Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill payment method

Options
  • 12-08-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I'm currently on an unlimited download residential broadband package, and have been for a good while. I receive my bill in the post and pay in my local shop. No direct debit necessary. I had my security deposit credited to my account, as I hadn't missed or been late with any payments.

Here's my issue: When I tried to add the tv package, and upgrade to e-fibre I was told I had to give my bank details and the bill would be debited from my account. I didn't want this, it suited me to pay in the shop, for various reasons.

Is that the be all and end all, because it seems a shame that I cannot purchase additional services from Eircom as they've changed the payment method which had been working perfectly until now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi guys.

I'm currently on an unlimited download residential broadband package, and have been for a good while. I receive my bill in the post and pay in my local shop. No direct debit necessary. I had my security deposit credited to my account, as I hadn't missed or been late with any payments.

Here's my issue: When I tried to add the tv package, and upgrade to e-fibre I was told I had to give my bank details and the bill would be debited from my account. I didn't want this, it suited me to pay in the shop, for various reasons.

Is that the be all and end all, because it seems a shame that  I cannot purchase additional services from Eircom as they've changed the payment method which had been working perfectly until now.
    Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear this and I completely understand your frustration. Unfortunately at the present time eFibre accounts can only be set up and paid through direct debit. If this process changes in the future we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Just wanna bump this again. I received correspondence from eircom during the week letting me know that efibre is available in my area, and asking me to contact the sales team.

Before I do, can you tell me if I'll still be asked to setup a direct debit before I can avail of the efibre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Just wanna bump this again. I received correspondence from eircom during the week letting me know that efibre is available in my area, and asking me to contact the sales team.

Before I do, can you tell me if I'll still be asked to setup a direct debit before I can avail of the efibre?
    Hi The Cunning Linguist

Yes, Direct debit remains a specific condition in upgrading to efibre broadband from eircom.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement