Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí vetting forms

Options
  • 12-08-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I know all new students are required to complete these forms so I'm hoping someone has a solution. I need to get them signed by either a peace commissioner, a practising solicitor, a commissioner of oaths, or a notary public. I'm not sure what the last two are or where to find them. My problem is I tried the guards station but they said they don't sign those forms, and when I asked a solicitor they wanted to charge me 10euro. Now of course I have 10euro but I need a bunch of equipment for my course and if there is someone that doesn't charge for signing the forms I'd love to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

pockyrin wrote: »
    I know all new students are required to complete these forms so I'm hoping someone has a solution. I need to get them signed by either a peace commissioner, a practising solicitor, a commissioner of oaths, or a notary public. I'm not sure what the last two are or where to find them. My problem is I tried the guards station but they said they don't sign those forms, and when I asked a solicitor they wanted to charge me 10euro. Now of course I have 10euro but I need a bunch of equipment for my course and if there is someone that doesn't charge for signing the forms I'd love to know.

Some info here on some Peace Commissioners in Tralee area - have you contacted them & asked them?

Could be worth putting the question to those mentioned in that linkie,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

pockyrin wrote: »

A peace commisoner and commissioner of oaths are much the same thing I think. That are appointment by the Chief Justice or something like that. If you ask the Garda in the station, they might point you to a nearby one. They don't share for signing any forms.

Advertisement