Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Sunday bus services to Donnycarney?

Options
  • 12-08-2014 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to get to Donnycarney early Sunday morning but the buses seem to only start around 9am. Is there a way or possibly a train I could get that is earlier than this? Like say 7 or 8 am

Haven't a clue as to how to get there at that time of the morning, but would be grateful for your help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Where are you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

I would be coming from the Kilmainham area

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Use the stickied thread on the main page - How to get from a to b in Dublin using Dublin Bus/Luas/Dart.

Use the stickied thread on the main page - How to get from a to b in Dublin using Dublin Bus/Luas/Dart.

Oh gosh! Well getting from A to B is all well in good but getting from A to B at a specific time is another thing! Nothing is ever direct or when at the time you need it at.

Thanks though, will check it out.

merlie wrote: »
    Oh gosh! Well getting from A to B is all well in good but getting from A to B at a specific time is another thing!
    The linked sites allow you to enter specific departure or arrival times & date of travel.

• Advertisement

For example...
    07:43 at Suir Road Luas Stop take Tram Red Line to Busáras Luas Stop
    08:01 arrive at Busáras Luas Stop
    08:21 at Stop No. 496 Busáras take Bus 27 towards Clare Hall
    08:29 arrive at Stop No. 4382 Donnycarney Church

For example...
    07:43 at Suir Road Luas Stop take Tram Red Line to Busáras Luas Stop
    08:01 arrive at Busáras Luas Stop
    08:21 at Stop No. 496 Busáras take Bus 27 towards Clare Hall
    08:29 arrive at Stop No. 4382 Donnycarney Church

I have checked that out on Dublin Bus website and the number 27 leaves Jobstown at 8.20 ..so it would be later than that by the time it arrives at the Busaras stop

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/27-/
    which would be still too late for me.

Thank you for going to the trouble of looking it up for me. I really appreciate it.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

merlie wrote: »
    I have checked that out on Dublin Bus website and the number 27 leaves Jobstown at 8.20 ..so it would be later than that by the time it arrives at the Busaras stop

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/27-/
    which would be still too late for me.
    The timetable seems to say the first service, 8:20am on Sunday leaves from Eden Quay rather thsn Jobstown.

Correct Polar101. So, OP - you are still good to go based on the schedule I gave you. ;)

@ The Hill Billy,

Thank you so very much. I have checked that all out and it seems to be a goer.

Thank you again for going to the trouble of checking it out for me and for letting me know. I really appreciate it.

Kind regards to you

• Advertisement
Advertisement