Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual electricity meter

Options
  • 12-08-2014 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,
    Today I have received my first bill with a dual meter and I have noticed that the night meter has not moved by a single unit in the last month. The meters are old and we have just moved in.
    Questions:
    1) What are the day/night switch times?
    2) Is the night meter supposed to work only with storage heating (which we don't have) or should it work with any electricity usage in the house at nighttime?
    3) How can I make sure it's working correctly?

Thanks

Gam

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Gam wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Today I have received my first bill with a dual meter and I have noticed that the night meter has not moved by a single unit in the last month. The meters are old and we have just moved in.
    Questions:
    1) What are the day/night switch times?
    2) Is the night meter supposed to work only with storage heating (which we don't have) or should it work with any electricity usage in the house at nighttime?
    3) How can I make sure it's working correctly?

Thanks

Gam
    is it 1 meter with 2 dials

or 2 meters?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Another way to check same thing. Check the MCC code on the top right of your bill. Is is MCC02, or MCC03?

MCC03 is night rate for storage heating only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

If you have two meters one is for night storage heating and the other is for all other usage.

If you have a meter with two sets of numbers all your night usage should be at the off peak rate and recorded on one of the dials.

Advertisement