Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldfish Down?

• 12-08-2014 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Folks.
    Has anyone heard any news on Goldfish.ie? They appear to have disappeared. No web page, no answer to their phone and my Voip is not working. Looks like their servers are offline!

Anyone hear anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ANewStart

troubling... our phone number is ringing out and then not going to message minder

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Their website and service seems to be working now. Problem was there were issues with their data centre according to Twitter:

https://www.twitter.com/goldfishtelecom

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fireman1

Thanks Mr G. Interesting to see a business with what looks like no redundancy in the system. A single problem and they become invisible. No phone, no web presence.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Fireman1 wrote: »
    Thanks Mr G. Interesting to see a business with what looks like no redundancy in the system. A single problem and they become invisible. No phone, no web presence.

I agree and I'm be interested too. Blueface only had 1 Point of Presence (PoP) but have gone into another data centre (or will be going into) owned by Telecity. As far as VoIP providers go, if you need redundancy for outgoing calls it would be recommended to have a second provider (either landline/ISDN or a foreign VoIP provider).

That being said, Goldfish would technically have been able to divert calls to another number and VoIP can be more reliable than traditional fixed line services. You can defend both however Goldfish have not gone down in a long time.

Advertisement