Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visit to Tramore

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

if it happened the way the op says ( and ive no reason to doubt but two sides to every story ) then they obviously need better signage stating who owns what seats.
    ive been down there and didnt know it was allocated thought it was all shared.
    also surely a shared system is better for the businesses and more consumer friendly encouraging repeat custom and a good experience.
    businesses need to work together and not just against each other . goes for tramore and Waterford alike.
    also a lot has been done down there and its looking well so fair play to all involved .

finish the park and another prime asset will be added for next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭looksee

rasper wrote: »
    if it happened the way the op says ( and ive no reason to doubt but two sides to every story ) then they obviously need better signage stating who owns what seats.
    ive been down there and didnt know it was allocated thought it was all shared.
    also surely a shared system is better for the businesses and more consumer friendly encouraging repeat custom and a good experience.
    businesses need to work together and not just against each other . goes for tramore and Waterford alike.
    also a lot has been done down there and its looking well so fair play to all involved .

finish the park and another prime asset will be added for next year

They were IN the cafe, not sitting outside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Funny how the Brooklyn Cafe didn't get a mention yet as its unbelievably popular these days it seems. People may remember it as the old 'Lido', which was a very much sub par and not too popular Pizza joint. The new place is in its second year now I believe and fair play to the new management/owner. Sometimes you can't get in there without reservation. Of course a decent summer helps. I like it myself as its nice Italian food for not crazy money. One can actually have a bite to eat out that isn't a chip but a meal with a starter and a glass of wine and you wouldn't immediately drop 60, 70 quid plus.

The old prom strip with all the arcades could still do with some upgrades, but the new strip starting from the Brooklyn and going to the new Surf Centre etc are on a different level completely. All new walkways, roads, there are even two electric car charging stations. Looks almost like Tramore strand has arrived in the 21st century! ;) Messin aside, I really love it, very presentable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I frequent Tramore a lot for walks on the beach etc, I must say the lower end of the beach has improved exponentially over the last 18 months, for both winter and summer trade, it has a real Newfoundland feel to it, Moes's and Brooklyn particularly have upped the ante to a huge degree.
    I was commenting to someone the other day, that Tramore are doing what Dunmore should be doing and in a very polished way.
    Yes Tramore has a jaded tourist image as regard the Hurdy Gurdys but this end of the prom is pointing a direction that is 12 month business and sustainable and the public loves it and is turning up in droves to support it, keep it going .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Don't know about anyone else but I think its incredible rude and ignorant to bring food bought in a another shop to another cafe to eat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I'd find it pretty odd myself. Of course there are lines than can be crossed. Say if you had a group and all but one sit down in my place and the 7th guy got themselves a chip or an ice cream elsewhere. I wouldn't expect that guy to stand outside until his chip is finished. I mean we're not exactly talking evening meal sit down restaurants here. More like snack bars and cafés.

Advertisement