe it's the route more so than the drivers, is it particularly hated?

I'd never look my nose down at anyone. I always smile but am just forever greeted with such relentless rudeness it kind of drains you.

I have sent in two complaints now, which I hate doing but no point in moaning and doing nothing.
    Anyway you just get general template responses so I doubt they are even really read?

That's inexcusable on several levels - the lack of communication as to why there was a delay and then having to pay again. Surely people just showed their ticket? Where was the driver of the first bus (the 145)?

The reason for the automated reply is that they have a database for complaints so that they can be formally logged and then sent out to the depots for a response.

You should definitely get a response for this - that's totally unacceptable.

I would follow all of this up with a general letter to the District Manager in Donnybrook Garage, referencing the two complaints, about the general "attitude" of drivers, as that's not on, nor as you say is it representative of Dublin Bus drivers in general.

Drivers on the 145 also work the 84x - they're on the same driver rosters.

Did you try ringing central control or donnybrook.

There are a few drivers they can't wait to have something on them to get rid as they are causing huge problems.

Paying again seems strange as other driver would accept if paid on another bus going pretty much same place.

Was it a woman driver or man ?

Both drivers were men.
    Being honest, I had already got off and was prepared at that stage to pay the second fare just to get on with my journey and get to work. I am lucky and have a leap card so have the extra bit there.

As it turned out though the 145 driver told everyone to get off the bus and on the 46A. The 46A bus driver directed us all to the ticket machine.
    I sat down beside a lady who was already on the 46A saying the same thing had happened to her recently but her problem was she didn't have a leap card and only carried the exact change for her journey. She was worried what she would have done if she had had to pay again as she would not have had it. We watched every passenger from the 145 beep their cards and pay again.

lxflyer I got the automated response first and then a more lengthy reply a few days later. But it wasn't in reply nor did it answer any of my questions or issues. It was very much so a general template they have that can relate to any bus route service issues.
    Bit disappointing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

When I'd get the 14, it would often happen that passengers would have to get off and onto the 14 behind us, usually involving a wait of a few minutes. But never have I heard of having to pay a second time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

This mornings shambles:

Copy the NTA on your complaint to Dublin Bus, that's a disgrace.

info@nationaltransport.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭anonanymore

Copy to Transport Minister Paschal Donohoe, he's wondering why people don't use public transport.

Both drivers were men.
    Being honest, I had already got off and was prepared at that stage to pay the second fare just to get on with my journey and get to work. I am lucky and have a leap card so have the extra bit there.

As it turned out though the 145 driver told everyone to get off the bus and on the 46A. The 46A bus driver directed us all to the ticket machine.
    I sat down beside a lady who was already on the 46A saying the same thing had happened to her recently but her problem was she didn't have a leap card and only carried the exact change for her journey. She was worried what she would have done if she had had to pay again as she would not have had it. We watched every passenger from the 145 beep their cards and pay again.

lxflyer I got the automated response first and then a more lengthy reply a few days later. But it wasn't in reply nor did it answer any of my questions or issues. It was very much so a general template they have that can relate to any bus route service issues.
    Bit disappointing!

In that case, as I say write directly to the District Manager at Donnybrook Garage - that is not acceptable.

Thanks for your help folks. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

This mornings shambles:

I got the 145 in Shankill at approx 7.50am this morning

So it happen this morning, you put in a complaint, and got a reply a few days later. Hmmm time machine.
    lxflyer I got the automated response first and then a more lengthy reply a few days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I must admit there's a part of me that has a very hard time believing that an entire bus-load of people was double-charged during the morning rush for being told to get onto the bus behind.

You would not believe the lies told about dublin bus and its drivers, we can only thank God the entire fleet is equipped with CCTV.
    Outrageous complaint comes in about driver, CCTV is reviewed and the truth comes out.

So it happen this morning, you put in a complaint, and got a reply a few days later. Hmmm time machine.

He or she is referring to the first complaint they put in - read the post again. There was an earlier one a few weeks ago to which they got a generic response which was not satisfactory.

Whoah guys! Of course I am not making this up! Why would I?

I put in a complaint weeks ago about buses not turning up, driving past customers, rudeness - a whole plethora of things!
    I got an inadequate response but left it.

This morning was too much though, I don't understand why everyone had to pay again, why a bus stopped for no reason and why no one was told why and fobbed off. And yes I probably should have said something at the time I know but that still doesn't make it right.

I take complete exception to being called a liar. I have made my complaint and escalated it so leave it with Dublin bus now. They can check the CCTV (hopefully there will be footage) and make of it what they will. I can do no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

This morning was too much though, I don't understand why everyone had to pay again, ...
    I don't either, in fact I think I'd have point blank refused to under those circumstances.

Keep a record or even better contact Leap and tell them you were charged twice and most likely they will see and refund you so worth a try.

It is a strange one and I have had to change buses and say a fault occurs or break down where another bus would be coming so would give the passengers the option to change over if the buses destination was any good to them.

I have never heard of this happening before but I will have a word with management and bring it up and see what is said because that is not on.

Before I worked there I used the buses myself and never had any major issue like that.

Everyone can have their bad day and be in a mood but for the 2 drivers to be acting like that is very strange and is it that the 46a driver didn't understand that you were all off the bus. Also find it strange nobody didn't say or do anything.

Advertisement